Author Topic: Mozzies  (Read 13992 times)

Offline martin-w

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Arillas, my second home!
Re: Mozzies
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2013, 05:10:31 PM »
I always use Jungle Formular 50% deet, no problems so far. I keep the room shut tight at night and turn on the aircon. The ones in the Bardis Hotel have a 'night' setting, very quiet, a light breeze oscillating output, so it gets to every part of the room and keeps the little beasts at bay. I combine that with a 'plug in'.
Hope that helps,
Martin.

Offline Mulberry

« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2013, 10:14:16 PM »
Just phil. Glad to hear you've never had to suffer a bite but I'll bet there's a few on here turning green to hear that!

Still, in all the years we've been to Arillas, we've done what most people seem to do. Before you go out in the evening, put the mossie plug in and spray the room with a fly spray.

To those who want a bit more, can I suggest the hire of a fan. Like air con, moving air seems to keep the little devils away. I'm told it because they prefer still air. Some friends of ours who suffer with the mossies tried it and it seemed to help.

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2013, 01:14:06 AM »
Well unfortunately this year, in their room the kids unplugged their mozzie plug in to plug the fan in and were bitten to death lol!

Offline Mulberry

« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2013, 09:55:35 AM »
What can I say Jo?
Just goes to show that, no matter what, the little devils will get you come what may!

Offline ianh

« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2013, 11:05:49 AM »
hi just phil, smelling like a brewery might just be an answer to the mozzie problem , a few years ago an old farmer friend of mine said to stop flying insects from biting was to drink enough beer to make you sweat,as the alchol being sweated out is a repelant to them,i myself use this treatment and like you have had very few bites also it must work as i have never seen a mozzie drowned in any of my beers,further research will be continued at the rainbow,akti ,annas and many other bars from 11 october,so i wil post results when i get back see you later luvvers

Offline biglee

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
    • clements locksmiths
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2013, 11:55:22 AM »
antihistamine - a week before you and every day you are there is a good call - as if you do get bit it doesnt last
I LOVE ARILLAS IT'S GODS LITTLE ACRE.

DONT ASK FOR CHANGE IT'S PERFECT THE WAY IT Is

Offline kevin.g

• ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2013, 11:56:45 AM »
any chemist do small bottles of citronella oil,,it work for the mrs and she is fair skin,,rub it on your legs and arms ,£1.99 a bottle .yiammas ,or just keep drinking the ouzo .

Offline moly1

« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2013, 06:21:03 PM »
I swear by Mosquito Milk as previously mentioned on this forum.  I buy in bulk and have sold it to most of the people in my office!!!  Since using it they have NEVER had a single bite, even those who have been hospitalised in the past.  I'll bring a spare bottle out with me on the 6th Sept just in case anyone is in dire need!
Amanda

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2013, 08:37:33 PM »
I swear by Mosquito Milk

How do you catch a mosquito, let alone milk it?
Negg

Offline wayne

• arillas trip 6
  • Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2013, 10:47:53 AM »
Tried all this week avon skin so soft ,deet ,plug-ins  ankle wrist bands 12 bites so far my assumption is nothing works if they hungry they will bite you

Offline daisyday

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2013, 12:11:05 PM »
I agree with Wayne but I'm going to try taking an antihistamine every day this time BEFORE I get bitten to see if it helps as my bites usually swell up terribly - yuk!

Offline Palmrat

« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2013, 09:24:21 PM »
Milking a mozzie? My thoughts exactly Eggy. Laughed out loud at that one.
Janina

Offline ianh

« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2013, 09:22:59 PM »
forgot my report on mozzies, drinking lots of beers did not work nor did drinking even more red wine I got bit 17 times in 2 days,we ended up buying a can of insect spray and spraying every thing in the appartment,this seemed to work,[ although we never came up to scatch!!!!

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2013, 12:15:33 AM »
,we ended up buying a can of insect spray and spraying every thing in the appartment

Surely not everything? - I'm told it can sting worse than "Deep Heat" in some bodily areas!

ps - My Armenades neighbour got a mozzie bite last week. - End October? - WOTSTHATABOUT?

Negg

Offline harold

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2013, 04:56:34 PM »
Now i dont normally get bit i use that much stuff and do change the mozzie killer when we get back from dinner late at night so i use 2 tablets per eveing in each room this October 6 tablets in total.We still got bit to death(almost),i have never know it as bad as it was this October.
Harold,
Theres only one Altrincham FC

Booking.com