Author Topic: Horizon Hotel - Air Conditioning?  (Read 13556 times)

Offline TerryW

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Horizon Hotel - Air Conditioning?
« on: June 20, 2007, 12:56:40 AM »
I may have missed the information I am looking for, but can anyone please tell me if the rooms at the Horizon Hotel have air conditioning? Also if there is air conditioning, do you have to pay extra for it? Thanks

I take it that, as in other parts of Greece, you can't put paper down the loo and the showers do not have curtains.

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
Re: Horizon Hotel - Air Conditioning?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2007, 10:43:45 AM »
I dont know about air con at the Horizon as I have never stayed there, sorry!

You still cant put loo paper down the loo, their plumbing system wont take it.  Some accommodation does have shower curtains, you just take your chances.  At the Galini, Arillas we didnt last year, but occasionally we have elsewhere.
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2007, 11:42:24 AM »
Don't wish to brag but where we stay at the Marinaki there is a proper shower CUBICLE!!!  Such luxury eh!  Makes me chuckle when I think of the various different apts we have stayed at when it was like 'torture shower' for the kids with the temperamental  water temperature and the 'dicing with death' wet tiles!

My parents have just come back from Ibiza and were showing the kids the photo's and they just couldnt believe it when they say their hotel had flat screen TV's!  I think its lovely that they go back to basics for a while - dont think they see it like that though!

Offline raff

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
    • www.ukfitshape.com
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2007, 12:01:06 PM »
The Horizon has Air Conditioning.  If you book through a tour company I think you may have to pay extra.  We booked through Marinos and it was included in the price. Not long now...

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2007, 12:38:26 PM »
As blondegirl said, some places have shower curtains and some dont, we stayed at the Bardis Sun Apartments and they had shower curtains there.

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2007, 03:27:18 PM »
We stayed in lovely apartments about 3 years ago in Crete on a DIY holiday, we werent expecting new ones.. we walked into the bathroom and wow!  a proper shower cubicle, lovely vanity unit and basin with lights...  Agios Gordios we had a curtain, which is hilarious as it was so thin it wrapped itself around you when you got wet!

I am pleased the Bardis has  a curtain, as it means Mike wont be soaking everything when he showers!   LOL

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2007, 06:13:43 PM »
Im afraid the same thing happens with these shower curtains aswell though Sue, once a bit of water hits them thats it, that shower curtain suddenly loves you, alot!!

It clings to your skin and makes it a bit difficult, you might get on better with it than we did.

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2007, 09:43:22 PM »
I doubt it, but its always good for a laugh!

Offline Shuey

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2007, 10:43:05 AM »
Whenever we have had a shower curtain i never used it because as Smiffy said it clings to you.  We have been so used to not having them.  This year we had a proper shower cubicle - was really impressed.

In previous years as soon as we were shown to our room the first thing i did was check to see if there was a shower curtain - now i dont bother as they are a pain anyway ;)

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2007, 10:58:12 AM »
Indeed, we dont use them either!

Offline Cheryl2307

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2007, 11:25:19 AM »
Hope you mean you don't use the shower curtain Smiffy not the shower!!  That smell could have been all your fault and the river's getting all the blame!!
Cheryl O

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2007, 12:23:26 PM »
Nah we just washed in the pool!!

Of course the curtain haha, i like to smell fresh you know ;-) !

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2007, 08:09:43 PM »
Now apart from the shower curtain problem there is always the "disappearing plug".  We can never find one for the basin for the sink.  I bought a universal one last year and it still didnt fit!

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2007, 08:55:11 PM »
Now apart from the shower curtain problem there is always the "disappearing plug".  We can never find one for the basin for the sink.  I bought a universal one last year and it still didnt fit!

...and I thought it was just us that had this problem!  Wherever we go in Greece the sink plug is usually missing!

Offline patrickjohn

• Lincolnshire Yellow Belly
  • ARILLIAC
  • PJM
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2007, 12:00:21 AM »
Hi Everyone
Stayed at the Horizon 1st to 16th June 2007.  There was a shower curtain and all plugs in place (although I had to adjust the bathroom one a little).
The air conditioning system is present but we didn't need it although temperatures reached 32 degrees in the daytime the nights were fairly cool.  Expect we could have used it for a small extra fee.
I'd recommend the Horizon to anyone.  The best feature is the food which is great.  The chef's wife (who is English) says he used to cook for the president when they were in Athens.  He certainly produces some super meals.
The next best thing are the management and staff.  All of them are great and go the extra step to make everyone feel welcome.  

Pat

My book"A Policemance Tale" at Amazon
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0B8BD9MWM

Booking.com