Author Topic: thought for Dimitris.  (Read 11509 times)

Offline eve

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Super Member {over 100 posts}
thought for Dimitris.
« on: May 20, 2007, 09:46:52 PM »
How about a buddy badge? Anyone who visits your abode gets one, then we can all walk about thinking I know them, guess who?!! We can have a message board outside to let everyone know we've arrived and where we are at. Ha.ha.

Maggie

Re: thought for Dimitris.
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2007, 11:00:31 PM »
You should check out the calendar and see who's gonna be there and when, write a list and see if you can guess who's who......(now there's a good game for us all)

Offline eve

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2007, 11:19:31 PM »
hey now your talking! can you see us all walking about nudging one another going is that so and so, clip board in hand marking off the names. Ha. ha. No I am no good at names only faces, and you know who would win do'nt you!! What about a forum buddy night? I bet loads would turn up just to be nosy if nothing else! I reckon we would make good reps Maggie. Ha. ha. Where do we sign up to make our fortune.

Offline Hels Bels

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2007, 03:49:41 PM »
I have to admit at first I was nervous about going up to folks and asking them if they were so and so from the website, but luckily Harold & Viv have they're piccies on their member details so they were very easy to recognise. I still left it a while before I interrupted their evening meal, but I'm really glad I did do, its great meeting up!

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2007, 03:55:51 PM »
How about personalised Arillas addict T-shirts with forum name on the back like on football shirts? Then we could be "Team Arillas F" :)
Life is good ;)

Offline Lozicle

• Arillas Addict
  • That's me :)
    • http://www.myspace.com/lozicle
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2007, 04:24:28 PM »
Don't think u can really miss me :P

Offline eve

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2007, 04:29:59 PM »
I've seen them play volleyball, do you reckon they play football that way? if so we had better not call ourselves football team! ha.ha. mind you I might be alright, footballers wife.  Like the idea though.

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2007, 12:24:00 AM »
I was a bit embarassed last year as when I went to the Brouklis the first time Dimitris guessed who I was (my hair was a big give away) and then when more visitors arrived at our accommodation they asked if it was me... think I will dye my hair a different colour before I go or it might change once I get in the pool anyway (it has gone a really dirty shade of green before).
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline Lisa and Steve

• JustLisa
  • Forum Fanatic
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2007, 01:10:25 AM »
I worked out who you were last year.

Offline Lozicle

• Arillas Addict
  • That's me :)
    • http://www.myspace.com/lozicle
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2007, 11:54:29 AM »
I was a bit embarassed last year as when I went to the Brouklis the first time Dimitris guessed who I was (my hair was a big give away)

Haha yea I got the same thing. Plus drunk and unruely forum members acosting us :P
(joking)

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2007, 12:11:07 PM »
Ha ha!!  So did Brenda....  she was expecting a tall, young, long legged slim blonde!  And I am definately not that!  Short, fat, fifty's blonde... bit of a disappointment... shall have to change my name to something else... any ideas (that arent offensive that is).  I will have the Trading Standards after me!!!
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline Hels Bels

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2007, 03:53:30 PM »
Well Viv did ask me why I was called Hels Bels, (my name is Helen) firstly my nickname is Ellie, but that had already been used, secondly, my dad always used to say hels bels when I was in trouble, and thirdly I didn't think the nickname my sister and uncle gave me was appropriate........'smelly ellie with the big fat belly' isn't exactly endearing,  even thought the description may be more accurate! ha ha.

My goodness, I'm sharing everything on this site!

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2007, 06:33:59 PM »
Lasy year when we were dining in the brouklis, Dimitris pointed out that 'Fiona' was sat on the next table so that was really nice. Other than that, i never got recognised as far as I know! Either that or people made a special effort to avoid me, which was probably more the case, haha!

Offline willis

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2007, 08:43:01 PM »
Cheryl recognised me. I didn't put two and two together about her (or anyone else). My excuse is that she is far better looking than her picture on the site!! 
Nick

Offline Lisa and Steve

• JustLisa
  • Forum Fanatic
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2007, 10:57:03 PM »
You could always call yourself waterbaby instead of blondegirl.

Booking.com