Very promising

Started by Truth, June 27, 2020, 12:52:12 AM

Eggy

Quote from: kevin-beverly on June 27, 2020, 11:57:53 AM

Hi
I watched BBC news with Harris Theocharis Greek Minister of Tourism and Simon Calder no restrictions ever end of you holiday the corridor is open both ends
As Truth says things change all the time

The way it's going restrictions will never end!!
Negg

Kev

turkeyfoot

Hi
Mathraki have just put on Face Book that TUI have terminated their contract for 2020 so they wil have no TUI guests this year
Thats our holiday gone.
Will wait to hear from TUI
Geoff
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than  to speak up and remove all doubt.

turkeyfoot

Quote from: turkeyfoot on June 27, 2020, 05:59:56 PM
Hi
Mathraki have just put on Face Book that TUI have terminated their contract for 2020 so they wil have no TUI guests this year
Thats our holiday gone.
Geoff

We are bitterly dissapointed but did not really fancy Gatwick wearing facemasks and on the plane etc. It is a worry about possible contamination.The decision has now been taken from us .I assume they will not offer us a place at the splish splash place ( cant think of its name at the moment)
Will be back next year though. Already booked.

Keep safe

Geoff
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than  to speak up and remove all doubt.

soniaP

I think the photos of Brighton and Bourempith beaches last weekend will not have helped our plight in the eyes of the Greek authorities.  Nutters spoiling it for everyone as usual.

CK

I can book flights for mid August with Ryanair but will they go ? Also would only want to go to Arillas (obviously!)  and just wondering if all of our favourite places open , Marinaki,Ammos,Effis ,Horizon,etc etc etc ( have read already Costas and Inas open  )
I know it's only one year to miss but would be so lovely to think we could visit the one  place that keeps us sane for the following year ...,... and to support all the lovely people who live and work so hard in Arillas.
Would appreciate any advice cos we confused!

Jo Wissett

It's not over till the fat lady sings! That's what I say! Have already ordered two face shields off eBay for the plane. Yes it's rubbish but not as rubbish as staying here for another endless year. This is something I shared on Facebook recently

Just read this from Melanie Reid, the brilliant Times Columnist and it sums up completely what going to Corfu means to me...

"It's the wall of heat I miss most, that amazing sensation of stepping off the plane into a bath of warm, different scented otherness. That's what your plane ticket is for - that moment, that budget blessing. You've been delivered to another place..."

Jo Wissett

CK, there's some fantastic priced flights for 4th -19th Aug with EJ from Manchester. There will always be somewhere you can stay in Arillas. Has anyone seen Nikos's (Akrotiri) new apts? They look amazing

Truth

Agreed Jo, I think I posted something similar earlier, there will be rooms somewhere available providing we can get there.....
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

kevin-beverly

Quote from: Eggy on June 27, 2020, 05:32:55 PM
Quote from: kevin-beverly on June 27, 2020, 11:57:53 AM

Hi
I watched BBC news with Harris Theocharis Greek Minister of Tourism and Simon Calder no restrictions ever end of you holiday the corridor is open both ends
As Truth says things change all the time

The way it's going restrictions will never end!!
Negg

Kev

Hi
My brain was not working
Brain fog causes eating too much and too often, that is what lock down is doing to me
I need some good old ARILLAS air, food, beer mythos of course, and odd ouzo,and a game of darts

kevin

turkeyfoot

Quote from: turkeyfoot on June 27, 2020, 05:59:56 PM
Hi
Thats our holiday gone.
Geoff

Hi
If anybody finds themselves in our position look at https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/advice/my-package-holiday-has-been-changed-or-cancelled.

We were concerned they would change us to the Kaloudis, but if your acommodation is significantly changed you can get a refund. Be interesting to hear the explanation from TUI, when we hear from them that is.

Again very disappointed but  we did have concerns about Val's medical conditions that might  put her at risk at the airport and on the plane,  but we decided not to cancell  but the decision has now been made for us

Geoff

soniaP

Quote from: Jo Wissett on June 27, 2020, 09:24:20 PM
It's not over till the fat lady sings! That's what I say! Have already ordered two face shields off eBay for the plane. Yes it's rubbish but not as rubbish as staying here for another endless year. This is something I shared on Facebook recently

Love this Jo - sums up how I feel entirely . It keeps me going all year .

Just read this from Melanie Reid, the brilliant Times Columnist and it sums up completely what going to Corfu means to me...

"It's the wall of heat I miss most, that amazing sensation of stepping off the plane into a bath of warm, different scented otherness. That's what your plane ticket is for - that moment, that budget blessing. You've been delivered to another place..."

suzy61

Turkey Foot
You said that you were concerned about having to stay at Kaloudis as you can no longer stay at Mathraki
I personally don't think it really matters where you are staying in Arillas as I've only ever  heard good things about all the accommodation and the families that run them.
Also,you really only have to sleep there as you are welcomed by all owners to use any of their  establishments.

If you were staying at Mathraki it's a 10 minute walk from Kaloudis and you could use their peaceful adult pool. It's only about 15-20 minutes stroll the back way at the side of Effies which is a beautiful tranquil walk and if you're hot and bothered when you arrive then simply sit in the shade with a cold mythos or jump into their gorgeous new pool!

turkeyfoot

Hi

We all have our own preferences as to where you stay and reasons for doing so. To make a change and not be happy could spoil your holiday.
Sometimes its more than a bed for the night.

We were in two minds, as I have said, to go or not this year, but decided to go ahead. Then the TUI situation made up our mind for us.

Will be back at the Mathraki (this was to be their last year with TUI) which is 100% independent next year  (as opposed to 50% this year) as  usual.
Just paid the deposit today and flights were booked in March.

As a matter of interest looked at Rynair from Southend on Sept 1st this year and it was £323 for two, including hold luggage which I thought was cheap.

Geoff

Booking.com