Author Topic: Air con at Kaloudis  (Read 4283 times)

Offline ness44

• Arillas Addict
Air con at Kaloudis
« on: July 11, 2012, 06:24:57 PM »
Hi
Can anybody tell me how much the air con is at Kaloudis village please? We are in a 2 bed apartment. Trying to sort my budget out.
Thanks Ness

Offline Angela66

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
Re: Air con at Kaloudis
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2012, 09:30:07 PM »
Hey Ness:). I am also now sorting out budget and watching that exchange rate oh so carefully.  Do I buy now, do I hang on to next week?!  It's quite good fun though because at the end of the day I am only likely to lose £20 or so at most. Still, I would not tear a twenty up now would I!  Oooooh, nail biting stuff.....

No idea about the air con though, lol

Offline ness44

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2012, 11:06:18 PM »
Angela66
I bought some euros a while back when rate was ok but dont want to be hot in the apartment but dont want to sacrifice my mythos by not budgeting before i go!!  I bet you are so excited? I am!! 12 more sleeps!!!!!YAY!!!!

Offline Angela66

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2012, 12:09:07 AM »
Excited does not even come close .. Lol!

Not such good hols last year, stressful 12 months at work, then all this rubbish weather....   11 more sleeps (we have night at airport hotel so that will be first night of hol).  In fact, I think I shall say 9 nights and start my holiday from when I finish work, haha.  I have only had one week off so far this year.  Yes, lol, 9 sleeps:))))))))

Offline daisyday

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2012, 09:26:38 AM »
When we stayed in June 2010 in a studio (just my husband and myself) I think we paid 5 Euros per day for the aircon.  I think it did cost more for bedrooms but not sure how much... sorry.

Offline june

• Arillas regular visitor
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2012, 11:19:56 AM »
I've put under another topic the air con is per air con unit not per apartment so if you have 2 units don't forget it will be twice the amount. I know this has caused problems in the past when people hadn't realised this and had to pay double what they'd expected.

June

Offline jon

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2012, 02:30:59 PM »
Ness
Just got back from the Kaloudis, we stayed in a 2 bed aswell. Air con was 6 euro per day per unit. There was a unit in each bedroom. We didnt use it though as the room wasnt too hot in mid June. We had a great time, hope you do to !!

Offline ness44

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2012, 04:27:44 PM »
Thanks Jon. Was your apartment nice? Did you have a balcony or patio?

Offline jon

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2012, 07:39:47 PM »
Yep , we had a ground floor apartment at the front (behind Maranaki) with a balcony looking into the garden. The apartment was clean and a bit retro! Plenty of room with a decent kitchen and eating area. Beds where a bit hard though. Roula Kaloudis was Kind enough to show us the private apartments that they have recently had done (not thomson) which were above us overlooking the sea. They were in a different class altogether with full kitchen and living room + 2 bedrooms (which looked like comfy beds) .
As we love arillas so much and enjoyed the kaloudis we will hopefully try to get one of these for a couple of weeks next year . Have a great holiday!

Offline springs65

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2012, 08:06:14 PM »
Hi Jon do you know if the studios are at ground level?
 We are going to Kaloudis in Sept, I have arthritis and can't do steps.

I have the e-mail address so I will mail them before we go to ask this.

Thanks

Offline Steph ~

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2012, 12:52:38 AM »
Springs65 - they have studios on both levels so just email and ask for a ground floor one and it should be fine, especially as many people want upper floors for the views or leaving doors open.

Jon - I've stayed in Roula's private apartments for the past few years and yes, they are great, so much better than the regular ones. The aircon is also included in the price.  I've already reserved for next year (unfortunately had to cancel this year :(  and having severe withdrawal symptoms!) and I think Roula quoted 35 Euros per person per night so all in all it works out better. You can also be more flexible and do however many nights you like.  If you enjoy it though pencil in a date for the following year whilst you're there to avoid disappointment!

Offline springs65

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2012, 03:14:34 PM »
Thanks Topsey for your reply, I will e-mail them a couple of weeks before we go. I did request a ground floor room with Thomsons but the last two holidays
( not in Arillas) we had with them they didn't manage it and I ended up in pain quite a lot.

I am sure from what I have read about the Kaloudis if there is a ground floor room available they will let us have it.
Many thanks

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2012, 05:42:12 PM »
if you are too sensitive the Greeks will ignore you. If you are open and friendly they will give you their clothes. I haven't worn Perry's yet and probably never will, but if I needed to they would be on offer. Don't you bl**dy dare tonight Perry. I will be charged with murder....

If you are worried about anything when you are here in Arillas go and talk to Yiota. She has solved more problems than I have ever had as a sixty year old man. Arillas is about joy, not problems.

Phil

Booking.com