Author Topic: Gallini Appartments  (Read 12049 times)

Offline Dan&Vic

Gallini Appartments
« on: February 13, 2006, 10:53:49 PM »
Hi, Can anyone who has stayed at the Gallini Appartments in Arillas. Please tell us what your stay was like and what the weather was like. We are going on the 4th September. Thanks a lot.

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
Gallini Appartments
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2006, 11:08:32 AM »
We go to the Galini in June for two weeks so we can let you know more when we get back. Their website is www.galini-hotel.com and they are very helpful.  There is a lot info on that.  You can book or pick up a taxi from the airport as the transfer can be as much as 1.5 - 4 hours long depending on how many stops there are which is what we have decided to do for around 45-50 euros. On this site too there is a map of where the Galini is.  Go to the home page and scroll right down the bottom of the page and you will see that there is a map in the process of being made, have a look at that and you can see where the hotel is in relation to everything else. Very helpful too. We can't wait to go.
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline carol2

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
Gallini Appartments
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2006, 05:31:42 PM »
hi Guys,
just to let you know there is also a really good map on the local links page, it can take a few minutes to fully appear . nearly all of the places on the map show a picture when you point your icon at it so its well worth a look, enjoy, Carol2
Get the beers in!

Offline wayne

• arillas trip 6
  • Super Member {over 100 posts}
galini
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2006, 12:25:37 PM »
comfortable and relaxing about 10 mins walk to beach worth a note the pool isnt exclusive to the hotel as its open to public sunbeds free with your first order at the pool bar.all rooms have toaster kettle fridge and 2 ring cooker.some rooms are air conditioned but fans are available to hire.
stayed here may 2006 had no problems.rooms were a good size well equipped and bathroom ok .owners friendly and the guy who runs poolbar is ok doesnt speak a lot of english  so learn some greek

Offline Lisa and Steve

• JustLisa
  • Forum Fanatic
Gallini Appartments
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2006, 05:03:53 PM »
We are also staying at the Galini for the first time this year.We go 19th June so when we get back will give a full and honest description.

Offline Lindypops

• ARILLIAC
Gallini
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2006, 06:57:56 PM »
We`ve just come back and had a lovely time. Costas made some of the best ever soup. English is quite well understood and spoken by Costas. He`s very helpful and will keep you well amused! Efi, Costas`s mother left flowers for us each time she cleaned the room, which was very kind of her. Jagorda works behind the bar, and is also very helpful. I`m sure Costas will remember Linda & Mal!!. Happy holidays.
Lindypops.

Offline Zizkov

• http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/37c88/
Gallini Appartments
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2006, 02:40:36 AM »
Just back from a week in the Galini, enjoyed it.  Stayed in a studio which was fairly compact, but had everything required.  Kettle, toaster and two electric rings which heated fast enough.  Beds fairly comfy.  Shower has deepish tray but no curtain - there is a mop though!  I suppose it helps save water, you are careful with the spray.

The studio was upstairs overlooking the pool, village, and out to sea.  This block was two stories and both floors had balconies.  It only got the sun late afternoon though.  The walkway at the back of the rooms was broad enough to take the tables and chairs out to, and breakfast in the sun (though the creek nearby pongs a bit when the sun warms it!)

The other block (which has the apartments, as well as studios) is at right angles to the one I stayed in, so will get sun earlier, though maybe not a sea view.  Definitely not from the downstairs ones, which have a terrace.

Pool is a decent size, about 17m long, cool but not freezing.  Sunbeds on the surround and garden areas should be enough unless everyone staying wanted to lie around.  Pool bar is fine, breakfast and light meals available;has nice outdoor wooden terrace, though not much used when I was there.

About ten minutes stroll to the village; bakery and supermarket about a minute away (reasonable choice and prices).  Walk is down a fairly wide mainly flat road with streetlights, past some houses and fields.  Very pleasing in spring.   The houses just around had a lot of roses and the Galini (others) have lemon trees.

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
Gallini Appartments
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2006, 05:26:16 PM »
Oooooh!  Cant wait now, sounds great and can picture it all... Brilliant review - many thanks!

After all this rotten weather here I cant wait to go... Shame that everyone coming back has got to put up with the weather here after having it so nice on Corfu.... sooooo depressing! :lol:

Offline Lindypops

• ARILLIAC
Gallini Appartments
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2006, 05:51:18 PM »
Going again to Arillas next week. Stopped at the Gallini 1-15 th May. Fab. Akti this time. Gallini was good, and had a studio overlooking the pool. Would stop there again.
Lindypops.

Offline Zizkov

• http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/37c88/
Gallini Appartments
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2006, 01:08:16 AM »
I have put up a few pics of/from the Galini on my own little part of the interweb.  I hope it is ok to link to it from here.  There are also a few other pics/ some info on Corfu on related pages (more when I get round to them).

http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/37c88/1e1/3/

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
Gallini Appartments
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2006, 10:39:02 AM »
Very helpful and informative!  thanks very much.  good pics too.

Offline Julie

Re: Gallini Appartments
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2006, 06:29:34 PM »
Quote from: Dan&Vic
Hi, Can anyone who has stayed at the Gallini Appartments in Arillas. Please tell us what your stay was like and what the weather was like. We are going on the 4th September. Thanks a lot.
HI  just got back yesterday from the Galini ..this is the second time me and my husband Pete have stopped there and on both occassions found them very clean and well maintained.

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
Gallini Appartments
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2006, 11:29:30 AM »
Thanks for that!  We should be in mid air this time next week....   :lol:

Offline fenos

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
    • http://www.corfu-arillas.com/
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2006, 02:20:02 PM »
Thanks to everyone for your good words!

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2006, 04:33:20 PM »
We had a fantastic time at the Galini.  The studio was very clean with nice views.  Apricot trees just outside the door which we could pick for breakfast... Pool really nice.  Costa and Jagorda kept us served with drinks from 9.00a.m. to 1.00 a.m  All in all a very good choice of accommodation and would go back anytime.  Incidentally, no. 16 has brilliant views at the top!

Booking.com