Author Topic: Mon Amour - Kavadaddes  (Read 47225 times)

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Mon Amour - Kavadaddes
« Reply #60 on: October 23, 2009, 09:34:13 AM »
No worries John.

I'm in no way offended by the post just "concerned" / "worried" that it wasn't what you expected for the reasons you stated.
( Not really sure of the word to use. )

I remember one Winter evening though, when the only person left in charge was Spiros Father , often seen tending the gardens at Mon Amour appts in Arillas,
(And driving the Van)
Our choice that night was belly pork rashers or belly pork rashers. We had belly pork rashers. He roped in another local to act as waiter vanished to the kitchen and prepared the meal.With chips and two retsinas it was enjoyed and cost about 11 euros all in. plus a drink for him and "waiter"
We found out afterwards that they were actually closed for food that night as the family were still celebrating a wedding somewhere. - Whoops!
Cheers
Negg

Maggie

« Reply #61 on: October 23, 2009, 12:33:54 PM »
A few years ago, we went into mon amour to ask if we had to book a table before we came in for a meal. We were put off, as the man there was not at all helpful, and really didn't seem interested in whether we ate there or not. We never went back. Until, this week, 13 of us (neighbours) went there on wednesday. It was lovely. We were made very welcome. We were offered salad or tzatziki and pitta for starters. The choice of mains was steak, chicken, lamb or pork. The meat is served with chips only. This is normal in a grill room. Everyone enjoyed it. I had chicken ,and my only complaint was that there was too much of it. When we were done, Spiro brought us pieces of fresh apple dusted with cinnamon.
We will go back there, as we've seen how nice they all are, and how good the food is, but I do agree with John, first impressions count, and our first impression was not good, and it took us a long time to return.

Offline gaye

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
« Reply #62 on: October 25, 2009, 10:12:17 PM »
Mon Amour is one of our favourite places to eat when in Arillas. The pick up service by Spiros' dad is a real plus and the food there is great! Service is always good even when the restaurant is busy and although the menu is limited, it being a Grill Room, food is always simple but extremely flavoursome. We always make a point of visiting twice. Perhaps John and Dot caught them on a bad night.
gaygo

riggers

« Reply #63 on: October 25, 2009, 10:22:11 PM »
I have a mon amour Tshirt.....cheers Neill...oh and a Rainbow one. I must start collecting these.

Offline elsmum

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #64 on: October 26, 2009, 09:57:33 AM »
We absolutely love Mon Amour, the food is excellent. When we go in the Winter we ask what is available and choose from this. Everything is very fresh and we have never had a bad meal there. I would agree that the choice can be fairly basic but we are creatures of habit and always order Tirokafteri and Tzatziki with bread and Greek salad to start (their Greek salad is the best on the island!). After all that gorgeous food I find the fruit a lovely light dessert.  It is a family run restaurant with Spiro and his sons assisted by his elderly father, they are all lovely but maybe not as chatty as some other places!
We were ther with Maggie and Gordon and other neighbours on Wednesday night and a good time was had by all!!
We came home on Saturday and I would love to be going to Mon Amour or Brouklis for dinner tonight!!

Maggie

« Reply #65 on: October 27, 2009, 02:50:37 PM »
I know who you are elsmum! I hope you all had a nice trip home. Sorry we didn't see you again. You'll be sorry to hear that the weather has greatly improved this week!!!!

Offline jebbo

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
« Reply #66 on: October 27, 2009, 04:16:47 PM »
Was at Mon Amour last evening and as usual great food coupled with friendly service.

We always make the effort to go there every time we are here.

Tirokefteri, Tzatziki & Salad? That sounds familiar. Same routine for us. Last night followed by the spit roast Chicken. Fantastic!

Thinking about the Night Owl tonight. The Feta and Walnut starter is worth the trip alone...

Jebbo (& Daughter)

Offline elsmum

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #67 on: October 28, 2009, 09:57:05 AM »
Hi Maggie - yes it's me!!  Flight home was good although a slight delay. Many people not so lucky as flights were diverted due to the weather!! Glad the weather has improved for you all this week (Grrrr!!!) Not too bad here either (but I'd rather be there). See you all soon K, S & Els x

Offline Sinbad

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #68 on: June 17, 2014, 10:31:35 AM »
http://www.monamourkokkinos.com

Yet another highlight of our wonderful holiday in Arillas. I have only been to Mon Amour once before and always wanted to return.

We used the free transfer (just use the phone number on the contact us page of the website). Taki (spiro's  dad) drives you there and back and is an absolute delight. We were not offered menus perhaps because it was a week night and quiet, but we were offered a selection of starters and spit roasted mains. We had the best Greek salad since we arrived (and many have been gorgeous), tyrokafteri which is the spicy cheese dip followed by spit roast lamb and pork roll. Absolutely stunning - hubby said the lamb was the best he's ever tasted (apart of course from MY slow roast lamb at home) and we know a thing or two about lamb as we come from Wales!

My pork was 2 slices through a pork roll stuffed with herbs. Incredibly moist and tender with the taste of the herbs throughout.

The then gave us a complimentary plate of fruit and ouzo to finish.

Really recommend this traditional Greek experience!

Offline BlueHeather

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
  • Dizzy Blonde Cat Woman
« Reply #69 on: June 17, 2014, 12:14:58 PM »
Could someone tell me whereabouts Mon Amour is please./ will def give it a try when we out in a few weeks time.......
Women are like angels....   And when someone breaks our wings,
we simply continue to fly......usually on a broomstick.
We're flexible like that   ;-)

Offline Sinbad

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #70 on: June 17, 2014, 12:18:04 PM »
It is up the hill above Arillas in Kavadades. If you give them a ring then they will pick you up in Arillas and then bring you back free of charge. Really traditional Greek restaurant and lovely warm welcome.  Bon
appetito!!!

Offline BlueHeather

• Dizzy Blonde Cat Woman
« Reply #71 on: June 17, 2014, 02:00:10 PM »
thanks Sinbad. i looked on Google earth and it looked like it was somewhere up the back road past Bardis Inn.  will be sure to give it a try!

Offline JustL@@KiN

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
    • Arillas Tourist Map UK
Author Of Arillas Tourist Map UK - http://arillasmap.awardspace.co.uk/

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #73 on: June 18, 2014, 01:44:28 PM »
Its funny we went to Mon Amour many years ago and were a little perplexed also as to why it was raved about so much.  Last year we went with some friends who know the family really well and I have to say it was divine.  Very simple but thats what I absolutely love for my authentic Greek experience.  Definitely worth a visit if you like you meat.  Their lamb chops were a close second to Brouklis and that is a HUGE compliment!!

Offline BlueHeather

• Dizzy Blonde Cat Woman
« Reply #74 on: June 18, 2014, 02:09:34 PM »
Yes we both meat eaters so will no doubt like it!

Booking.com