Author Topic: Eftihia  (Read 8252 times)

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
Eftihia
« on: June 22, 2007, 03:46:34 PM »
I can never spell this name correctly. It's the "Snack Bar" on the right hand side past the Porto Fino - 2 sets of stone steps leading up to it. They opened late this year as they too had a glut of Olives to get ready. They seem busier than usual this year. We spent a recent evening there and no complaints on the food at all. A good place to learn a bit of Greek if Mother Katerina serves you. Try the specials on offer.
Large Pork Chop & Chips for me, Kleftiko for Wendy and nut cake for dessert. Plus 2 bottles of Retsina. - Only 20 Euros. I know moneys not always relevant, if you've had a good time, but 20 Euros is, in my opinion, good value.
( Some people would pay that for the peace and quiet and good view alone.)
Regards
Negg

Offline Eileen

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
Re: Eftihia
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2007, 04:01:21 PM »
Your not alone Eggy I think I spell the name different each time I write it!

I love nothing better than stopping off there after a hard day on the beach.  I'm in my glory sitting in the shade reading a book while Keith gazes out to sea...and indulges in some people watching!

I'm pleased to hear that it's busier than usual, everyone please try and go in...if only for a cold beer. :-)

Eileen.xx

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2007, 04:10:52 PM »
I'm really pleased if Eftihia ( which I think means happiness - correct me if I'm wrong) is doing better. Such a beautiful location and friendly people too. Wasted opportunities there maybe over the years in my view.
Sandy x

Offline Mango

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2007, 04:13:22 PM »
Hi Negg

Thanks for that as we are stopping at the Kaloudis so the snack bar is the first taverna we come to and the last one on the way back.  I always wondered why it was so empty and therefore scared to try it, just in case.  Anyway thanks to you we will give it a whirl this year.
thanks
Amanda

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2007, 04:17:54 PM »
I'm really pleased if Eftihia ( which I think means happiness - correct me if I'm wrong)

Thanks for the interpretation Sandy, what a lovely name for such a friendly establishment!

Eileenx

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2007, 04:53:06 PM »
Pete and I thought it was always closed maybe we were wrong and it's just quite, we will have a closer look in September. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2007, 07:14:18 PM »
It does look closed & I think it's that long walk up the steps which possibly puts a few people off. - There is usually a specials blackboard around the small track to the right hand side.
Negg

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2007, 02:28:19 PM »
We walked past there last year and thought it was closed, or just open for family, that is what it looked liked.  Might have another look there this time and see whats on the board or they might have something nice available thats not on the board. Its in a nice quiet position and would be lovely for a meal.
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline dorothy

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2007, 03:07:00 PM »
We tried it on our last day last summer and found it super - will definitely be one of the first places we visit in August.
Dorothy

Offline Shuey

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2007, 04:35:20 PM »
Thats worth knowing Dorothy - we always thought it looked closed.

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2007, 04:38:26 PM »
Here is a photo of Eftihia which I took last September. It may help to jog the memory of anyone who is having difficulty trying to picture it in their mind.  I know that I'm guilty of walking past places without actually noticing them...

I admit it does look closed, but honestly it was open!

Offline John B

• Holiday in Heaven
  • Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2007, 04:52:44 PM »
Thanks Eileen,

I just could not remember it.

Offline justlynn

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2007, 10:41:03 AM »
Thanks for that info, Eileen.  I too wondered how you put a picture in, so will have to bear that in mind for future reference.
lynn x

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2007, 10:13:27 AM »
Glad to be of help John B & Lynn:-)

Eileenx

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2007, 01:29:15 PM »
It WAS closed when we stayed at Kaloudis at the end of May! However, during our stay the people who owned it/staff started arriving at tidying it up. I think it finally opened just before we came home (8th June)
Always wanted to try it, though - next time we're in Arillas (soon I hope!) we'll go

Booking.com