Author Topic: Forums over Face book!  (Read 13017 times)

Offline soniaP

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Forums over Face book!
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2015, 02:38:24 PM »
Eggy - I don't think Trip advisor is classed as either forum or facebook. I have often thought it is not fair however how fake reviews can be put on trip advisor. I also have heard of disgruntled sacked staff putting on bad reviews. You can usually tell the fake reviews as they have just 1 review, a bit like some of posts sometimes put on this forum.  I think the best way for businesses to deal with this is to sign up to have the right to reply but unfortunately I think they have to pay a fee for this. The other way around it I think would be that you have to be given a code by the owner on the day when you visit that is an exclusive code that can only be used or known if you have actually visited the place you are reviewing. The code should also be changed on a regular basis - say weekly but the problem is I think that would take too much work to administer. Trip advisor is like most things  in that it is a great tool if it is used properly but it always has to be borne in mind that everyone's experience and opinions can vary. I have visited restaurants and had a great experience and yet it may have some bad reviews. Similarly I have visited restaurants that have had a good reviews but have had a bad experience. It's great if everyone plays fair but unfortunately not everyone does.

Offline Paul Clark

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
    • Pauls Cancer Blog
« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2015, 03:20:40 PM »
I use Trip Advisor in both a professional & personal capacity. It's dead easy to spot reviews put in by either the owners of disgruntled ex employees. As a rule of thumb, if a business has more than 30 reviews, & only 1 is poor then ignore the poor review. Bad service / food can happen for many reasons. If there are less thank 1/2 dozen reviews then make your own mind up.
Follow my journey against throat cancer at  http://paulscancer.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2015, 05:12:39 PM »
Thanks guys for this. Something I forget sometimes. Look at the "good"and the "bad" and the number of posts etc. etc.
 I think I am too guilty of whizzing in and out of posts etc and not reading the full story.

I do this on Amazon quite a bit so maybe a step back and look at the percentages.

Anyway that's it. Sensible/serious and inquisitive head will now removed and usual head returned for the future.

Cheers again
Negg

Offline NickBoardman

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2015, 10:56:43 PM »
I'm not sure whether Trip advisor is a forum or not. However as the review was mine I can assure everyone that I am not a competitor. I had two poor experiences at the venue which is a shame, and I respect Terry for wanting to defend it, I would in quite honestly do the same.

Remember Trip advisor is peoples experiences as they happen, not necessarily reflective as the place as a whole, I can't say a place is great if it isn't anymore than I'd say a place is poor if it's fantastic. Please take time to read my other reviews, I am very careful about what I write. I know the influence of Trip advisor and the fact people don't read everything could be detrimental. I have no reason to say food and service was bad if it wasn't.

I would  encourage people to read the 54 positive reviews written since my review to see that my experience was just unfortunate not the norm.
I would happily go back to Horizon and I promise if I have the experience the majority have there I will gladly leave a great review. 

Offline dimitris

• Administrator
  • Forum Fanatic
  • 尚 尚 尚 尚 尚
    • www.arillas.com
« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2015, 11:13:29 PM »
Hello everyone ... this topic will now be locked and I will delete it some time tomorow.....
It has been reported by a few people as inapropriate to the ethos of our website.... 

the terms and conditions of our website can explain all about why and how I can do this.

Dimitris Kourkoulos
Brouklis Str 7
Arillas 49081
Corfu Greece
+30 26630 51418
www.arillas.com
Brouklis Taverna
The 10 things you don't know about Arillas

Booking.com