Author Topic: Bardis Studios - Poppy & Spiros  (Read 27307 times)

Offline carol h

Re: Bardis Studios - Poppy & Spiros
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2007, 07:12:20 PM »
Thanks for that smiffy, I will certainly post my opinion when we get back,I'm beginning to feel I know everyone at Bardis already!!lol.We've only been to Greece twice before and love the people ,its the only country where we've found the people to be as lovely as they are in the Gambia which we also love!!

Offline carol h

« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2007, 07:37:08 PM »
Wonder if anyone can tell me if the studios at Bardis have air con?? just thought of that after I looked at the weather today!! Also how hot can we expect it to be in July? only ever been greece in spring before and that was hot! Hotter the better as far as we're concerned (can always go in pool or sea for cool down! Thanks

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2007, 08:39:20 PM »
Hi, I questioned that some time ago and was told there was air con but at a charge of course, they might have fans too for hire.  But Smiffy might be able to correct this if its wrong.

We always go the end of June begin July or at the end of Aust begin Sept.  and its always hot, hot hot!!!

We go next Monday to the Bardis and are so excited!
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline carol h

« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2007, 08:55:39 PM »
Thanks.for that .Not long for you now, Have great time.

Offline Wendy n Stu

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2007, 11:38:48 PM »
They definitely have air con.  I am sure the cost will be reasonable.  Don't know about fans but they are so helpful I am sure that they will oblige wherever they can.  Have a wonderful time and post a report upon your return.  Enjoy! x

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2007, 10:45:46 AM »
I certainly will, thank you,  but it will probably only echo what Smiffy has already reported on which was very good.  It will be our first time there so we are looking forward to it very much.

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2007, 12:43:46 PM »
You'll know them all even better once youre there Carol!!

Yes there is air con in all the rooms, if my memory serves me correctly the price per week for the air con is either 30 or 35 euros, which isnt bad really, we didnt need it in May as the evenings werent too hot, but if the temperature is hotter in the evenings, which im pretty sure it will be, having the air con will be a godsend!

The weather in July will be wonderful, just look at it now!

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2007, 11:27:59 PM »
Well what can we say!  The Bardis Studios were brilliant... all we could need.  Although the rooms are small, we had to shuffle around the beds and take turns to get past the beds it was fine, we had the best nights sleep we have ever had in a greek pine bed and thats saying something.  Adequate cooking facilities with a small oven and two rings.  The oven had a grill and was also good for heating croissants for breakfast.

We had room no. 3 which was on the ground level and was ideal for nipping over the small wall balcony for the pool and sunbed.  Lynda had no. 19 but Poppy said she could move to no. 4 next to us for the 2nd week which was brilliant.  I did have to psyche myself up for the shower every night trying to sort out the hot/cold taps  and fighting off the shower curtain but by the 10th night I had it sussed out.

The pool is quite shallow at one end and does dip quite quickly down so for non swimmers like me it was a bit unnerving to feel the bottom disappear suddenly but it was great non the less for cooling off.  We had brilliant weather.  Apparently the first week reach 57 degrees on the beach and it was really hot so we needed the air conditioning which was 35 euros a week,5 x day but it is really worth it and we felt helped to keep the mozzies out. 

Poppy, Spiros, Bobby and George are so helpful and kind.  They are enthusiastic about making sure that everyone is happy and enjoying their holiday and go out of their way to make it happen.  Mike even managed to "steal" the tv remote control from Bobby to watch Star Trek which was quite something apparently.  All in all we would return to the Bardis if we could manage to find a week there. It has become very popular.  The location is brilliant, you can pop down to the beach for a quick swim, near the shops and restaurants and is far enough away from the more lively spots. It was soooooo quite some days around the pool, we were whispering most of the time so as not to disturb anyone, but we did have a giggle in the pool!! ;]

Oh and Smiffy, I passed on your love to them all and also tried both your drinks which were very nice. I did like the Pink Panthers though!

Offline Wendy n Stu

« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2007, 12:41:04 AM »
Hi, welcome home.  So glad that you enjoyed it.  We can't wait to go back in September.  Your e-mail from the resort was great.  We felt as if we were there with you.  No doubt you are now very chilled and still in holiday mode.  Hope you managed to put a little bit of Arillas in your suitcase for home.  Nice to have you back on the Forum and look forward to your reports.  W n S. xx

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2007, 12:15:39 PM »
Great report there for the studios Sue, glad you had a great time staying with them.

You reminded me of something as i was reading your post, the beds, they are really comfortable arent they, i forgot to say that when i returned, i too had fab nights sleeps every night and some afternoons too!!

Mike, like Brett, managed to sweet talk Bobby too then, Brett always managed to wangle the remote so he could check all his football news etc every morning, men ay!

Echoing what Wendy said, its good to have you back on the forum, you have been missed :-) xx

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2007, 01:09:20 PM »
Thanks for that!  I might not be able to log on as often, dont say AAAH!  We are hoping to move very soon and I wont have much time but I will occasionally check up on you all.

It is nice to be home but wish it was warmer!  Sue x

Offline carol h

« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2007, 06:09:38 PM »
having just returned from Bardis studios on 16th. July  can only echo whats been said, Poppy, Spiros,  Bobby and George were fantastic it was like visiting old friends(even tho it was our first time there!!)The studios had everything you could need and were spotless.We didn't spend all our time in the bar,but would call in for one and a chat with them,they were happy to recommend where to eat etc,didn't seem to expect that we stayed there every night  drinking(which can sometimes be the case in smaller places)!!  It was more expensive to drink there but thats only to be expected,whats a euro here and there,if you can sit and have a chat and loads of info to make your holiday even better. We'll certainly go back there. Carol

Offline Wendy n Stu

« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2007, 07:15:15 PM »
Glad you enjoyed it Carol.  We love 'em to bits but it's great to hear that other people enjoy staying there as much as we do.  Sounds like your holiday was brill.  I will tell Bobby what a great report you gave.  They will be really pleased and very grateful.  Book again!  W n S.  : o )

Offline carol h

« Reply #43 on: July 20, 2007, 07:18:05 PM »
No probs wendy'n' Stu we intend to a.s.a.p!!!

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #44 on: July 23, 2007, 01:09:03 AM »
They might not remember us but its only been two weeks so they might!  Give them our love too.... Mike and Sue .... Poppy does lovely fried eggs and her omelettes are brilliant, we ate there a couple of times as didnt fancy a big meal and it was great.  Also, thanks to Bobby, Mike was a happy bunny being able to watch Star Trek!

Booking.com