Author Topic: long let's in the area  (Read 20850 times)

Offline eve

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Super Member {over 100 posts}
long let's in the area
« on: April 21, 2007, 06:32:11 PM »
Hi! do any of you know of accommadation to let for 3 months or more? we are currently in the process of selling and will be looking for a place sometime around June, if all go'es to plan. It would ideally have two bedrooms or one if a lounge is available, phone connection and of course a connection for washing machine. we are hoping to move out permentely, but do not know whether we will buy or stay in rented long term. Also any removal firms recommened?Thanks.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
Re: long let's in the area
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2007, 08:58:33 PM »
Hello Eve
We might be able to help with this one in the vey near future. Let you know in a 2/3 weeks maybe.
Negg

Offline eve

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2007, 09:30:15 PM »
great!! look forward to hearing from you!

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2007, 08:53:57 PM »
Hi Eve
A couple of contacts for you.
Mondial Forwarding - www.mondialtransport.co.uk
They have a base in Essex and we used them to ship some goods over last year.
( Nothing arrived broken or damaged and took 7 days to arrive )

J.A.C Transport Ltd. - Tel 00302663098530.
A new company, recommended to us, run by an English couple.
They are taking goods over for us next week so I will keep you updated .

Both above companies charge per cubic metre plus usual customs/collection charges.
We allow £125 per cubic metre as an overall average cost.

Try www.corfuestateagents.com/rentalapartments as a starter. They have an English office manager,Sarah, so don't be afraid to give her a call for info.
( I know they have some places in Acharavi - About 20 mins from Arillas )
Also, I believe Irene, in Arillas, sometime lets her apartments for 2/3 months. I may be wrong but if not maybe Dimitris could give you her phone number.
There is and ad for these appartments on the home page but I can't access it at the moment.
Hope the above is a starter for you. Good luck!
Negg

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2007, 09:18:59 PM »
Eve
Sorry - Missed out that J.A.C have a U.K. Office. Tel 01263 712612
Negg

Offline eve

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2007, 11:28:07 PM »
thanks negg, will go into it a.s.a. had a really hard week, and tonight the phone is hot with friends, please to say they all have good news! just hope we can find the right place, i want a home not just a place. dimitris knows us , so he will help if he can, but from a distance, he is not an estate agent, he has to earn a wage now. ha.ha. please keep us updated if you have any other info. thank you for your time.we are visiting may22nd so will be available to view if anything suitable crops up.

eve.

Offline mumsy2

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2007, 12:48:54 AM »
Hi, Eve

firstly thanks for the reply to my personal message.  Like you we are waiting for a sale to go through.  Had some good news today.  but still not sure when we can complete.  check out this site  www.geocities.com/corfurealestate/houses_for_rent.html.   We have been looking for ages, but of course haven't been able to do anything until we are free.  Like you we want a home, preferably unfurnished as it is nice to have ones own things about one.  I cant wait to make fresh lemonade, marmalade and wine and relax with an ouzo or take long walks. Ahhh paradise.

Thanks to Negg too for the info on removals.   Marie.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2007, 10:17:53 AM »
You're both very welcome. I should be around Arillas from 10th May so will probably bump into you.
Negg

Offline eve

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2007, 01:16:34 PM »
thanks marie, a couple of possibilities there! congratulations on your good news. it is so frustrating this selling game, we had a silly enquiries form today, all the questions were already answered in the original form! GRRR. Home made goodies, you are deffinitely gonna be my buddy.

have a nice weekend, we have the 2 littleones tonight, no lie in for us! ha.ha.

eve.

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2007, 11:55:23 AM »
I hope it all works out for you both and you find the places you're looking for :-)

Offline eve

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2007, 11:20:25 PM »
Thanks smithy all prayers needed!
neggy tried the info you supplied having difficulty downloading. page unobtainable, will keep trying. thanks.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2007, 12:44:13 AM »
Just a thought on haulage costs to Corfu. When you calculate how many cubic metres you've got, for a quote, over estimate a bit. Especially if your boxes are all shapes and sizes. We estimated 12 cubic metres for collection today but, after packing a few things we forgot, and not bearing in mind that everything doesn't fit all neatly and squarely, we ended up with 15.7 cubes.
If they only send a 13 cube van then there's a problem. They now have to make another collection for the balance.  (Plus another bill of course)
So maybe over estimate by 15/20%. They will re-calculate your load and charge you for only the cubic meterage they take.
I'll let you know in what condition our goods get there. - Fingers crossed eh?
Regards
Negg

Offline eve

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2007, 08:35:32 PM »
Hope all goes well for you! let us know how it all went! hopefully see you May june, will be walking over from ag george, a few times, be at Marina or visiting the newly weds! Do not forget if you hear of anything to let one of us know!!!!

Hope all is well,
Best wishes, Alan and Eve.

Offline eve

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2007, 10:14:18 PM »
our contracts came in today! urgently need removal recco'any one out there used Dave,( Mcjackson?) lost his e.mail. Any one know of someone looking to let a home for 6-12 months in Arillas/ st george nrtharea? we visit next week and need to view what we can.

Offline eve

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2007, 05:32:50 PM »
Out on holiday from Tuesday, expecting to exchange in next 10 day's so will be clapsing mobile! any places to rent from July in the near area? we are really good folk could probably get refs. Would prefer 2 bed and outside space.

Booking.com