Accommodation Favourites?

Started by Paul D, March 01, 2009, 12:07:16 AM

Paul C

Quoteis small enough to care, and big enough to deliver.
Sums up Arillas perfectly

kevin.g

paul d ..........well done ,what a wonderful sentence,les hope its inherited by many arillians..........yammas

Oregano

I'll be on the lookout for a taverna that's small enough to care and big enough to do liver lol :-)

justphil

They tell me nowhere is big enough for mine Oregano.....

lol
Phil

gaye

As I have said before we always rent out Ina's flats and enjoy the property. We are then able to eat at different restaurants and do our own thing in the evening. BUT would love to know whether we would be welcome to use other properties' pools, obviously buying drinks and snacks etc......always feel uncomfortable about doing this! Also would we be welcome at somewhere like Bardis if we weren't residents? We tend to go just to The Horizon in the evening and have never wanted to intrude on The Rainbow, Bardis etc.....this after 7 visits to Arillas!!
gaygo

Sandy x

Of COURSE you can use the pools and you MUST go to some of these other bars...it is expected of you Gaye! I think I am there while you are there....we must arrange for you to come into the Rainbow at least while I am there. You will always be made most welcome.
Sandy x

justlynn

Hi Gaye,
We have stayed at the Kokinos and Bardis Sun but we have also used the pools at the Mirage, Makris and Tria Adelphia.  As you say, obviously buying drinks first, but we have always been made to feel welcome at all of them.
Bought drinks at the Splish Splash too, can't remember why I didn't use the pool there, although judging by the photos it was on a grey day... which wouldn't normally  stop me.....
We called in at Bardis Sun Studios for a drink while staying at Kokinos, and the welcome couldn't have been better, so you should definitely give it a go.
I do know what you mean though about feeling a bit uncomfortable to start with, as we have never been in the Rainbow, but after reading some of the fabulous reviews on here, this is a must to do for us this year.
cheers,
lynn xx

kriopigi girl

I know what you mean Gaye. The first year we were there we had to be out of room by 12 noon and our flight was not until very late that night.Unfortunately they could not give us a room to keep on, as they had guests arriving. Therefore we just wandered around all day. Could not go to beach as had no where to get showered and changed. We also would have felt as if we were intruding using other facilities. However we now know the hospitality is second to none and as long as you contribute by buying drinks etc you are made very welcome.
Do visit to the Rainbow where you will not be dissapointed. How about starting with one of Jimmy and Spiros fabulous breakfasts, a few drinks round the pool and if you get peckish later a nice lunch. In the evening everyone is welcome. The bar is great with a good atmosphere and marvelous cocktails...... Oh I wish I was there right now !!!!!

Pauline x

justphil

And us two Pauline. Right NOW. We have had so many good times there. Welcome is too weak a term for how they made us feel.

Phil and Jen

Paul C

Pauline

You are so right about Jimmy & Spiros and their wonderful hospitality. Can't be beaten.

Phil

I know you enjoyed the Rainbow, we staggered into each other quite a lot in there last September.
When the legs worked that is !!
Paul

kevin.g

i agree with all ..the rainbow is a must visit ,as the boys and there families make you soooooooooooo welcome ..............yammas

riggers

Phil stagger ???  naaaaaaaaaa not having it . lol

Yes great hosts, had many a game of darts up there with Negg and other forum members.

yammas.

riggers.

Paul C

Riggers
Maybe not a stagger perhaps more of an excessive wobble !!!
Paul

ChrisSLH

Hello all,
It is really great to hear so many good things about the Rainbow complex.

We're off to the Nafsika for 2 weeks in 7 days time. Really can't wait now.

Chris.

Cheryl2307

Chris, you'll have a great time - as has already been said.  Lovely place to stay or spend some time.  I'm so jealous!!
Cheryl O