Author Topic: Corfu Beer coming to Leicestershire  (Read 11012 times)

Offline Jeanette

Corfu Beer coming to Leicestershire
« on: June 24, 2012, 01:01:29 PM »
 This is my 1st posting on the website although Ive been a member for 3yrs! Im not sure which topic this should come under but.....if anyone is a regular in Wetherspoons (the pub chain for those non pub regulars!) the latest addition of their news mag for June-July  has a 2 page article on Corfu Beer.  For those of us who have withdrawl symptoms here in the rain sodden UK, Koroibos Ale is available this summer. Claudio has brewed this at Everards in Leics.

Only 77 sleeps to my third visit and cant wait, but yet again will miss the wine festival.

Offline TerryW

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Corfu Beer coming to Leicestershire
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2012, 01:38:24 PM »
This is amazing news and also a competition to win some Corfu Beer goodies

Competition is here - http://www.jdwetherspoon.co.uk/home/promotions/competitions/corfu-beer-65

Please don't have a go then I have a better chance of winning :-)

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
Re: Corfu Beer coming to Leicestershire
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2012, 02:22:03 PM »
Thanks Terry! Sorry to say we have reduced your chances, we just couldn't resist this competition!

And bon voyage to you and Helen for your first Arillas stay of the year. Wishing you a safe and undelayed journey. The rest can be taken as read once you're there.....

PhilnJen

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2012, 02:50:40 PM »
So glad you put this on Terry, not because of the comp but Ive been trying to think of the Koribas since I first posted about it being for sale at Olympic park when I came back from the brewery with my Barley wine. lol Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2012, 03:26:03 PM »

Thank you very much for the info. Terry, and thanks for the name of the Olympic beer, Bill has already asked in Wetherspoons for this beer to be stocked for the Olympic beer festival but even the manager didn't know the name yet.
Safe journey for Helen and yourself tomorrow, enjoy the time on your own because when we see you in July you will be worn to a frazzle by your family, we know.... having returned from Rhodes a few weeks ago that there's nothing like having Nan and Grandad with you so Mum(s) and Dad(s) can have a good holiday :) and we only have two grandsons.

But you will have a wonderful time, we did... but we came back feeling we had been through a mangle (rung out flat) and it took us a couple of days to recover!!

If there is any of the barley wine left stash some away for Bill I'm sure Dimitris will have somewhere to hide it, remember Bills offer ...two for one, but he said he only means beer haha.
Once again safe journey and a restful holiday for you both tomorrow.

See you in July    Val x 

The love affair continues.

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
Re: Corfu Beer
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2012, 04:22:21 PM »

Hi Jeanette, welcome to the forum, many thanks for the info which was  also posted by Terry W. we have been waiting for this to be published for weeks, and now we have two members posting it under different headings so thanks again.
 Having been to Arillas twice before you already know what a wonderful village it is.
What dates will you be there? and where are you staying, as you know we are a nosy lot on the forum so only tell us if you want to. You will enjoy your holiday again I am sure.

Val x

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2012, 04:50:49 PM »

Bill has just returned from his Sunday afternoon drink at Wetherspoons and guess what?  He has managed to obtain the pump sign for Koroibos from the manager as a gift.
The beer will be on sale in our Wetherspoons from the first Sunday of the Olympics. He will be there without a doubt.

Val x

Offline jackson

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2012, 06:30:40 PM »
Ive been to arillas many times and never seen koroibos beer is it a new greek beer or am i just blind i am coming over on the 16th of july and will look it up if any of the forum members are in arillas from the 16th of july it would be good to meet up and maybe sample it together im staying at the mirage again its a great location

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2012, 06:56:37 PM »
Just joked with Jen, Val meluvver. If Dimitris has 4 bottles and I like it, there will be one left for Bill. If I don't, there will be three.....

Not true, I will just get my share. All of it!

You know me better than that though luvver.

See you soon
Phil

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2012, 07:59:21 PM »
You might well find us at Mirage with our dear friends Nikos and Angela, and their lovely kids. We haven't a clue what will happen after our first day on 14th.

The new beer is just one of the delights that our very-own Arillas brewery offers. All I know is how palatable and drinkable their products are.

Just chill, go with the flow and enjoy. I will.

Phil

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2012, 10:41:39 PM »

Just a though Phil, if you take all you can find of the Ionian Epos you could trade two for one with Bill, oh dear Bill reckons a divorce coming soon. Lol.

See you both soon Val x

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2012, 11:35:05 PM »
Val meluvver, I would share the only bottle half and half with Bill. Forget divorce though, it is over-rated.

lmao
Phil

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2012, 01:37:03 PM »

Phew! Ta very much Phil, his pension his bigger than mine!!

Val x

Offline Steph ~

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2012, 11:07:23 AM »
whey hey!  A taste of Corfu in England at last.  Thanks for sharing.

Offline dimitris

• Administrator
  • Forum Fanatic
  • 尚 尚 尚 尚 尚
    • www.arillas.com
Re: Corfu Beer coming to UK
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2012, 11:46:24 AM »
Well , That video explains it all!!

Koroibos Ale has been specially brewed here at Castle Acres in partnership with our friends at Corfu Beer based in Arillas, Corfu.

We catch up with Klaudio Mouzakitis, Head Brewer during his recent visit, where he recreated his recipe and became the first ever brewer from Corfu to brew a Greek real ale in the UK.

Koroibos Ale will be available in JD Wetherspoons pubs in July

Everards Brewery
Dimitris Kourkoulos
Brouklis Str 7
Arillas 49081
Corfu Greece
+30 26630 51418
www.arillas.com
Brouklis Taverna
The 10 things you don't know about Arillas

Booking.com