Author Topic: Just booked the Marina for August next year.  (Read 1752 times)

Offline Ray and Sally

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
Just booked the Marina for August next year.
« on: June 22, 2013, 02:20:43 PM »
Hi everyone, just booked for next year and can't wait to get there. We are staying at the Marina again, we were there last year in June and loved it. We can't afford it this year, like a lot of people I suppose, so we are saving hard for next year. Our daughter and her partner are eventually getting married after fourteen years and two kids. They are tying the knot here in the UK and having their honeymoon in Arillas. The two of them  will be there at the end of July and then ten of us family and friends will be coming out on the fourth of August for a couple of weeks to help them celebrate. We have been to Corfu many times before but never during August, we know it is going to be hot hot hot and we are expecting it to be busy but not too sure about the wasps and mosquitoes, any information or advice is very welcome, also does anybody know if there are any festivals going on around that time.

Offline Ann K

• Arillas Addict
  • Arillas! Arillas! Arillas!
Re: Just booked the Marina for August next year.
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2013, 03:24:52 PM »
We always stay at the Marina in August.  Vasillis and Anita are the perfect hosts.  It is hot but we love it.  It can be busier than usual but not so as to interfere with anything that you wish to do as Arillas is just so welcoming and relaxed.  I'm sure you will all have a terrific time.  Paul and I are fortunate enough to not really be troubled by the mossies and wasps don't faze us either, so unless you really are scared of them they shouldn't pose a problem.  Just enjoy and the rest will take care of itself! :) :) :)
Ann x

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
Re: Just booked the Marina for August next year.
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2013, 09:05:45 PM »
I personally think that August is one of the best times to visit Greece to avoid the mozzies just my opinion though. I know August is obviously very hot I don't think it's to be feared like some seem to . . . . .
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Booking.com