Author Topic: Easyjet - allocated seating  (Read 9981 times)

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
Easyjet - allocated seating
« on: September 08, 2012, 07:10:38 PM »
Has anyone booked this for next year?

I believe they start rolling out it from November 2012 onwards.

I've just paid an additional £41 for both of us for Speedy Boarding in two weeks' time - does anyone know if it will be a similar figure again for next year AND the cost of allocated seating?

I'm having difficulty getting my head round it - what's the point of paying Speedy Boarding if you can allocate the seats anyway?     Or am I just being a tad thick??

Janis x

Offline Val n Bill

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Easyjet - allocated seating
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2012, 07:27:35 PM »

Janis, read in the press that EJ is having allocated seating so that there will be no more speedy boarding.

Val x
The love affair continues.

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2012, 07:37:25 PM »
Correct Val.
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2012, 07:50:51 PM »
Well that's good news (I think!) - thank you both!

It just seemed to me, looking at their website, that there was both - and speedyboarding plus as well!

Janis x

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2012, 10:16:23 PM »
I haven't bothered to book a seat....I usually travel on my own so I don't care where I sit....so long as I get there!!
Sandy x

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2012, 11:20:21 PM »
Not being funny but in all our years flying we haven't been split up once and we have never paid any extra's. Con if you ask me

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2012, 10:05:09 AM »
Same here Jo!
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline Ang

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2012, 11:35:09 AM »
Janis, the new way of booking with Easy jet allows you to select your seats, we have paid extra £12 each for more leg room so hubby can stretch his back, the only thing I didn't do was pay for luggage, I always forget that one but will pay next year.
Ang

Offline BlueHeather

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
  • Dizzy Blonde Cat Woman
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2012, 12:36:34 PM »
here is what I put on my Kefalos forum regarding EasyJet

===

EasyJet’s announcement that it is to introduce fully-allocated seating on all flights will be a welcome improvement for most passengers i'm sure..

One of the trials of flying with no-frills airlines is having to endure the undignifed scrum of passengers queuing in the departure lounge and then racing to secure a decent seat on the plane.
It is especially stressful on busy flights, and for those travelling with children concerned that they may end up being seated among strangers. It means that time which could be enjoyed relaxing over a meal or shopping duty free etc. at the airport, is instead spent standing in a badly-organised line at the departure gate.

The poor treatment of economy-class passengers by airlines and airports, and particularly the issues of boarding and seat allocation, has been an issue for many years.... With a bit of luck,  EasyJet’s move will herald a sea-change in the approach no-frills airlines take towards their passengers.
According to Carolyn McCall, chief executive of EasyJet, surveys of passengers who have flown on flights trialling the new service have shown that the offer of allocated seating would mean they would be more likely to fly with the airline in future. The airline also admits that “the current boarding process can be a source of stress for some passengers and in some cases puts people off flying with EasyJet altogether.” It’s just a shame that it has taken them so long to realise this.

Of course, in the tradition of no-frills airlines, EasyJet has seen an opportunity to charge for the service. Passengers who want to choose their seat must pay at the time they book the flight. It will cost £12 for extra leg room (front row and exit rows), £8 for seats near the front (row 2-5 on the Airbus A319 or 2-6 on the A320) and £3 for any other seat. Passengers buying more expensive, flexible tickets will not have to pay. Those who don't pay extra will be automatically allocated a seat at check in, and the airline promises that families and those on the same bookings will be seated together “wherever possible.”

Whether the airline’s “Speedy Boarding” service, where passengers pay extra to board the aircraft first and have access to a dedicated check-in, will prove popular enough to be worth continuing remains to be seen.

What more improvements do we want to see from no-frills airlines? Top of the list must surely be a more flexible approach to baggage. After the boarding scrum, the most stressful part of flying is trying to drag a heavy cabin bag, stuffed to the seams with clothes and kit, in the hope of avoiding the swingeing charges to check in luggage.
Women are like angels....   And when someone breaks our wings,
we simply continue to fly......usually on a broomstick.
We're flexible like that   ;-)

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2012, 08:14:46 AM »
I haven't bothered to book a seat....I usually travel on my own so I don't care where I sit....so long as I get there!!

Ditto! and this time I managed to get the whole left aisle back row for myself both ways and I managed to get a good kip which was really needed especially on the way back ;)
Life is good ;)

Booking.com