Author Topic: Nudie Beach Ettiquette  (Read 62856 times)

Offline Lozicle

• Arillas Addict
  • That's me :)
    • http://www.myspace.com/lozicle
Nudie Beach Ettiquette
« on: January 30, 2007, 03:04:02 PM »
Been pondering this one as the 1st time we'd ever been on a nudie beach was in arillas last year.
Are there any kindo of unspoken rules of things that are and aren't acceptable, or things that are frowned upon. Other than the obvious ! :lol:

Offline Crawsue

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
Re: Nudie Beach Ettiquette
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2007, 04:46:48 PM »
We think that the most frowned upon activities are probably "leering" "secret camera work!" and setting up your towel(s) to near to other people. But at Arillas there is usually loads of room and a more "mature" crowd. How far along the beach towards the main beach has nudity been accepted? As the nudist area is fairly transient, what is the legal attitude of the village? Couple of years ago we watched two ladies going for a nude swim right in the middle of the main beach,an old guy ,who might have had something to do with the beach beds,shouted at them but they ignored him,he jumped on his push 'bike and shot off,but he hadn't returned by the time the ladies came out of the water and dried themselves.This was around 10am,the beach had not got too busy.Back again in September,hope the nude beach is a bit more accessible.

Offline Lozicle

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2007, 11:52:20 AM »
That's good to know. It's pretty much what we'd assumed as common sense then.
I'm so wary of offending people. Last year in September there were quite a few people, what I would consider too far up the beach, because there wasn't much access to the actual nude beach. I'd also quite like to know what the villagers actually feel is acceptable. I have to say, on that occassion it was 90% Germans that I thought were crossing the line.

Offline harold

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2007, 01:47:56 PM »
i would say that the nude section starts after you pass the point,thats the one that is just under water this year once past that you have the under cliff(where there has been a big land slide in the past and vegitation has grown up)This is what i call the start of the nude beach right to the end of the long straight stretch.Two years ago we could not get around the point so had to use a little cove just off the main beach about 100 yards up from the steps,but i felt i had to keep my trunks on,though a couple did strip off just by us.
A quote from Dimitris i read a while ago,you can go nude on the beach,but not infront of my restaruant,my gran will hit you with her umberella
Harold,
Theres only one Altrincham FC

Offline Lozicle

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2007, 02:50:41 PM »
I have to agreed with you there Harold, that's where I felt the line was drawn. Some people, especially the germans it seems, are less bothered about who they offend.

I found it much more friendlier at the nude end of the beach. People actually stop and talk to you. I think a few more people spoke to us because we were younger, and pierced and tattooed. lol

Offline harold

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2007, 06:41:24 PM »
dont forget that in Germany they are a lot more relaxed about nudity than us British.the first year we went we met a yorkshire family and they asked us where abouts on the beach we went,so we told them and warned them it was a nudist beach the next day they walked down with their 2 small boys and the mother then went mental(I did not go naked at that time we just liked that stretch of beach)this women march off the beach saying she was going to get it stopped,she saw the local Mayor who told her that that end of the beach was naked and no problem.It took me 2 years of going on this beach before i did strip off,but everyone was friendly and would stop and chat to me even when they were naked and i was not.Those first 2 years a releajous sect used Arillas alot and they all met early May and the beach would be quiet full,all seemed quiet nice people
Harold,
Theres only one Altrincham FC

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2007, 09:46:27 PM »
Its funny but up until a few years ago, I thought that 'nudists' were a weird bunch and wouldnt have it that there wasn't anything dodgy going on on in their seemingly 'at one with nature' minds....HOWEVER...a few years back I was up really early and went for a wander in child-free bliss time(ie: before any of them had risen with their dad!).  Anyway, the sun was blazing, the sea was glistening and I thought, 'sod it' long time dead....stripped off and dashed into that inviting sea! To say that it was a fabulous feeling, is an unserstatement!  The combination of the cool sea, along with my warm skin was divine and it was just lovely.  Even stretching out on the sand afterwards without the constraints of a bikini was lovely (dare I say..liberating!!..)

The likelyhood of me walking round doing my supermarket shopping in the nuddy,as the French do , is a definite no-no but if anyone fancies a bit of a change I would highly recommend the experience!  As I always say, dont knock it until you try it!  One year there was a massage tent there which, in an ideal worlld sounded like luxury but im afraid my nerve wouldnt have spread to that!! Did anyone else have one??

Offline Lozicle

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2007, 12:10:24 PM »
A massage tent ? A religious sect ?! Wow I missed all the interesting times :lol: lol

I have to say I never thought i'd be brave enough to do it either. I went down to that end of the beach with my other half and he gradually coaxed me into it. Took me a few hours though lol. Once you come to the realisation that people aren't staring at you and don't give a hoot about body image, it is wonderful. I didn't ever think it would make that much difference, bikini's aren't exactly huge items of clothing afterall !
Maybe us brit's do need to relax a little about things like this. We weren't born covered head to toe afterall !

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2007, 02:26:55 PM »
They had a massage tent in Agios Gordis a couple of years ago... didnt see any nude massages tho!
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2007, 02:34:10 PM »
Ooer!!  What a thought!!

Dont know if id be brave enough to venture onto the nudie beach, bit too shy in that respect!

Offline Cheryl2307

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2007, 03:06:40 PM »
Me too, Smiffy!  People who do it are very brave I think.  Would love to do what Jo did but wouldn't dare!  Sand in between your toes is uncomfortable so heaven knows what it would feel like elsewhere!
Cheryl O

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2007, 05:46:55 PM »
It chafes, so ive heard :-D !!

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2007, 07:04:27 PM »
personly I cant see the point of going in the sea then coming out and being uncomfortable and cold in wet cloths of trying to hide behind a towel to change, which always makes every body around you giggle anyway, why not just get dry all over in the sun. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline Lozicle

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2007, 11:19:55 AM »
personly I cant see the point of going in the sea then coming out and being uncomfortable and cold in wet cloths of trying to hide behind a towel to change, which always makes every body around you giggle anyway, why not just get dry all over in the sun. Viv

Agreed ! :)
And sand getting places - I never found a problem lol.

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2007, 11:35:28 AM »
Apart from me being a bit shy I wouldnt like to shock anyone else with me sitting butt naked on the beach.  Now I might think I look like Brigit Bardot coming out of the water but others would see something entirely different and its not a pretty sight!  I should imagine though it must feel a bit liberating.  Look at kids, they run and go mad when they are starkers as if they have been set free, they have no inhibitions. 

At least in Arillas if you go on the nudist beach it is what you go there to do and it is not a 'public highway', with no where else to go.  We were on a beach in Crete, Elafonisi which is beautiful, the main beach is 'clothed' but you can walk to a small connected island, preservation site, as it is a bit further to walk the nudists go there and supposedly wont get disturbed, the problem is they dont get any peace because so many people are either wading through the water which isnt deep (its a lagoon) or do the longer walk on the beach and of course most of the people are in 'swimmers' so some might be offended if they dont know that.  You just ignore it, thats their quiet place and respect it.  Did you know there is a website where you can find out the best nudists beaches where you wont get hassled?  Dont even ask how I know that!!
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Booking.com