Nudie Beach Ettiquette

Started by Lozicle, January 30, 2007, 03:04:02 PM

blondegirl

There was a nude guy who had got lost it seemed.  One of the girls we knew came off the beach with her little girl, they had to turn around because a guy just got out of the sea and was calmly walking along the beach.  He wasnt on the nudist part. , he must have got disorientated or was so used to walking around starkers that he didnt think about where he was. 
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Dave n Anne

Hi Terryw

We are off to kefalonia in sept and wondered where the nudist beaches are , much appreciate a bit of info if possible

Yammas

Dave n anne

TerryW

Hi Dave n anne

The best nudist beach is at Mounda bay which is near Skala.

Where are you staying?

Terry

Eggy

I came across a guy, on the naturist part of Arillas beach, recently. He was lying there,with shorts and T-shirt on, moaning away to himself and annoying everyone around him.
I asked if he would be quiet and got a "Mmmm/Urghhh" in response.
Must be unwell I though so asked if I could arrange to get him back to his appt.
"Mmmm/Urghh" was the response.
Not wishing to give up I asked him again:-
"Where have you come from?"
" The urghh, cliff up there " - He said.

Sorry folks - Now gone off thread yet again. - Toomuch time on my hands maybe.

James W

That guy was me Eggy. 
                                   I was checking the 'donkey track' to San Stefanos and got distracted by a couple of birds  ;-)

Dave n Anne

Hi Terryw

We are staying at lourdas , only going for 1 week and thought we would try somewhere else for a change . Looking forward to seeing different places .

Yammas

Dave n Anne

Mythos & Mataxa

Hi Dave and Ann
I went to Lourdas a few years ago, it was great lovely beach and food.
If your stopping near the top of the village there is a little goat track down to the beach that is not classed as Lourdas ( can't quite remember the name) but is not very busy and very relaxing.
Hope you have as good time as i did there.

Matt & Claire

PS try the red snapper and Stiffado ( Kefelonion style)

TerryW

H iMythos and Mataxa

I have also stayed at Lourdas and I think you should warn Dave n Anne about the very steep walk back to the top of the village.

The nudist beach near Lourdas is on a strip of beach between Lourdas and Trapezaki. It is not used much by naturists and you always have  the problem of "shall we be the first to strip off?" Its always a problem in a country where nudity is illegal to be the first ones to go naked especially if there are already people sunbathing with clothes on.

Helen and I found it fascinating on the beach at Mounda (Kefalonia), to see if people who were approaching the beach would end up nude. It was quite funny at times. One couple would walk along the everyday and not take their clothes off. Then on their last day (we didnt see them again so we assumed it was their last day) they did strip off, had a swim and had a lovely snog in the sea. They were well into their sixties as well. I thought it was a shame that they didn't do it on the first day so that they could have had the pleasure all week.

TerryW

Jo Wissett

This brings me to my thoughts on nudity! As mentioned before, I always have a blissful hour or so on the nudist beach in the mornings or late afternoons.  Never thought I would ever have the guts to try it but so glad I did.  My family take the micky beyond belief but I dont care!

Anyway,my point is - I dont believe that there is no ulterior motives going on amongst a few sunbathers. I was approached this year by a minging foreigner who after trying (but failing) to make conversation in the sea, then appeared next to my towel offering to smear the clay all over me! Luckily I shrugged him off but it made me feel a little uneasy.

What are everbody else's views on this?

TerryW

I have some views on this from the male point of view. The only reason that a naked man would want to chat to a naked woman and then want to smear clay on her can only be for sexual reasons. I bet the bloke in question does things like this on a regular basis and is a menace and could also be a danger if given the wrong signals back.

Lets face it, any normal man loves to see a naked woman but it is usually a discreet peep from a distance. This guy saw you on your own and saw you as a target. I don't suppose you could see if he was standing to attention, but you should be careful Jo. The bloke was obviously not a true naturist.

The "unwritten law" on a naturist beach is to find a place that is the furthest point you can find from anybody else on the beach. Really, the only time anyone should be on full view is when you are going in and out of the sea. I would always go into the sea or go back to my place on a beach when nobody was walking close to me by the shore.

The only time I have had problems is when the sun umbrella is suddenly blown away by wind and you go chasing after it. This then causes a multitude of problems,.You are well on your way to catching it when it lands up against someone elses umbrella. Or, you suddenly realise that the sand is red hot and you have no footwear, and you can't even sit down to take the heat away from your feet. Or a child will catch it for you and then you are completely stuffed and have to retreat for clothes.

I think that in Greece you have to stay on your own, enjoy the sea and the sun without exhibiting yourself, sunbathe discreetly without showing off "bits", relax and enjoy.

Sandy x

I've always gone on the nudist beach on my own and have a few tales to tell from over the years. You do get a few weirdos - some approach and ask you the time or offer to put suncream on your back......how do they imagine I usually cope on my own???!! One guy used to put a peach and a croissant on my towel when I went swimming....and before anyone asks, it wasn't the donut man!! But beware the perv on the cliffs in May and October....
Sandy x

Lozicle

That is a bit weird Sandy !
I've never had that happen , but then again I've never been on my own.

It is only human nature to look at the naked body of a member of the opposite sex. But there is a massive difference between a fleeting glance and staring openly for example.

Unfortnately public nudist beaches are always gonna atrract a few weirdos.

Eggy

Sandy - Ok !! - I'll stop buying the peaches & croissants.
Negg

kes

There used to be a realy popular guy on nudist beach last year
He could  carry 2 cups of coffee and a dozen donuts!!

Jo Wissett

Now, CLAY I wasn't interested in but Croissants may have been a different matter!Ha ha