Author Topic: Coronavirus Latest Updates: Greece is opening for tourism by 14th May 2021  (Read 26857 times)

Offline dimitris

• Administrator
  • Forum Fanatic
  • 尚 尚 尚 尚 尚
    • www.arillas.com
Hello everyone ...
I must apologise for not keeping in touch for such a long time.
I wanted to do it as soon as I had only good news to announce as I'm not good in announcing bad news etc.
We have had another quiet winter in Arillas.... many days of pure rain but huge periods with sunny days and good temperatures during the day.
Many foreign nationals decided come and live during winter  in Arillas and the areas near-by where they could spend their lockdown time escaping from anxiety and corona restrictions of the big European cities. 
However, in Arillas until today you still have to have facemask while being out on the road. The police does come and control frequently ... the locals who get caught not using a mask will face a 300 euro fine. 
SO!

Finaly the UK Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office is not advising against travel to the islands of Rhodes, Kos, Zakynthos, Corfu and Crete.
  • The Greek government have announced that, from 19 April, arrivals from the UK with proof of a negative COVID-19 PCR test, undertaken within the 72 hour period before arrival into Greece, are exempted from the need to self-isolate on arrival to Greece. In addition to this they have announced that UK travellers with proof of two COVID-19 vaccinations completed at least 14 days before travel are also exempt from self-isolation. Until there is means to certify vaccinations for international travel, all travellers should continue to obtain a PCR test as stated above. (Source: https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/greece)
  • Beyond the E.U. (including non-E.U. members Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland, which are part of a European travel pact) and U.S., travelers from the United Kingdom, Serbia, Israel and the United Arab Emirates will be able to visit Greece via airports in Athens, Thessaloniki, Heraklion, Chania, Rhodes, Kos, Mykonos, Santorini and Corfu, along with two border crossings.
  • Restaurants, cafes, bars etc. are now able to open from the 3rd of MAY with out-door seating areas. Owners and employees  should be either vaccinated or make use of a mandatory free covid19 self-est twice a week. There will be a time limit again like last year, everything has to be closed by midnight.
  • Greece will open to all tourists on May 14 when a ban on travel between different regions of the country will also be lifted.
  • The entire Corfu island has a rate of only a few new cases per day ( around 10) while the test-rate has been increased by a great number as students and employees are now compulsory tested twice a week .
  • Arillas is getting ready for you!!! I'm sure that there will be another season not much different from last year.....
    AKROTIRI CAFE has officially  announced yesterday that they will be open from the 3rd of MAY!
    Clean up days are being organized by the local people and authorities. In Kavadades last week there was a good example of community spirit and cooperation as they made a great job at their clean-up day.
    On Saturday Arillas has it's own cleanup day . There will be more actions after our Greek easter.
    The situation with the rubbish in Corfu is really something that has been improved thanks to the new elected  local mayors of our island.
     that's for now... I don't know yet the date that I will open my taverna ... I will let you know as soon as Ill be ready.

Stay safe and...
    See you in Arillas
Dimitris Kourkoulos
Brouklis Str 7
Arillas 49081
Corfu Greece
+30 26630 51418
www.arillas.com
Brouklis Taverna
The 10 things you don't know about Arillas

Offline angiem

• Forum Fanatic
That is great news Dimitris.

Thank you so much for keeping us informed.

Hope to see you soon.

Offline soniaP

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Fantastic news.  Thank you.

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
Excellent !
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline kriopigi girl

• Arillas Addict
Great news. Fingers crossed. Thank you for all the information Dimitris

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
Thank you Boss! Sounds good and hopefully everything goes as well as possible for the beginning of the season  8)
Life is good ;)

Offline Scottishyannis

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
Efaristo poli Dimitri can you arrange a flight from Scotland? Scottish Yannis

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
This is fantastic news for all off us. Just a shame our flight for Mays has already been cancelled, We will see you September 28th and hopefully be able to have a family cuddle by then. XX

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline Steph ~

• Arillas Addict
Thank you for the update Dimitris, it's so good to hear the facts and not all the speculation which abounds.

We will both have been double vaccinated by then so, fingers crossed, will be in the beautiful happy place of Arillas at the end of June and, on our first night (as is now tradition) enjoying dinner at Brouklis. 
Wishing you, and all the Arillas businesses, well for the start of the season.  Look forward to seeing you soon! 8)

Offline Geoff

• Corfiotophile
  • Arillas Addict
    • http://www.geoff-and-sue.freehighway.net
Thanks Dimitris
It's difficult to cut through all the speculation and misinformation that abounds on forums like Facebook et al. It's great to have a source of genuine information.!!
Home is where the heart is - CORFU :-)

Offline harold

• Forum Fanatic
So untill we get vaccine passports we have to have a PR test at a cost of £120 each?
Harold,
Theres only one Altrincham FC

Offline turkeyfoot

• Forum Fanatic
So untill we get vaccine passports we have to have a PR test at a cost of £120 each?

Hi
You might not have to if the UK goverment do the same as the USA, and thats after Greece said they welcome   tourists from the USA

https://www.keeptalkinggreece.com/2021/04/23/usa-greece-do-not-travel-list-covid19/

Keep safe and fingers crossed

Geoff
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than  to speak up and remove all doubt.

Offline kevin-beverly

• ARILLIAC

Hi
You do not need to pay £120 E/W you can use your own kits from Boots
Or someone you know who works in the NHS to get the kits for you free

As Geoff said we might need them I still go whatever

Kev

Offline harold

• Forum Fanatic
you are correct on getting a test from Boots its £99 each here is the link
https://www.boots.com/covid-19-testing/covid-19-testing-service
Harold,
Theres only one Altrincham FC

Offline jebbo

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
I will finally get back there in late May, much delayed from my original plan of February.

It will be good to see my apartment again... I’ve forgotten what it looks like! 🤔😀

Jebbo

Booking.com