Author Topic: Return visit this year!(at the kokinos apts)  (Read 9242 times)

Offline Lozicle

• Arillas Addict
  • That's me :)
    • http://www.myspace.com/lozicle
Return visit this year!(at the kokinos apts)
« on: July 26, 2006, 01:53:19 PM »
I'm desperate to go this year and have found a good deal staying at the kokinos apts at the very end of september/start of october.
Is this owned by Maria who owns the mini market ? What the accomodation like and what's the weather/sea temp. like at that time?

Any help is appreciated!

Offline Mick and Jill

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
Re: Return visit this year!
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2006, 02:30:54 PM »
Hi Loz

We always go at the end of September beginning of October and the weather is normaly fine.  We always encounter 1 thunder/lightening storm but they are fantastic to watch and don't last very long.  Hey we might meet up, at least I will recognise you with your green hair.

Jill
Jill XXX

Offline dick

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2006, 03:31:02 PM »
hi mick and jill we are out sept/oct so are the lads, you are bound to see them in the coconut alex and dick
dick and Alex

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2006, 04:34:37 PM »
We would like to go about the same time too and wondered what it would be like.  Will see you again no doubt on your scooter plus your green hair!
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline Lozicle

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2006, 10:58:49 AM »
Now I might just confuse u all and change my hair colour :lol:

Offline Mick and Jill

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2006, 02:46:06 PM »
Loz don't do that it doesn't take much to confuse me these days.

Alex will keep an eye out for the lads, it will be great to see them again as we missed you all in May.  Hope they are keeping ok tell them I was asking after them

Jill
Jill XXX

Offline Lozicle

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2006, 04:40:24 PM »
I can't wait for it to come round :D I've never been on holiday twice in one year before :D

oh and I have changed my hair colour slightly -- it's turquoise now hehe :D :D

Offline Mick and Jill

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2006, 01:53:55 PM »
Hi Loz

Might join the craze I've always fancied bright pink hair.  Not sure how Mick would feel about that but would be better than my grey roots.

Jill
Jill XXX

Offline Lozicle

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2006, 01:59:58 PM »
Woohoo ! GO for it :D :D :D
It's not permanent and can always be changed back. It's something that everyone should do at least once :)

Offline Cheryl2307

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Return visit this year!(at the kokinos apts)
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2006, 02:23:55 PM »
Don't know what the weather will be like for you but we stayed at Kokkinos in July and we thought it was lovely.  Maria's English is not too good but she's always about the place doing something, we got clean towels and sheets every two days!  The apartment was typically greek, very basic but clean.  Showers no more than a trickle but there are three showers outside you can use.  Don't know what the pressure is like cos we only noticed them the day before we came home - had walked past them about 100 times!  Duh!

The lady in the supermarket is lovely too.  I think they are related as Maria lives above the supermarket.  The bakery deliver fresh goodies every day at about 8.00 so you go for warm bread and be back in your room in a minute!

Don't eat at the Pension Margarhita (sorry about my spelling - is really bad!) We ate there on our first night because we were tired and didn't want to trek too far for food.  It was always quiet when we walked past, the food was lousy and he charged a fortune.  Other people might have had a different experience but I would give it a miss!

The cockerels will also make sure you don't sleep in!  You get used to them so they won't disturb you too much.

In the gardens, there are lemon trees, plum trees, nectarines and a few little lizards!

Would definitely go back there again!

Have a great time!
Cheryl O

Offline Lozicle

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2006, 03:51:31 PM »
Thanks for all the information Cheryl :)
The Kokinos sounds lovely and we'd def consider booking there. For this septmeber we opted for the Bardis Sun in the end because it was better value :)
Just hope the weather holds :D

Offline Gillian and Peter Rhodes

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2006, 01:10:03 AM »
Just managed to get into the Kokinos for a week 25th September then we are really pushing the boat out and doing something totally out of character and moving to an apartment in St Stef for a week.Not booked so Very excited. We return to the Bakery for another 2 weeks. My husband during our 29 years of marriage has ALWAYS insisted he knows where he is staying well this year I have rebelled and have done something daring, for us anyway. Hope we don't end up divorced. We are there to celebrate his 63rd birthday on 9th Oct which also happens to be our 29th wedding anniversary.Our third time in Arillas Lets hope it not my last!!!!! Any one for a drink?
Gillian and Peter Rhodes

Offline suzanne simcox

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2006, 02:10:15 PM »
Hi Gillian & Peter, My hubby Roger & myself will be in Arillas from 18th Sept for 21days, we were married in July for 35yrs, so we are up for a drink with you to celebrate, thats if you want. :) (it may have to be before the 9th as we go back that day) :(

Offline jericlin2

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
  • Jericlin
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2006, 12:32:30 AM »
Hi
You young wipersnappers, have a look at my profile and guess how low long we have been married ! Holiday insurance is horrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrendous, I carry a blowtorch in my luggage in case I pop my clogs and then I can be burnt, like getting married and living like a god ---------------- burnt offerings three times a day. Sorry no only my clogs will burn. the rest ill just explode !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Where is Arillas, seem to have heared that name before ! must be senile dementure setting in, I know , something about a Kurfew, got to be in bed by 10 plus a few ! Hell time to wake SWMBO
VCheers
Jericlin

Offline Mick and Jill

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2006, 12:43:33 AM »
We alwayas go at the end of September and have normally had great weather.  Had the odd thunder storm but in the 8 years weve been going have only experienced extreme weather once.  We arrived at lunch time and decided to go for a walk before unpacking, got as far as the Coconut Bar and the biggest hailstones I have ever seen started to lash down.  Only lasted about 15 minutes then out came the sun again.

Weve been married 26 years thought that was good but you lot must be truely loved up
Jill XXX

Booking.com