Author Topic: Nudie Beach Ettiquette  (Read 62852 times)

Offline SteveL

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Super Member {over 100 posts}
Re: Nudie Beach Ettiquette
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2007, 10:23:23 PM »
The last three times that we were in Arillas, September 04, June 05 and July 06, I don't remember wading through any seaweed.  In fact last year, we walked into the sea from the nude beach straight into crystal clear water.
Suppose it depends on tides and the weather.

Steve & Val

Offline Aly

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2007, 06:27:04 PM »
Go for it I say ... just put the cameras away though. Those peeps that get offended or are prudes stay on the beach with the sunbeds (and speedos) and dont come down for a stroll and a nosey - you do look very obvious when you do (as we can see your white marks hehehe). It is a really great atmostphere I have to say up there, peaceful and nice conversations - if you want it. 

Offline Lozicle

• Arillas Addict
  • That's me :)
    • http://www.myspace.com/lozicle
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2007, 05:19:48 PM »
hey! we all have to start with the white bits lol :lol:

Offline victoria

« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2007, 03:09:35 PM »
Being a big girl- size 18 to 20 i was quite shy the first week of taking my clothes off,however that sharp passed!
swimming in the water naked was fantastic...would definitely do it again!

Offline Crawsue

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2007, 05:45:55 PM »
Where is Porto Timini,then? Is it accessible,sandy,worth going to?

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2007, 08:40:27 PM »
Hi Crawsue, if you look on the tread above,you will see a couple of website's to tell you all about it. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline jester

« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2007, 11:30:39 PM »
The nudie beach is a peaceful haven just like arillas itself, my hubby goes nude but alas a little on the large side i do not, just topless. No-one there gives a hoot what you look like (only my own insecurites give a hoot what i look like!!!) Do what ever feels right for you. Everyone we have met have been friendly & polite in what some may say could be an awkward situation, we are still in touch with folks we met last year & hope to meet up this year. Families, singles & couples all use the beach with no concerns just having a great time. I just hope its still there when we go back in july as most folk daub themselves in the green sludge (very refreshing actually (mud bath)) but that may have helped the erosion of the rock face & the collapse!! Happy holidays.

Offline SteveL

« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2007, 10:42:17 AM »
The nude beach is just one of the reasons why people return to Arillas time and time again.  It's not everyone's cup of tea, but once you've tried it you realise that it's not at all like the stereotypical image a lot of people have about nudists and nude beaches.  It's very laid back and friendly, and (if you want to) you can meet with and chat to some very nice people.
The green mud is an added "bonus",  and is always good for a laugh when you see the creative ways in which it can be applied.
True, you do get sightseers (quite often lone men) but it's obvious who they are and I always find that firm eye contact is the best way to deal with them if they are staring at you.
As for etiquette, just walk along the beach to the nude section (past where the rocks jut out into the sea) find your spot, take your clothes off (or leave them on if you prefer, it's not compulsory to be nude) and enjoy sunbathing, swimming and walking along the beach (nude section only) as nature intended.  Don't do anything to annoy other people and don't offend the locals.
Common sense really.

We're giving Arillas a miss this year (shame) but will return next year.  We're going to Croatia so hopefully will see how their nude beaches compare.

Enjoy Arillas and its beach.

Steve

Offline Crawsue

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2007, 10:17:05 PM »
Having read all about Porto Timini it seems a logical place to go if our beach is inaccessible.Are there any "boatmen" at the main beach who would do a ferry service or hire a small motor boat on a daily basis? It is a bit of a clamber to be doing every day if "our" beach is swamped! We are returning in September,but before that we are going to Santa Tomas in Minorca ,where we found an excellent "nudie beach" within easy walking distance from the main part of the resort,it is also quite long and very sandy and clean,so long beach walks are in order.Hope you enjoy your hols in Arillis this year--but don't tell to many people how good it is,wink,wink!

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2007, 02:16:13 PM »
Hi Crawsue, went there last October, really lovely beach. Enjoy. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline LivingstonFamily

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
  • ThePicOfDaniella
« Reply #40 on: May 03, 2007, 07:36:36 PM »
Bit too young for the liking of a nudist beach...
Julie- The Sun Soaker
Kev- The Jock
Daniella- The Terrapin Terror

Offline smoosh

• Soon have a nice hols pic rather than work badge 1
« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2007, 12:21:33 PM »
Ha ha - hey, we're young and we're looking forward to going on there!!!

This could be one for Lozicle who's mentioned this before, but me and the other half are both tattooed - nice to hear that you didn't get much attitude!  In Cyprus people were quite disapproving!  No more than here though although we did get some stares! 

Do you find that people take a lot of notice of you because of your tatts?  All mine are in places I can cover up with clothes (back, calf and a pretty big one on my thigh) but obviously they'll be much more on show here!!!  :D

Offline Lozicle

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2007, 05:34:42 PM »
We had no problems what so ever. I'm not tattoed but my fiance is. A few people may have looked a bit more curiously to see what the tattoos were but nothing negative. We're both quite pierced as well but nobody seemed to care. Very accepting atmosphere :)

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #43 on: August 15, 2007, 12:16:24 PM »
When our holiday to Arillas was booked last February, I didn't know that a nudist beach existed there, but when I did find out I was quite pleased because we have been going on to nudist beaches for the last 10 years. My excitement was extinguished three days before the holiday in July, when I found out that I had skin cancer on my face.

The cancer isn't the serious type that can spread, but it does give you a bit of a shock when you find out you have got it, and it has made me not want to sun bathe anymore.

Everyday, on holiday we would walk as far as the jutting out rocks before the nudist beach, and I would feel quite p***** off that I wasn't  going on there to stay for a while. The feeling of swimming naked and then drying off naturally is one of the best feelings ever.

Later on I will write more about my experiences on nudist beached because, in my opinion,  the etiquette is really important. The biggest danger is the secret photographer and I think I can now detect them quite quickly.

Last year, in Kefalonia, a single bloke came down to the naturist beach, most days  and would always park himself next to couples with children. . The beach was  quite large and there was  lots of room to get a nice private place, but this bloke always went close to others. He also seemed to spend a lot of time texting on his mobile.

One day he got up to leave the beach and had to walk past us and I noticed that he had his mobile phone in his hand and when he walked past I heard the shutter go. I realised that he was doing this everyday.

I was very angry, but I could not confront him because I didn't know what nationality he was and I couldn't tell the local police because we were breaking Greek law as well.

The moral here is to remember that nudity is illegal in Greece and be very careful who is near to you on the beach.

About four years ago in Kefalonia, at Skala where we stayed, the police actually raided the beach and some people were arrested.

If you go to this web page and find Skala you can read about it, and you may find the rest of the website interesting

http://www.barefoot.info/ionian/cephalon.html

Offline Lozicle

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #44 on: August 15, 2007, 01:09:40 PM »
That is really creepy.
I have to say I never even considered that people would do that ! ! I just don't get why.

As for being too exposed for sunbathing - I'm perpetually under 2 sun umberellas anyway because I'm so fair skinned.

Booking.com