Author Topic: long let's in the area  (Read 20848 times)

Offline mumsy2

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
Re: long let's in the area
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2007, 09:57:38 PM »
Hi Eve

we too are waiting to exchange contracts. Seems as if you are having difficulty finding long term rental.  Oh, dear we are looking for the same.  We will be looking into the removal part as well.
We were with our sons wife in Oxford last week.  The packers were there for 4 days and were wonderful, they were packing for the states.  I know they will be very expensive -  7k to the states, otherwise I would have them like a shot. Hope we will meet up soon this year as 2 lots of expats being new at the same time.  Will let you know how we progress.  Marie

Offline eve

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2007, 10:29:48 PM »
p.m. you. hope all goes well keeping fingers crossed for us all.

Best wishes Eve.

Offline mumsy2

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2007, 06:19:59 PM »
hi,
 I have made a note of Mondial transport and JAC Transport.  I heard tell that there was a man with a van who made frequent trips between the UK and Corfu, and if there was anything you wanted picked up, say from a relatives house he would pick it up and bring it to you. He also had storage facilities.  As we are not anticipating bringing a huge amount of stuff, very little furniture but lots of books and the usual white goods , china and nic nacs, we wont need a large container lorry. 

Someone has quoted £3000. I think that is over the top.  For a family of four, the contents of a three storey five bedroomed house, to the States cost just over 6k.  Using that as a yardstick I wouldnt pay 3k.

Anyhow id anyone has a note of this mans name I would appreciate it.  regards M
arie

Offline eve

« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2007, 09:35:00 PM »
Come on folk! I've exchanged, moving 9th July, someone must know someone, unfortunately this area has become so popular, everywhere is let for summer!!! but We will be a longer let! must be worth something.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2007, 08:12:05 PM »
Hi Eve
Just to say you haven't been forgotten here and I'm still asking around. What's the furthest you can be from Arillas?
Please PM us again with your mobile as, true to form, I put numbers on a piece of paper which at some point vanishes down a black hole.
Neill & Wendy

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2007, 09:54:43 PM »
Mumsy2 I read somewhere on www.corfuinformation.com (Agni Travel) that there is a man with a white van that helped out.  Perhaps you could ask on that.
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2007, 10:22:25 PM »
Just had a look for you.  Its Corfutravel guide..  there is a website there for rentals.. www.corfuhomefinders.com....... the Agni animal welfare website have it as a link there.  They might be able to help.  Sue
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline eve

« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2007, 12:10:28 AM »
thanks will look later having another emotional night! signing off. please keep us in mind, just having a bad night.
best wishes to all,
Eve.X

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2007, 11:35:49 AM »
Chin up Eve,
It took us 4 years to go from a "Concrete Structure" to a house. Loads of stress for us both, especially with a 2 cottage renovation in England as well.
I kept a piece of paper in my desk at work, taken from a book of proverbs/quotes, which said
" If you want a place in the sun be prepared to put up with a little sunburn "
When I was down it was there, when I opened the drawer, to remind me what it was all about.
Best Wishes
Neill Egg

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2007, 11:36:57 AM »
White van mans name is Dave Mc Jackson  his phone number is 07793938609. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline eve

« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2007, 12:39:23 PM »
Eggy I like that, how true! Thank you it made me smile! I am in the proccess of sorting out my Christmas things so many over the years and so many memories, got a bit emotional so good timing too!! Thanks.

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2007, 12:55:31 PM »
Eggy, I know just how you feel! Every time we come back from Arillas, friends ask when the house will be ready and the answer is ....you just never know. We've been on the project for just over 2 years now so I sincerely hope it won't be another 2 years! Had it been ready Eve, you could have rented ours for the winter. I have to work for a good few more years to pay for it all so it will be a while before I can be out there all year.
Sandy x

Offline eve

« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2007, 03:00:52 PM »
Thank you Sandy it was a lovely thought! It would have been in good hands too, my other half is a good all rounder when it comes to property maintenance and I am very good at interior and exterior work. (so I have been told!) We do look at all those empty places in need of t.l.c. it is such a shame to see them standing empty and unloved! Hope you soon get your place sorted, and thanks again for the thought.

Best wishes,

Eve.

Offline Mick and Jill

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2007, 10:22:29 PM »
There is a Greek guy who travels between England Corfu on a very regular basis.  He moved our mates things over, will try and get his number for you.

Jill
Jill XXX

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2008, 06:11:31 PM »
Working for Ionian Realty sometimes I pick hear about details of properties for long term rental. This is a 3 bed, Kitchen,Bathroom and lounge with fireplace. An excellant location with an easy 10 minute walk to Arillas beach and 5 minutes to the Bakery/supermarket. Free swimming pools nearby as well.
Detached with all accomodation on one floor. Parking and balconies.
Partly furnished with cooker/fridge/washing machine/telephone point/sat dish.
Price depends on length of term.
PM me if you need details. It's not been advertised for rent yet!
Cheers
Negg

Booking.com