Author Topic: ARILLAS TV CRITICS SOCIETY  (Read 9984 times)

Offline indigo648

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
Re: ARILLAS TV CRITICS SOCIETY
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2012, 09:13:55 AM »
Agree with Heather after watching program it would look like the sort of place we would always avoid but it proves that what you see is not always what you get.

Offline TONYNEW

• Arillas 2016
  • Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Dionysos
    • Tonys webshots
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2012, 09:56:06 AM »
I must say certain aspects of this documentary do paint a very poor picture of Corfu unlike the artist who's work was fantastic .
The couple who worked in the olive groves to me were doing a great job making the most of what they had in these harsh times.
As for the young lass who took 600 Euro's with her and blew it all in the 1st week while allegedly looking for work with her child left at home with her mother!,i have no sympathy for her what so ever she had obviously not done her homework regarding the economic situation in Greece and for that matter the rest of Europe .
To me it is a far cry from the Corfu we know and love and i suspect it could put a lot of would be visitors off.
But has it put us off? NO!!!!
We will be back next August for yet another fantastic holiday and can't wait to meet up with old friends and new
Yammas :-)
Tony

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2012, 09:58:02 AM »
We will be back next August for yet another fantastic holiday and can't wait to meet up with old friends and new
Yammas :-)
Tony

Ditto! 8)
Life is good ;)

Offline BlueHeather

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
  • Dizzy Blonde Cat Woman
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2012, 10:21:16 PM »
right - update - who is still watching and who has 'binned' it??    we have just come back from Tenerife so recorded the last two I think (hope)  and watch the episode on catch up - Kavos - sorry you can stick it. mind you i'm an old bid :-) I felt sorry for the boys who lost their friend ........... hoping no spoilers there....

Are you still watching??
Women are like angels....   And when someone breaks our wings,
we simply continue to fly......usually on a broomstick.
We're flexible like that   ;-)

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2012, 11:26:25 PM »

The thing I like about it is........each to their own, just sorry they have only shown a little bit of 'mine'....but perhaps people will see that Corfu is an islands of contrasts.

Val x

The love affair continues.

Offline daisyday

« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2012, 09:06:15 AM »
Hi Heather - yes, still watching it just because I want a little taste of Corfu, the music, food, sea etc.  I did hope there would be more of "us" there but.... I keep watching in case there might be in future episodes!

With the weather so wet and gloomy here, just looking at the sunshine makes me dream of next year's trip to Arillas :-)

Offline Ron and Sue

« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2012, 01:03:24 PM »
Must have patience and hope for more of the northwest but must admit very disappointed so far.

Offline daisyday

« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2012, 01:06:56 PM »
Seems heavily "Kavos" based which, of course, none of us see as our "real" Corfu - it certainly isn't wouldn't sell Corfu to anyone watching it.

Offline Paul D

• Forum Fanatic
  • Welsh Arilliac
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2012, 08:28:38 PM »
Have kept watching it - have enjoyed the last couple of episodes. I think it doesn`t do the island justice, tho.
What would be great is for a documentary to be made that showcases ALL of Corfu.

Paul
Arillas - `perfect antidote to life`s stresses and strains`!

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2012, 01:00:25 AM »
Well apart from the sublime 'Homeland' it is the only thing I have on planner.  Just loving it warts n all! I was in Kavos in 1990 as a thong-wearing 17 yr old and here I am in Arillas some 22 years later! (FORGET the thong haha) A full circle of all this gorgeous island has to offer!

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2012, 02:03:48 AM »
With you Jo (but never been to Kavos, or worn a thong....)

I've loved watching all of them. Have had this superior feeling that I know parts of Corfu that other documentaries cannot (or will not) reach. It has proved to me that Arillas is the jewel in Corfu's crown when I compare what I have seen in the programmes, to what I have seen in Arillas.

Does anyone remember the Rick Stein cookery programme with Perry and Jo from Artemis bar? Now that was a special look at "the Homeland."

Phil

Offline GaryS

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2012, 01:00:31 PM »
Well each to their own, it's a shame the North West does not feature more, but it puts the island in peoples mind and shows it has something for everyone, which to us is very important. Still watching every episode

Booking.com