Author Topic: Coronavirus Latest Updates: Greece is opening for tourism by 14th May 2021  (Read 26840 times)

Offline harold

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
Just a further thing to add to kevin- beverlys post the NHS app is NOT the Track and Trace, but it is the called NHS App,it shows your vaccine status ,and you can book appointments  check you GP health records Etc.
Harold,
Theres only one Altrincham FC

Offline turkeyfoot

• Forum Fanatic
Hi

Another point you have to remember is one I have mentioned on another post

Entry rules in response to coronavirus (COVID-19)
See https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/greece/entry-requirements. Click on Entry Requirements

You should also be aware that if other passengers on your flight, bus, train or ferry later test positive, you may be subject to further quarantine/self isolation requirements. These will be mandatory and you should comply with the Greek authorities’ requirements.

If you look at the Summary section it states Still current at  4 June 2021

The Greek  authorities can do spot checks  and  know where you are stopping via the PLF form

Keep safe

Geoff
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than  to speak up and remove all doubt.

Offline billyd

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
The UK gov has not moved any countries from Amber to Green. So what happens now, will all flights be cancelled for the rest of June, to Greece.
Portugal has been moved to Amber with the chaos of people trying get back, before the deadline.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
Billy D - You are a young lad and will be a major part of the Future.
Us old farts have no answer and leave it to new blood to make a difference.
Negg

Offline billyd

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
Negg, that made me laugh! I retired last month and 5 years later than I should have done.
Perhaps we will meet in Arillas one day, I am only young in posts 😂

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
Did I get the wrong name???? - I am a silly Billy!!!!
Negg

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
I thought it was young Billy for a moment as well.

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
Viv - All we need is a BILLY MD and then twill be confused dot Com.
and then .... all we need is 2 Kevins!!! - Enough to make me live in Iceland.!
Negg

Offline kevin-beverly

• ARILLIAC

Hi

Can someone help please i have looked at stansted airport for testing covid but i am lost there is a few companies doing the test and the price's are all diferent

If Greece stay in Amber in the first two weeks of August what do i need to before leaving home
Bev phoned our DR Surgery very helpful NOT

https://www.stanstedairport.com/coronavirus/departure-testing/

https://www.medicspot.co.uk/covid-test/london-stansted-airport

I can't help it i blame my age

kev

Offline angiem

• Forum Fanatic
I believe as it stands at the moment (could all change before August), you don't need a test before you go to Corfu, if you've had both your jabs more than 14 days prior to departure.
You also need to fill out a PLF before you go, stating where you're staying in Greece.

Offline turkeyfoot

• Forum Fanatic
HI Kev

This week the EU are due to confirm their Vaccine Passport that will allow all EU citizens to travel free of any tests and quarantine throughout the EU.
The UK, with some other countries, are expected to be added to that list .
but
Individual EU countries are free to make their own rules. Greece and Spain have agreed  to let in UK citizens with proof of 2 vaccinations 14 days before arrival.

So if you have not done so,  you will need to  download the NHS England App ( not test and trace) where you will see a QR code showing proof of vaccination.

Dont forget the PLF

Hope that helps

Keep safe

Geoff
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than  to speak up and remove all doubt.

Offline kevin-beverly

• ARILLIAC

Hi

Thanks for the information

Last year we just had to fill in a PLF

Anyway thanks it is all so confusing

Kev

Offline ger

• Forum Fanatic
Hi Geoff, I have just managed to download the nhs app (had to send a photo of my passport as proof of ID) but can’t seem to find anything that says have had my vaccinations
What have I done wrong??
Ger x

Offline harold

• Forum Fanatic
found this the chart might help.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/explainers-52544307
Harold,
Theres only one Altrincham FC

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
Hi Geoff, I have just managed to download the nhs app (had to send a photo of my passport as proof of ID) but can’t seem to find anything that says have had my vaccinations
What have I done wrong??
Ger x

It takes few days for the NHS app to catch up with your records. My vaccinations took 5 days the first and 2 days for the second one to show. ;)

Life is good ;)

Booking.com