Author Topic: Flights to Corfu/Kostas apartments  (Read 3733 times)

Offline Lynn

Flights to Corfu/Kostas apartments
« on: September 22, 2005, 09:48:00 AM »
:?: We are returning to Arillas in 2006 for the third time having gone previous 2 times with tour operators (Manos). Are thinking of going privately to Kostas Apartmentts next year. Is it better to fix up flights now or do they get cheaper with time. Any advice on best deals (from London/Luton/Birmingham region) welcome. Many thanks - Lynn

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
Flights
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2005, 02:47:37 PM »
Hi Lyn
You may get a few varying replies to this one. Personally I have found that you should book the flights early. Much more choice on Flight times, Airport availability and, quite often you get a few more special offers.
We booked our June 05 & Sept 05 flights last November and have already booked our June 06 flight.
You sometimes can get a cheap flight by hanging on to the last minute but then you have the problems of arranging accomadation quickly. And what happens then if the flight it doesn't exactly fit in with your days off?
Cheers
Negg

Offline robinandmave

• Mavis
  • Arillas regular visitor
  • Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
  • Mavis
flights 2006
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2005, 11:37:23 PM »
Lynn/Negg
I completely agree with you(Negg), unless you are totally flexible it's not easy co-ordinating it all and then you have the possibility of being disappointed, after all if the general view is that UK-Corfu flights are being cut back then I don't think I would take a chance.  There are many factors involved of course depending on your personal circumstances.
By the way Negg, hope you and Wegg have a good break this time and that all is going well on the house front!  Are we going to see you next June?  we are there from 12 to 26 June and it would be strange if you are not at the next table in Brouklis!
Mave

Offline Lynn

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2005, 08:33:14 PM »
Dear Mave and Negg

Thanks for the advice. We have already booked the accomodation to coincide with some friends from the last two visits, so I would feel happier if flights were booked as well - so will go ahead and book asap - particulary as we are still confined to going in school hols. Can't wait to get back there!   Lynn

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
Flights
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2005, 03:50:04 PM »
Mave/Robin
We'll see you in June as our holidays do overlap slightly. Interesting that the Flights, identical to what we booked in June, have gone up £40 already.
Negg & Wegg

Offline robinandmave

• Mavis
  • Mavis
flights
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2005, 06:30:31 PM »
Negg and Wegg
Glad we'll have a chance to 'catch up' a bit next year and as I said before I hope on your forthcoming trip that not only will you have a good break but that all will be well with the house.  We are off to Fuerteventura in October, not the same as Arillas at all - but these things have to be done!!  ( Since Robin went onto nights he hasn't been able to get the usual dates in Sept. and so we have to seek the warmer weather elsewher, unfortunately) but glad to be able to enjoy a second break and will make the most of it!  
Regards Mave and Robin

Offline robinandmave

• Mavis
  • Mavis
flights
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2005, 06:34:42 PM »
Negg:
Forgot to mention, not surprised about the flights going up in price, it has always been a funny old business, travel, as I know from experience.  You have to be glad you booked them when you did, there's a long time to go yet and heaven knows what price they'll be in a few months.
Mave

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
Flights
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2005, 06:58:06 PM »
Have a good holiday you two.
Negg

Offline Paul/Deb5

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2005, 05:26:16 PM »
Hi Lyn
   Haven't been on forum for a while as i've been extremely busy, however noticed your question and we are friends of Kostas like most people in Arillas and we had stopped in his appts (as pictured) on forum this July and we got our own flights and it was cheaper for us going for 3 weeks than it was for 2 weeks with a tour operator, and we had booked just a few weeks earlier, we have always left it later to book just incase something crops up or we suddenly want to bring it forward. But i do have a good contact for arranging flights at short notice.
If you want more info ,just ask or email me as I get those quicker.
my contacts are in the 'profile'.

Paul/Deb5

Booking.com