Author Topic: Eftihia  (Read 8251 times)

Offline gaye

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
Re: Eftihia
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2007, 01:30:24 AM »
we had a fabulous meal there last year and it will be on our list of places to revisit this year!
gaygo

Offline Lindypops

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2007, 06:49:53 PM »
It was a lovely meal there Neill. Lamb chops, and nut cake. Yummy.
Lindypops.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2007, 07:02:53 PM »
Great to hear that. - Nut Cake is one of the very few desserts I eat.
Neill

Offline Lindypops

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2007, 07:08:06 PM »
Well I`ll have it again, it was so nice. After 4 lamb chops as well,lol. Big bird is living up to her name,lol.
Lindypops.

Offline Wendy n Stu

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2007, 11:37:07 PM »
Great photo Eileen, felt like I was back there sat looking at it and dreaming.  We love to come off the beach and spend a couple of hours sat looking at the wonderful view from the restaurant whilst sampling the fab food.  The lemon pie was great too last year.  The sea sparkles like diamonds and it's so peaceful.  We missed it this year as it was 4 June when we left and it wasn't open.  But, in September we hope to spend lazy afternoons there.  It really is lovely. 

Offline annie

« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2007, 08:05:36 PM »
We are going to try it this summer as we have been meaning to each time we go. As it looks private we have never really looked at the menu, but will now lol

Offline Ang

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2007, 03:38:33 PM »
A few years back we decided to pop in to Eftihia's and must say that whilst we were the only ones there and we did have to wait awhile , the food that came was simple but really good, I cant remember what Hubby had but the lady who I think is the owner made me a plate of lovely little fish cooked in olive oil and garlic served with simple boiled potatoes,its was fantastic.I feel very guilty for not going back maybe because I wouldnt want to spoil the memory of those little fishes, we pass there every day when there so I think we will return when we arrive next week..I feel a fish week approaching what with me sardines at Dimitris a fancying for lobster at Valisis and ah yes maybe a few little fish at Eftihias.
Ang

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2007, 03:45:29 PM »
We recently went back and had yet another really good evening. I'm not sure if I posted this already but "Eftihia" is the name of the daughter who works there,
Mother, Katerina, took the time to come from the Kitchen and welcome us,
They had quite a few guests that evening as well. - Good to see.
Negg

Offline Ang

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2007, 04:49:14 PM »
Lets hope that the old word of mouth works well for them this season and many more will enjoy.
Ang

Offline Lindypops

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2007, 06:18:30 PM »
We went, and I had lovely lamb chops, and nut cake. Deeeeeeeelicious.
Lindypops.

Offline Diane x

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2007, 10:27:31 PM »
Where is this place ? I looked at the photo, but it doesn't look familiar .

Diane x

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2007, 02:00:36 PM »
Its just past The Portofino.

Offline smoosh

• Soon have a nice hols pic rather than work badge 1
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2007, 01:47:41 PM »
Eftihia is how you spell it in English script.  My grandfather is named Eftihios so unfortunately I'm cursed with it as a middle name....

And it does mean happiness, so it's nice in that sense but pretty awful when people giggle at you for it!

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2007, 01:35:16 PM »
Judging by various reports, the biggest concern I can see with Eftihia,is that people think it's always closed.
I don't think they have a set lunchtime opening, they just open when they arrive.
And I think there were a few evenings they stayed closed due to a family illness.

They visited our house lunchtime for a quick hello but couldn't stay as they had to open the Taverna.. - .. But this was at 12:50 pm.
So if you had mounted those steps at midday, or one of those unfortunate evenings, you would be left wondering ?? - ( And would you climb those steps another time???)

We've got to know Efi and Mother very well over the last couple of years so maybe I can mention an OPEN / CLOSED board outside their Taverna.

It's always worth a visit. - As are most places you've never been in before.
Negg

Offline Dave n Anne

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2007, 01:16:50 AM »
If at first you dont succeed try try again , I think general opinion is it is worth a visit or two . (Just to get one meal ha ha .)

Yammas

Dave n Anne

Booking.com