Brouklis - Have you stayed there?

Started by cypress, February 25, 2014, 05:53:28 PM

cypress

I can hardly breathe today, booked my flights and accommodation yesterday :-) :-)

My friends and family are pleased, but they don't understand like I know you Ariliacs will about what that means. I'll really have to try to not bore them silly with my giddiness.

Have you ever stayed at the BRouklis? There seems to be lots of reviews about the restaurant but none about the studios.

Thanks Cypress

Jo Wissett

Oooh well done you! You will hear from at least 2 members (Erja and jusphil) as regulars to these studios but my son and his friends stayed in them a couple of years back and were very happy. X

justphil

As Jo says, we have stayed several times. There are 3 units, one a two bedroom apartment and the others are studios. Dimitris doesn't make a big deal out of letting them, worried that the noise from the taverna could be a problem for some guests. I can tell you it isn't.

They have a lovely position, with wonderful views across the village, and central for everything. The rooms are all upstairs, immaculately kept, and the family is delightful. And famed Brouklis food just downstairs... If it weren't for Jen's mobility problems it would be our No 1 choice. Had many happy times staying there when she could manage the stairs more easily.

Very best wishes
Phil

cypress

Thanks Phil and Jo, you've made me feel more at ease about having booked.

Dimitris was really kind and helpful in our Emails yesterday too.

I'm going in July and there isn't any aircon there. Did you go there in the height of summer and manage with just a fan Phil?   

justphil

Yes, cypress, we have stayed in midsummer and managed with just a fan, which Dimitris provided for us. They have full mozzie barriers on the windows, so apart from night, we always had the patio doors open. You will love it there I believe.

Phil

cypress

That's it then, I'll be boring everyone silly now.

Thanks Phil

Erja

Heidi and I have been staying in Brouklis for years now together and separately and we love it. We have always been in the two bedroom apartment which is lovely.

Dimitris is always a perfect host but you have to remember that you are not staying in a 5 star hotel but a lovely family run place where nothing is too much to ask if you really need it.

Also the taverna downstairs can be a bit lively until wee hours but because we are hardly ever home until wee hours we never really notice ;)

Also loud music from the nearby Whispers can annoy but they do stop in a decent time usually.

Next time staying there is a mere 171 sleeps away. CAN'T WAIT! 8)
Life is good ;)

vivian

We stopped in the 2 bedroom apartment and never heard any noise at nights, it was lovely sat on the balcony and people watching, seeing everybody that walked past and quessing where they were going. We were very well looked after and could even sit in bed and watch the sunrise sometimes we could have even have sunbathed on the bed except we couldn't wait to get to the beech. Viv x

Stay Nude it ante rude

cypress

I think I'm in a studio Viv. But if I can watch the Arillas sunrise from bed that'd be fabulous.

Erja.....thanks and I can't wait too for my visit to paradise.