Author Topic: Problems Uploading Profile Pictures  (Read 8479 times)

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
Problems Uploading Profile Pictures
« on: April 10, 2007, 01:51:59 PM »
Hi Dimitris,

I've noticed for a while there seems to be a problem when trying to upload your own picture as an avatar, the following error is displayed:

"The attachments upload directory is not writable. Your attachment or avatar cannot be saved."

It works fine if you link to an image on the internet it's just stopping the upload of your own personal image, I've tried it on a few machines just to check that it wasn't a dodgy firewall issue at my end but the problem seems to persist, not sure if you are aware of this, its seems like the directory is either full or read-only.

Regards
Joe

Offline Eileen

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
Re: Problems Uploading Profile Pictures
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2007, 03:34:04 PM »
Hi Joe,  I'm glad you brought this up as I thought it was just me or my machine!

Eileenx

Offline dimitris

• Administrator
  • Forum Fanatic
  • 尚 尚 尚 尚 尚
    • www.arillas.com
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2007, 04:13:31 PM »
hi Joe and elein,
I've been doing some work on the forum during the last couple of weeks, It maight be that .
I'm trying to move the forum from the wishingwell.gr server to the arillas.com location it will be then easyer to navigate and the most importand ' you will not have to have two login memberships it will be the same for the website and the forum when I finish with this then you will be able to upload your own private prictures on special galleries and: YES! also Videos.

Just give me some more time I also have to open our Taverna for the summer season.!!!
Dimitris Kourkoulos
Brouklis Str 7
Arillas 49081
Corfu Greece
+30 26630 51418
www.arillas.com
Brouklis Taverna
The 10 things you don't know about Arillas

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2007, 04:25:57 PM »
hi Joe and elein,
I've been doing some work on the forum during the last couple of weeks, It maight be that .
I'm trying to move the forum from the wishingwell.gr server to the arillas.com location it will be then easyer to navigate and the most importand ' you will not have to have two login memberships it will be the same for the website and the forum when I finish with this then you will be able to upload your own private prictures on special galleries and: YES! also Videos.

Great stuff Dimitris! This forum just gets better'n'better.  Keep up the hard work you know we all appreciate it! :-)

Just give me some more time I also have to open our Taverna for the summer season.!!!

Wow, you don't know how good it is to hear that, it brought me out in goosebumps just thinking about my holidays in 4 weeks!

Eileenxxx

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2007, 05:09:25 PM »
Good news indeed, very impressed you manage to juggle so much, not one of my talents I have to admit, the new features sound excellent.

Hopefully I'll be out to Arillas in late May for a long weekend so see you then!

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2007, 07:09:00 PM »
It sounds great, hope it is finished by the time we get there or, I might just have to go shopping and leave you men to it. :-) Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline dimitris

• Administrator
  • Forum Fanatic
  • 尚 尚 尚 尚 尚
    • www.arillas.com
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2007, 02:00:22 PM »
It sounds great, hope it is finished by the time we get there or, I might just have to go shopping and leave you men to it. :-) Viv

Propaply that is what is going to happen, please show this to pete and ofcourse enyone alse can see how I'm trying to do the new look.!
Dimitris Kourkoulos
Brouklis Str 7
Arillas 49081
Corfu Greece
+30 26630 51418
www.arillas.com
Brouklis Taverna

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2007, 02:08:54 PM »
Looks good, will be so much better being all on the one page, i wish you luck with its completion Dimitris hope it doesnt take too much brain power!

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2007, 08:19:26 PM »
Hi Dimitris, have shown this to Pete, and fowarded your e-mail's across the office to him, Im sure he will be in touch soon. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline Marika

• Forum Fanatic
  • With love!
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2007, 07:19:18 PM »
Hmmm! Hi! I have the same problem. I only can upload a Personalized picture, but not one from me! And another problem is, I cannot see the members. If I go on Total Members or on one Member, I only get this answer: "You can`t view the memberlist, because you donīt have permission to".
Know somebody what the problem is? Maybe I make something wrong! But I can remember, last year I had no problems with that! Marika

www.marika75.webs.com

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2007, 08:49:44 PM »
Hi Dimitris, Pete sends his apoligies for not conntacting you, but he has been working away for a few day's and is very busy doing the network's for different company's at the moment, he says thank you for the e-mails and he will have a talk to you about it when we get there and will enjoy helping if you need it. Love Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline dimitris

• Administrator
  • Forum Fanatic
  • 尚 尚 尚 尚 尚
    • www.arillas.com
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2007, 09:00:32 PM »
Hmmm! Hi! I have the same problem. I only can upload a Personalized picture, but not one from me! And another problem is, I cannot see the members. If I go on Total Members or on one Member, I only get this answer: "You can`t view the memberlist, because you donīt have permission to".
Know somebody what the problem is? Maybe I make something wrong! But I can remember, last year I had no problems with that! Marika

Hello Marika,
Ther is nothing wrong with you ( because I know you are a computer master).
I will explain all the new rules of the forum with the new version soon,

Filakia,

Dimitris & Litsa
Dimitris Kourkoulos
Brouklis Str 7
Arillas 49081
Corfu Greece
+30 26630 51418
www.arillas.com
Brouklis Taverna

Offline Marika

• Forum Fanatic
  • With love!
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2007, 09:42:27 PM »
Thanks Dimitris :-) I am looking forward for the new version!
Da bin ich ja beruhigt *lach*
Sehen uns bestimmt bald und auch ganz liebe Grüße an Litsa!

www.marika75.webs.com

Offline dimitris

• Administrator
  • Forum Fanatic
  • 尚 尚 尚 尚 尚
    • www.arillas.com
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2007, 10:07:46 PM »
Hi Dimitris, Pete sends his apoligies for not conntacting you, but he has been working away for a few day's and is very busy doing the network's for different company's at the moment, he says thank you for the e-mails and he will have a talk to you about it when we get there and will enjoy helping if you need it. Love Viv

Hello Viv ,
It seems that I have solved the problems that I was asking pete to look at, I;m sure though that there will be more when i will do the domain transfer. Weshould keep in touch,'
 thanks anyway

Dimitris

Dimitris Kourkoulos
Brouklis Str 7
Arillas 49081
Corfu Greece
+30 26630 51418
www.arillas.com
Brouklis Taverna

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2007, 10:12:19 AM »
Glad you have got that one sorted. Pete is really looking forward to talking to you about the forum and seeing it as you want it. You boy's and your toy's.
I know I should write or ring more often then I do, but it dosent mean Im not thinking of you both and I will keep in touch a bit more then I do now, once we get back home, but at the moment ive got loads of stuff to do, like shoping for our holiday ;-). See you both in 17 days time. Love Viv & Pete.

Stay Nude it ante rude

Booking.com