Author Topic: Mon Amour - Kavadaddes  (Read 47095 times)

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
Re: Mon Amour - Kavadaddes
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2007, 06:27:59 PM »
Work is so quiet at the moment I feel like I'm in bed most of the time.

Saganaki reminds me of deep fried cheese in a very tasty coating but I'm sure I'm not doing it justice with that description, its well nice though...

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2007, 08:09:04 PM »
Sounds  W O N D E R F U L!It made me feel full reading about it.  You did make me smile about the cigarette lighter with the torch... might come in handy walking on those dark nights eh?
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline Fiona

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Arillas Addict
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2007, 09:17:48 PM »
A fantastic review Joe - thank you so much.  I have wanted to try the restaurant during our last few visits, but somehow have never found (or made) the time.  2007 is definitely the year!!

Fiona

Offline Wendy n Stu

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2007, 12:06:06 AM »
We love Mon Amour and always go a couple of times during the holiday as a minimum.  We normally go with the Lamb, can't resist, although we have had the Chicken and Stuffed Pork Roll and both were equally as yummy.  The meat is normally served with chips but if you ask for jacket spuds they will oblige and if you are very lucky you can get Roast Potatoes.  Although we always ask for Salad, whenever we have asked for Veg they have always obliged, doing courgettes on the grill (whole).  Gorgeous!  The Lamb Chops are good too but this year, we went in the same party as Willowlark and she ordered the fish (catch of the day).  It was fantastic and well worth a try.  We ask for mixed starters and they bring us a lovely choice that includes a great Village Sausage!  The Tzatsiki is great, and the wine, the best we have ever tasted.  An easy way to book the mini bus is via Poppy at the Bardis Sun.  She arranges a trip up as many times as asked for each week, they pick up at the Bardis at 7pm and bring you back whenever you are ready, drunk or otherwise!  Fresh fruit is always served at the end of the meal and the family that run Mon Amour cannot do enough for you.  A definite must along with Brouklis and Thalassa.  19 weeks on Monday and counting - can't wait and will be there sooner if lottery numbers come up!

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2007, 11:14:28 AM »
This place sounds fantastic and it will be definately on our list of places to visit.  We are staying at the Bardis this year so wll make arrangements with Poppy. Seriously getting excited now and we dont go until June/July!!

Offline Lisa and Steve

• JustLisa
  • Forum Fanatic
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2007, 11:42:55 AM »
As we are there at the same time, how do you fancy making up a party with your friends? We have never been before either.

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2007, 12:25:16 PM »
Great idea!  Would love to do that with you and Steve.

Offline tracey&peter

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2007, 01:40:49 PM »
Wendy,  I think you we are at the Bardis same time as yourselves, also Smiffy and her fiance are there too, perhaps the six of us should have an evening at Mon amour and taste various jugs of wine!! what do you think.

Tracey

Tracey & Peter Smith
Solihull
West Midlands

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2007, 04:01:30 PM »
Hi Steve and Lisa,  I sort of presumed it was us you were talking about, as we arrive the week after you...if not no worries!  Sue x

Offline Wendy n Stu

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2007, 05:33:10 PM »
Dear Tracey & Peter, it would be great to go together.  There are a few regulars staying at the same time and so we can have a real good party.  It's 19 weeks on Monday and I can't wait.  We look forward to meeting you and we know beforehand that we will all have a wonderful holiday.  Keep in touch.  Wendy. x  PS Both Stuart & I are starting our diets, again, on Monday, in the hope that I will fit in the mini bus.  We failed on 1st Jan but really do need to do something before we start stuffing all that lovely food in Arillas.  The seat belt only just went around this time! 

Offline Lisa and Steve

• JustLisa
  • Forum Fanatic
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2007, 07:27:52 PM »
Hi Sue.

Yes it was you I was talking to. Really should start to diet bit weather too cold at the moment.

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2007, 04:21:54 PM »
Hi Lisa

I know the feeling, I lost about 1/2 stone and now put it back on... too cold to eat salads everyday - I prefer comfort food, nice and warming and getting bored with free soup! 

I want to lose some weight so I can eat on holiday and not have to worry whether all my clothes will fit or not.  Does anyone else have the same problem that your clothes fit at home but on holiday they dont!  Very frustrating!

Sue x

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2007, 07:54:03 PM »
To tempt you even more:

Mon Amour Steak

Offline kriopigi girl

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2007, 08:10:04 PM »
Joe that is so cruel!!!!!!!!!!!!

The photos are fab. Looked as though you had a really good time.

We can start the countdown to Arillas now that Christmas is over.Yes the diet shas started!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can you walk to Mon Amour from Arillas?

Pauline x

Offline kriopigi girl

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2007, 08:19:05 PM »
Sue I think I put on about half a stone just flying to holiday destination.

I have been really good this week but as usual hit the weekend and blow it all.

Cest la vie  Pauline x

Booking.com