Author Topic: What a RIP OFF!!  (Read 9555 times)

Offline Jo Wissett

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
What a RIP OFF!!
« on: October 19, 2012, 06:50:10 PM »
Out of interest I checked the Thomson Fly website to see what similar flights would have cost us.  For 2 days later (and for 14 instead of 16 nights) the 5 Easyjet flights that cost me £912 would have cost me....wait for it...£2172!!!! What planet are these people ON??!

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
Re: What a RIP OFF!!
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2012, 06:52:36 PM »
What planet are these people ON??!

Whoooa! Definetly not on planet "we can afford it" ???

Crazyyyyyy .....
Life is good ;)

Offline robinandmave

• Mavis
  • Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
  • Mavis
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2012, 07:04:34 PM »
Yes Jo, we've found that before, cannot understand that they can charge at least the same, (and sometimes more) for flight only compared to their packages to Arillas.  As you say, a rip off!
Mavis x

Offline Ann K

• Arillas Addict
  • Arillas! Arillas! Arillas!
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2012, 07:50:32 PM »
Oh Jo!  I know what you mean.  As Paul and I only want to fly from Norwich the prices for 2013 are £579 each and that's before baggage and any food we may require!  Hoping they'll go down.  They usually do around about Christmas.  Another stunt they've pulled for 2013 is that the prices are the same for every week during the school holidays, usually they do vary a bit.  Also, just for the record, I'm still waiting for a response from them regarding comments I made about this year's flight.  They are certainly not customer friendly, but realistically, if we travel from anywhere else we have to find fuel, car parking, possibly an overnight hotel or public transport fares, so in the end we could pay more in time, money and effort.  That's an inconvenience for a couple of old codgers!  Just wish they could be more appreciative of their customer loyalty, as we have flown with them for the last 15 years.  Have considered going to the press but ............................we'll see!
Ann x

Offline jackson

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2012, 09:06:18 PM »
Please excuse me if ive missed something but ive read time and again about all these expensive flight only prices ranging as jo says from £900+ to stupid prices but ive been going to arillas 16 times next year and for the two of us for 2 weeks in Aug its cost me £930 all in why do you spend so much on flights and then pay for accomodation after sorry im sure my maths isn't that bad booking independantly don't look the best option to me

Offline TONYNEW

• Arillas 2016
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Dionysos
    • Tonys webshots
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2012, 09:53:54 PM »
Crazy aint it Jo i booked with Thomson last week for Kaloudis the same holiday as now jumped up another £135 !

Offline TONYNEW

• Arillas 2016
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Dionysos
    • Tonys webshots
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2012, 09:59:04 PM »
Just checked now £168 dearer from last week

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2012, 10:57:35 PM »
You can do well independently, if you live in the right place and work on it. Gatwick is cheapest for us, but comes with a much longer journey. If you can get EasyJet, like we do from Bristol, and book the day the schedules are released, you can do well. Next summer for 18 days in July our flights came in at £350, accommodation £400 and taxis £80 so total of £830. Our three weeks in 2012 came in at £790 total.

I think many regions in UK get exactly what Jo says. Ripped Off.

Phil

Offline Ann K

• Arillas Addict
  • Arillas! Arillas! Arillas!
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2012, 11:00:27 PM »
Jackson, your maths is not bad at all.  It's just that because of stringent holiday dates and we have an airport 10 minutes away and we were very spoilt the first time we went to Arillas, we want to be exactly where we want to be.  Not interested in packages anymore, they don't do it for us and that is exactly why the airlines rip us off.  I know it's a case of everyone to their own and ours in in the rip off zone!
Ann x

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2012, 01:21:55 AM »
Just ridiculous! But will they listen to little old us?? Ha ha

Offline kevin.g

• ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2012, 07:40:59 PM »
i paid £425 for our flights the day they were released ,there now£800,,how disgusting is that only a couple of weeks later ,,grrrrr

Offline jackson

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2012, 08:15:29 PM »
I suppose the further south you live the better if you want to go independantly and the flights are cheaper [if you get them quickly enough] some of us who don't live closer to the capitol have no choice in the matter and have to do the package deal at the end of the day we will all be in arillas and as long as we all have the same quality holiday [which we allways do ] then that is all that matters [some may not like the package deal but all mine have been fine everyone to their own]

Offline Lisa and Steve

• JustLisa
  • Forum Fanatic
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2012, 08:25:21 PM »
Ann we would love to fly from Norwich but it would cost £901.We have booked from Luton with easy jet for £243.00.Airport parking is about £66.00 and maybe £30 in fuel.Shame Norwich airport or Thomson dont do any decent deals.Did you have a problem with you flight this year?We wont see you at all this year as not going in August.

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2012, 10:23:33 PM »
Jackson, those prices I quoted were for FIVE of us (otherwise I really would have been shocked!!) All in all our 'home made' package holiday next year will stand us at around £1800. I challenge any travel agent to get me a package in school holidays for anywhere near that! For only 2 of you, there are often better deals to be had package-wise but also, we have found our perfect spot in Arillas so would be prepared to pay a little extra if necessary.

Offline chezphil

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
  • cant wait
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2012, 12:39:36 PM »
We are coming back to arillas next year after a enforced 2 year break, went to thomas cook at end of august this year, for 5 us the kids and my mum, after a bit of haggling managed to get nafiska for 2 weeks 12 to 26 august for 1925 that includes 15 kg baggage, reserved seats, but no in flight meal plus transfers they also threw a nights stay at blackpool for the 5 of us free, so if you actually go to the travel agents and are prepared to haggle deals can be made. now just have to wait 10 months to enjoy it.

Booking.com