Author Topic: Wedding in Corfu  (Read 9406 times)

Offline pg38 was 32!

Wedding in Corfu
« on: March 11, 2013, 01:25:43 PM »
Hello Everyone

I recognise some of the names on here as i was a forum member a while ago, pg32! I met Eggy a couple of times while in Arillas and like the rest of you really love Arillas. I am after some advice so thought that someone on here may be able to help. I want to get married in Corfu to my partner Caroline who's sister lives in Acharavi but there are a couple of things i cant get cleared up. The procedure for getting married in corfu is you have to be there for 8 days while your paperwork is dealt with, which you have to get legalised and translated into greek. I have read that if i get a marriage license here in the uk with no restrictions and get it translated into greek then this is all i need and it will eliminate the need to be in corfu for 8 days before we can get married.

If anyone knows if this is true then please let me know.

Paul (pg38 was 32!)

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
Re: Wedding in Corfu
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2013, 06:08:45 PM »
tel: 0030 26630 51771, tel & fax: 0030 26630 51910
Email: info@san-stefano.gr

I am sure you will not only get the answer to your questions but every thing could be arranged for you to have a lovely wedding on the beach. I want an invite. lol. Viv I

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline Geoff

• Corfiotophile
  • Arillas Addict
    • http://www.geoff-and-sue.freehighway.net
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2013, 07:00:49 PM »
I can second that advice from Viv.
Sally at San Stefano Travel will arrange everything for you and answer all your questions.
They were recently featured in 2 episodes of the ITV program "Corfu - A tale of Two islands" there is a link to view those 2 episodes on their webpage at :-
http://www.san-stefano.gr/corfu_tale.php
Home is where the heart is - CORFU :-)

Offline pg38 was 32!

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2013, 07:12:24 PM »
I am already in contact with Sally and have asked her the same question which she is trying to find out but is currently away at the moment. The government website, embassy etc are not much help and i even phoned the greek consulate in london who were no help what so ever!! Its really frustrating but ill have to carry on searching!!!

Paul

Offline kevin.g

• ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2013, 08:32:01 PM »
we got our vows renewed in the holy trinity church in corfu town ,which is the only anglican church on the island,they have a webpage ,maybe contact them they were very helpful toward our do,,ill look to see if i have there number ,,yammas

Offline kevin.g

• ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2013, 08:36:03 PM »

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2013, 09:27:17 PM »
Hi Kev, Thats who we got in touch with for our blessing and as you know we ended up having it on the beach in our beloved Arillas. It didn't cost us a penny except for petrol money for our Rocking vicar as Kes calls him. Viv x
/Users/viv/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Masters/2013/02/12/20130212-101141/P1000567.JPG

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline HeatherE

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2013, 02:48:13 PM »
Not sure I can help, but we got married in Rethymno on Crete last September.  All documents, FULL birth certificates, divorce papers, Passports etc had to have an Apostille mark attached this is done by our Foreign and Commonwealth Office based in MK, tells you what to do on their website. We then, not more than 3 months before the actually wedding date, had to get a Certificate of Non-impediment, a CNI, this was done at the local Registrar Office, then sent to the FCO for the Apostille. Then everything, and I mean everything, had to be translated into Greek by an approved translator, then maybe Apostille marked, although this may have been done in Crete by our Wedding Planners. Once all this had been done everything had to go the Mayor and the booking confirmed.

At the wedding we needed our passports to identify ourselves.

I think that is all covered but it took about 6 - 9 months to get everything done.

Hope that helps a bit

H

Offline pg38 was 32!

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2013, 07:46:40 PM »
Thanks Heather

I know all about the documents and apostilles etc its just that this one website said about the marriage license being sorted out here would save time and the need for so many documents but I'm starting to think that this information isn't true. Thanks for your time!

Paul

Booking.com