Author Topic: Taking Cash?  (Read 30559 times)

Offline chezphil

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
  • cant wait
Re: Taking Cash?
« Reply #60 on: July 08, 2015, 06:45:44 PM »
We are here at the moment and concur with the above myself I am trying to keep the micro brewery busy but is causing a slight headache now and again

Offline sandraandjim

« Reply #61 on: July 08, 2015, 11:57:31 PM »
Not a problem chezphil, you can also keep the supermarkets busy by buying your Paracetamol for said headache!  Enjoy!

Sandra and Jim

Offline dimitris

• Administrator
  • Forum Fanatic
  • 尚 尚 尚 尚 尚
    • www.arillas.com
« Reply #62 on: July 09, 2015, 02:37:14 PM »
 This morning I had to go to Corfu town for some hardware shoping  ( cooker spareparts , gas special tubes etc)
Everything I wanted was there...  I also noticed that  The ATMs had no queues at all,  all gasstations were open for business . The supermarkets were full with goods.! I stopped  at a cafe for a quick capuzzino... I overheard all the talking of the locals .. everyone was saying how untrue is what the massmedia is doing right now and how much harm they  can do to the greek tourism by scaring everyone.

I'm writing this as I do get daily emails from friends from all over the world asking me if they are safe to holiday in Greece....

Greece is still one of the safest countries to have your holiday with family and friends.
Greeks have the experience of many thousands of years to treat their visitor with the famous PHILOXENIA  ( hospitality).
In Arillas you have nothing to fear all places  this week are busier than last year , our hotels and self-catering Accommodation are fully booked  until the end of August- beginning of September.
Thanks for your  support!
Dimitris Kourkoulos
Brouklis Str 7
Arillas 49081
Corfu Greece
+30 26630 51418
www.arillas.com
Brouklis Taverna
The 10 things you don't know about Arillas

Offline GaryS

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #63 on: July 09, 2015, 02:52:56 PM »
Well I have just got our holiday money for Sunday. I've agreed with the Horizon to pay in cash and bringing extra. Like Terry I will likely tip better this year and drink local as much as our livers will permit. I myself am 100% behind the Greek people and hope they get the deal they need to support their beautiful country.
Gary

Offline NickBoardman

« Reply #64 on: July 09, 2015, 03:17:50 PM »
Thank you Dimitri, the truth and the press reports are always very different!  best wishes.

This morning I had to go to Corfu town for some hardware shoping  ( cooker spareparts , gas special tubes etc)
Everything I wanted was there...  I also noticed that  The ATMs had no queues at all,  all gasstations were open for business . The supermarkets were full with goods.! I stopped  at a cafe for a quick capuzzino... I overheard all the talking of the locals .. everyone was saying how untrue is what the massmedia is doing right now and how much harm they  can do to the greek tourism by scaring everyone.

I'm writing this as I do get daily emails from friends from all over the world asking me if they are safe to holiday in Greece....

Greece is still one of the safest countries to have your holiday with family and friends.
Greeks have the experience of many thousands of years to treat their visitor with the famous PHILOXENIA  ( hospitality).
In Arillas you have nothing to fear all places  this week are busier than last year , our hotels and self-catering Accommodation are fully booked  until the end of August- beginning of September.
Thanks for your  support!

Offline Val n Bill

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #65 on: July 09, 2015, 03:38:45 PM »

We are ignoring all the media hype, just as we always do. We just hope the Greek people have a good outcome from all that has transpired in the last few days.

You can be sure that what ever happens we will be returning for our two weeks on the 24th and two more weeks in October......and also as many times as we can in 2016, and then every year after as usual.

It doesn't matter what we will be spending in the future....euros or drachma, it's all money.

See you soon Dimitri,   Val and Bill x
The love affair continues.

Offline sharonF

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #66 on: July 09, 2015, 07:40:33 PM »
Thanks Dimitris I'll show this Billy, he's taking way too much notice of thew news here, see you next week

Sharon x

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #67 on: July 09, 2015, 09:52:42 PM »
Well we will Soon be back in Arillas , Table 13 Next Thursday at Brouklis
We will Eat Drink and Possibly be merry (if the Boss lets us)
So looking forward to waking up from this Media Hype that continues to be banded about.

My sister messaged me the other night to ask if I had any info about how things were in Arillas (she will be with us)
they had read that provisions were low on the Greek Island.

I sent her the only reply I could....WE ARE OFF TO ARILLAS THERE WILL BE NO NEED TO WORRY....Just make sure you have enough to Spend, you're going to need it because we are going to have a fabulous time.   

Offline mikej

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #68 on: July 09, 2015, 10:07:34 PM »
Like John says Eat drink and be merry and i wouldn't read anything into reports of low provisions as the food is grown locally ,the beer is brewed locally and the hospitality is certainly provided locally,what more do you need...enjoy!

I will be in 3½ weeks time.

Offline jojobunny

« Reply #69 on: July 09, 2015, 10:13:51 PM »
Thank you Dimitris, very helpful information. Our first time in Arillas, we get there on the 17th and can't wait!

Hope to see you for a meal during our stay, the reviews for the Brouklis are excellent. Oh, and we are taking lots of euros as I dont want to panic :) x

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #70 on: July 09, 2015, 10:17:33 PM »
Welcome to the forum jojobunny! You have made an excellent holiday choice. We arrive on 20th so please say hi if you see us x

Offline jojobunny

« Reply #71 on: July 09, 2015, 10:47:42 PM »
Thank you very much Jo and yes, I will come and say hello if I spot you

Jox

Offline suzy61

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #72 on: July 09, 2015, 11:06:10 PM »
Thank you Dimitris for the reassuring report!

Suzy X

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #73 on: July 10, 2015, 10:52:03 AM »
Have a great time at The Horizon, Gary and Caroline. Just remember that Marinos likes to keep bushes neatly trimmed. :-)

Offline Steph ~

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #74 on: July 10, 2015, 12:57:33 PM »
Enjoying Arillas right now and the only thing there is a shortage of here, which is usually in abundance after midday is the breeze!! The storm is obviously in the media teacup. Happy to report all food, drink and provisions available along with the warm Arillas welcome! 

Booking.com