Author Topic: Arillas "Regular Visitor" membergroup  (Read 273348 times)

Offline Bella

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Arillas Addict
Re: Arillas "Regular Visitor" membergroup
« Reply #300 on: September 08, 2013, 05:24:05 PM »
Ive lost count too! - up to 3 times a year and usually 3 weeks each visit for past 11 years

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #301 on: September 08, 2013, 05:48:50 PM »
One thing I have learned over the years is that just about everybody I meet there has been going for longer, staying longer at a time and knows more than I do. Our eleven years and 17 visits seems to be at the middle of the statistics.

But what is the point in competing with each other? We are a select group, yes selected by our God, or our fate to find something which enriches our lives, takes us over and makes us happy.

My favourite moments are sitting on my bench, Jen by my side, watching the sun go down, feeling true romance and joy. (Oh all right, smoking a fag and dreaming of dinner at Efi's and some of Perry's Black Russians in the Nut.)

Phil

Offline sharonF

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #302 on: September 08, 2013, 08:11:03 PM »

My favourite moments are sitting on my bench, Jen by my side, watching the sun go down, feeling true romance and joy. (Oh all right, smoking a fag and dreaming of dinner at Efi's and some of Perry's Black Russians in the Nut.)

Phil

:D  That paragraph just made my day! lol, love to you and Jen xxx

Offline Palmrat

« Reply #303 on: September 08, 2013, 09:55:05 PM »
I am on here way back in 2007 at 6 visits to Arillas. So I guess this next one is 10 or 11. Don't count really only the time to the next visit.
Janina

Offline ianh

« Reply #304 on: November 10, 2013, 01:53:47 PM »
we have been coming since 1983/ 84 missed a few years whilst our son was too young to travel,been back every year since 1992 except 2011 when my appendix ? burst so came twice this year 2013,be back next year for sure. we met a lady this time never did get her name who has travelled all over greece and all over corfu but never arillas ,when we told her how many times we had come she said i am not surprised as she had a feelling as soon as she arrived that this place was special and would come back,as do all the rest of us very lucky people
ian

Offline Ron and Sue

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #305 on: November 10, 2013, 06:18:37 PM »
Just discovered thread.Had to go through 21 pages to see if I had already posted but cannot find anything.First visit 1995 staying at Bardis Sun Hotel with Thomsons.Since then every year with 4 years of 3 visits,8 years of 2 visits and 7 years of only 1 visit(I know and apologise for those 7 years).June 2014 for next visit staying at Rainbow with Jimmy for first trip of year.         Ron and Sue.

Offline Ron and Sue

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #306 on: November 10, 2013, 06:21:34 PM »
Forgot to say thanks to ianh for resurecting this thread    Ron.

Offline stevemary

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #307 on: November 10, 2013, 07:46:10 PM »
Seven times for us and the eighth booked too
Steve & Mary

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #308 on: November 10, 2013, 08:59:28 PM »
justloveit. I learned quite a while ago that everybody has been more times, stayed for longer, knew more about Arillas than me. But that competition is pointless. We obviously get so much from our times there - the local folk, the welcome, the cooking, the seafront..........

I am so glad to be part of the community about which our last two posters have talked. Jen and I are amongst the lucky folks - we have found our slice of heaven.

Phil

Offline pdkirk

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
« Reply #309 on: November 10, 2013, 10:39:23 PM »
1994 was our first year, then every year apart from 2005 I think, sometimes twice a year. in the early years with our children when they were young, the last two years with greatgrandparents and grandchildren, I'm sure dimitri remembers little lilly with his son watching her dvd up the table. Roll on next year.

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #310 on: November 10, 2013, 11:15:20 PM »
This topic was born when regular visitors seemed the only way forward for the future of my beloved Arillas. And maybe that is still true. I am glad to have participated in it.

Since then, the Wine and the Beer festivals have attracted so many, so much water has flowed under so many bridges. Brouklis has turned 40, but Dimitris still looks like a little boy....

All of these memories I keep reading about must be recorded and cherished. None of us can keep them all in immediate memory.

Phil

Offline Diane and Terry

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
« Reply #311 on: November 10, 2013, 11:53:07 PM »
1986 - Our first visit to the beautiful island of Corfu. We stayed in Ipsos.

1998 - Agios Gordios - 2 weeks in the Thomson Gold Hotel.  We hired a car to explore the island and visited Arillas.  We had a drink in a restaurant opposite the beach and I remember there was a field of  Sweetcorn next door.

2003 - We booked 2 weeks at the Bardis Sun Hotel and when we arrived we realised that we'd been for a brief visit to Arillas before. On checking out the resort I think the restaurant we visited in 1998 was the Portofino.

2005 -  Another 2 weeks at the Bardis Sun Hotel with the lovely Dorita.
2009 -  2 weeks at the Akti.  This time we went exploring on foot and as we walked up the hill to San Steph we spotted Annas Studios and decided we would stay there the next time.

2010 - Terry retired that year so we stayed for 4weeks at Annas.
2011 - Annas again, 2012 - Annas, 2013 - Annas(June) 2 weeks and then 1 week in September (had to go to the Wine Festival!)

2014 - Already booked for the last 2 weeks in June at Annas and then a 4 day stay in a hotel to explore and take in the history in Corfu Town.  

We never tire of visiting Arillas or meeting and talking to the wonderful people there;  be they holidaymakers or residents.  

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #312 on: November 11, 2013, 12:08:04 AM »
justloveit Diane. Simply done, simply said, simply Arillas. My own heart in a post. "TEN!!!!!"

Phil

Offline SPP

« Reply #313 on: November 11, 2013, 10:21:42 PM »
we first came to arillas in 1999 and have now been 22 times since. also 3 of my 4 children, 8 of my 13 grandchildren and 1 of my 3 great-grandchildren have also been to this wonderful place over the last few years. we have always stayed at kaloudis and over the years have met many wonderful people, both local and holidaymakers.
sadly this year when my wife norma and I came in may she became unwell after 2 days and we managed to get an early flight home the next day. it broke her heart having to cut short the holiday as she loved arillas and especially everyone at kaloudis. fortunately we had already booked another holiday with some of our family for late july to which she could look forward to. unfortunately she passed away 6 weeks later in mid july. following the funeral my family insisted that we still go on the holiday, so 12 of us came over and had both a sad but mostly happy holiday. all our friends at kaloudis, Portofino and the coconut bar were sad to hear our news and couldn't do enough to make our holiday the best it could be under the circumstance.
on a happier note, as arillas is in my blood I have booked 2 weeks at kaloudis next may and look forward to seeing all my friends again.

Offline cypress

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #314 on: November 11, 2013, 11:02:04 PM »
Hi SPP

Thank you for sharing the story of your life and loss. I am sorry to hear of the loss of your wife. What a love story - a story of life, marriage, children, grandchildren and great grandchildren. All condensed into a paragraph or two, but between the lines I sense many happy times and special memories have been made from your time in Arillas............... and I also sense many more to come.

I hope you don't mind my comments Mr SPP, I wouldn't want to upset you in anyway.

Cypress

Booking.com