Author Topic: Do you have a second favourite resort?  (Read 11153 times)

Offline Val 57

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
Re: Do you have a second favourite resort?
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2013, 08:25:41 PM »
Oh justphil - I so understand what you are saying!

Mortgage finishes in 4 years, husband's military pension goes up again in 4 years...  Now, do I retire or stay on?  I absolutely love my job - Primary school TA...  Children are challenging but every day is different!!  However, I'm getting tired now - despite what many people must think - working in any school/college these days is hard work...

Valxx

Offline AJC51

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2013, 11:14:29 PM »
South Beach if we can't get to the North Beach!

Al & Sal

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2013, 12:01:10 AM »
In answer to the above question
NO

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2013, 12:46:15 AM »

And that is unequivocally the right answer John.

Val x
The love affair continues.

Offline dylan

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2013, 10:39:51 PM »
As everyone says, second favourite! but we have been to Kefalos, on Kos, a number of times, quite similar to Arillas, nice small beach crescent shaped, island in the middle, fishing boats etc.  Very welcoming people, good food. Kos town is worth half a day, or a trip to Turkey.

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2013, 03:31:50 AM »
Oh the joys of being able to afford another hol (not that I can really afford the only one heh heh). I always thought that Parga looked nice in pictures although we have found our personal bliss in Arillas so that's that!

Offline patrickjohn

• Lincolnshire Yellow Belly
  • ARILLIAC
  • PJM
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2013, 01:00:55 PM »
Hi
Just love Arillas and we are already booked for our 8th holiday there in 2014.  However some years ago when staying at the Horizon a couple suggested that if we loved Arillas we might try staying at the Mythos in Tingaki.  Close to a splendid beach, quiet, and with warm sea - so have now had nearly as many holidays there as in Arillas.  I agree that Kefalos in the south of Kos is good but the sea water tends to be much colder there sadly.

So here is a picture taken at Tingaki in May 2013 near the Salt Lake dunes with our little beach shelter in the foreground.  I suppose the only drawback with Kos is that it tends to get quite windy in the afternoons so a beach shelter is a much better bet bet than those brollies which can blow away (although much fun is to be had chasing your own and other people's brollies over the dunes).
Best wishes
PJ

My book"A Policemance Tale" at Amazon
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0B8BD9MWM

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2013, 12:44:50 AM »
Can I just say (and apologies for going off-topic here) but I defy anyone to see one of PJ's pics and not smile! The only word that comes to mind everytime is 'jolly!!' X

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2013, 12:57:37 AM »
Jo meluvver, Pat reminds me of my Irish uncles. Well endowed, male and full of life. They both drank themselves to death, livers in both cases. Always worth listening to though, just like PJ, but in those days, speedos were regarded as mortal sin! Me with nothing on would be fine.... especially in the Catholic areas.

I am supposed to be talking about a second favourite resort, so here goes. Other than Arillas, it is Baltonsborough in Somerset. Quite a simple answer. Arillas or here.

Phil

Offline patrickjohn

• Lincolnshire Yellow Belly
  • ARILLIAC
  • PJM
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2013, 01:53:17 PM »
Home is where the heart is and for Phil that must be true as he has Baltonsborough and Arillas as his homes.  Like your comment  Jo - what's the point of being miserable when you have Arillas to look forward to - so jolly is the word.
Since I'm 1/16th Irish am a bit alarmed about Phil's Irish uncles - will have to limit my Royal Ionian intake perhaps!
If we are allowed more than one favourite second resort then it must be home like Phil says.  I love the summer in my garden when I can enjoy a barbecue.
Regards
PJ

My book"A Policemance Tale" at Amazon
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0B8BD9MWM

Offline Chris & Mark's mum

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2013, 01:03:52 AM »
Try Acharavi (The Sun Apartments)  This is my second favourite place to stay in Corfu!
We are the people that my parent's warned me about........

Offline judetolson

« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2014, 08:53:08 PM »
Kalami is very nice, its very like Arillas only smaller, if it wasnt for the pebbly beach, It would be another heavenly place to stay...

Offline justlynn

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2014, 01:10:53 AM »
We loved Pefkos in Rhodes, and always meant to return one day.  However, there were many more places to visit, so we ended up never returning to anywhere we had already been.
Until Arillas, and we have been there 6 times....

The other place we fell in love with was Mykonos town, but we only visited for a few hours in the evening from a mini-cruise we went on in 2002.  Beautiful sunset as we arrived, so that could be what clinched it.  Would still like to return there some day, but while Arillas exists, it's hard to choose anywhere else.

Last night, I dreamed I was back in Arillas ... bliss ... until I woke up. Lol.

lynn xx

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2014, 01:54:05 AM »
Lynn meluvver, our pilloried smoking budget keeps us going to Arillas. The money for our evil habit finances our regular trips home because even the Greek economy could not make their ciggies more expensive than they are, and we can save a friggin fortune by buying there rather than in our other home, Baltonsborough.

We have just about nothing more than our wobbly, old stone cottage and my ability to earn a bit as an unqualified but good teacher. But ironically, our smoking habit has defeated them and sees us back in Arillas every year. Feels like the miners who gave their lungs to their families....

loveandhugs to both from both
PhilnJen

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2014, 04:21:19 PM »
We are off to Pefkos for a wedding in August Lynn , any tips ?
We did go there about 12 years ago and had a good time but it was very quiet as it was October
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Booking.com