Author Topic: Agios georges  (Read 3306 times)

Offline summertime

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
Agios georges
« on: September 13, 2014, 08:19:27 PM »
Hi is it possible to get a bus to agios georges

Offline dylan

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
Re: Agios georges
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2014, 10:11:28 PM »
It was the year before last, but I don't think that it has run for the last two years, we have always wanted to go, but it is quite a walk, there and back, I don't think that there is a water taxi either, now, but you may be able to hire a boat.

The only other way is to hire a taxi from Olgas Travel

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2014, 12:06:29 AM »
We did it by taxi a couple or more years ago. About 20 euros each way. Yes, they have to cover the cost of coming from base and it is expensive.

It is a lovely, wonderful place with a gorgeous beach, fabulous welcome and food to die for. Many could find what I have in my Arillas, but not me. When you wed you vow "till death us do part" and I am a bigamist - I am wedded to Jen and Arillas. No place will ever divert me from my Arillas and no woman from my Jen.

But there is so much for folk in Agios "Gorgeous." Well worth investigating.

Phil

Offline Karen/Colin

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2014, 02:45:31 PM »
We have done it a couple of times by quad bike. handy also for a quick detour up to Afionas to visit spiro.

karen
x

Offline dylan

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2014, 10:04:58 PM »
spoke to Olga last week, as she got us a taxi up to Afionas.
She is considering setting up a mini bus service between agois georges, afionas, arillas, and san stef.

told her it would be popular, as many of us are not as mobile as we used to be, she has got a mini bus, just a question of getting two drivers, I offered to be one! she would have to give me lodgings for the summer, though! if we all ask her, maybe something may happen next year.

Offline ger

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2014, 01:09:07 PM »
oh that sounds good, so missed not going to afionas this time, but i just could not manage the walk (am awaiting a hip replacement)
ger x

Offline dylan

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2014, 11:11:21 PM »
I did walk to Afionas before my knee replacement, two years ago, now got new knee, worse than old one! having it replaced again in a few weeks time, should be able to race each other next time!

Booking.com