Author Topic: Arilas or san stefanos  (Read 11907 times)

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
Re: Arilas or san stefanos
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2012, 06:39:13 PM »
We have stayed at a few places in Arillas.
Tria Adelphia, Akit Arilla, Marvel, Rainbow (Dionyssos)
love them all, families who go out of their way to give you all you want, nothing is a problem for them, and as you will read on other parts of the forum that happens where ever you stay in Arillas.

:) But Arillas is my special holiday place, so much now I go there alone and meet  my holiday buddies there

We all have an afinity with Arillas. We all hold it dear to our hearts.
Be warned..... YOU WILL BE BACK

Offline adairsl

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2012, 11:58:05 PM »
As  many have said it is unlikely you will get anything other than a recommendation
for Arillas on this forum!
If it carries any more weight I am not a regular poster but I have to say that whilst SS is lovely it does not compare to Arillas.
I cannot conceive of anywhere that combines natural beauty with friendly locals who will happily do anything to guarantee a great time the way our favourite place and people do.
As to accommodation I cannot think of anywhere that would disappoint.We always go to Kaloudis which we love as it is the best choice for us from Glasgow.
Join the ever growing fans of Arillas! You will never regret it.
We already cannot wait until our next pilgrimage August 29th 2013 for 2 weeks.

Offline Ron and Sue

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2012, 05:51:40 PM »
Oh Diane!!    Your query on wether San Stefanos or Arillas was unlikely to split forum members too much but asking where to stay is likely to get every accommodation in
Arillas name check.In 20 years we have stayed at many places including Bardis Hotel,Bardis Studios,Graziella Apts,Portofino Apts,Tria Adelphia,Makris,Akti Arilla and others.All have many,many good points and only a couple have very minor downs and these are probably more down to personal preferance.At all of them comfort,cleanliness and a warm,friendly welcome are guaranteed.           When we first came to Arillas the main way of travelling was on a package.These days if you are able and willing to travel and book accommodation separately you will find a far greater choice of places to stay.         However you get here I am sure you will have a holiday to remember and will surely return.         Ron.

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2012, 08:18:21 PM »

Do need to add that we have stayed in quite a few places but in the last couple of years have stayed at Mathraki Studios the most.
Where ever you choose Diane you will have the most wonderful holiday.

Val x
The love affair continues.

Offline Diane Ford

« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2012, 11:52:38 AM »
Thanks for that Val - I have been looking at Mathraki and also Kaloudis in Arillas - do you have further information to help me chose which one - although Thomson do not sell Mathraki to children, did you find that there were children there.  Thanks in anticipation for any advice you can give.

Offline stevemary

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2012, 01:29:11 PM »
We have stayed at Mathraki Diane. There are no children staying there. It is quiet and as with everywhere is very friendly. This is the perfect location for us as it is not far from any of the tavernas or the beach. Hope you find the right place for you.
Mary

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2012, 01:59:38 PM »

This summer we stayed in July/Aug school hols, the only time we saw a child was late afternoon twice, when a couple came with their small child (think they were Polish) they had a quick swim and left after 10mins both times.

The Mathraki is very quiet during the day just a few couples around the pool, Bill is not very keen on the beach, although we do go often, he just prefers the peace and quiet of the pool and reading is my hobby so we seem to spend more time there.
We have breakfast about 10.30 which is the best we have had anywhere, and then a snack late afternoon. All very good value and delicious, Nic and family provide an extensive menu and a good bar.
Rooms are typically Greek, very clean with a kitchen equipped to cook full meals if you want to (not me) ha ha.
The rooms all have a sea view, with sunsets to die for, the upper floor are the best view. There are only 16 rooms so it is not overcrowded.
The Mathraki has lots of repeat visitors which tells you a lot.

Hope this has been helpful, just ask and lots of people can give you info about Kaloudis, we only visit there for a drink but it is nice and very good for couples and families.

Val x
The love affair continues.

Online Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2012, 02:24:26 AM »
I think Phil n Jen had quite a nice evening in a little place in Stephanos tonight.

They just might tell you about it on here on the Arillas ( WOTIDID2DAY )
today post.. - And didn't we do it well!

Negg - 2.23am? Not in bed? - WOTSALLTHATABOUT?

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2012, 09:03:13 AM »
Oh yes Neill. OH YESSS!!! And I posted it before I read this. Thank you so much for including us in it all. The bladdy tourists are learning fast. And my liver now officially needs a holiday. Only Mythos today....

Phil

Booking.com