Author Topic: 24th May Makris Apartments  (Read 8197 times)

Derek1

24th May Makris Apartments
« on: May 04, 2004, 04:13:54 AM »
:D Me my wife Alison & our 7yr old daughter Gill are staying at the Makris Apartments from 24th - 31st May  :) it would be great to hear from any other families that are staying there at the same time ( or anywhere in Arillas )  :D Only 20 days to go & counting  :D  :D
Also if any one can help me with the location of the Makris Apartments i would be very gratefull  :) We have been to Arillas before so have quite a good idea of our way around Thx in advance & we look forward to comming back to Arillas for another great holiday

PS Can anyone tell me the name of the dog from the Porto Fino ?

Offline Paul/Deb5

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
24th May Makris appts
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2004, 04:09:39 PM »
Hi Derek & family
Myself, Norm & Sandy are out on the 24th staying @ Mathraki for 2 weeks.
Makris appts I think are on the main road into Arillas on right just before the rainbow appts where you can use their pool? and Brouklis Taverna is further down on right ,that of course is Dimitris's place who runs this Forum. Maskris isn't on the forum map of Arillas .

THe name of the dog @ Portofino i don't know but i'm sure Mick & Jill will know because they stay there all the time.

Check out comments on 'its photo time' on forum and pop in to 'Brouklis Taverna'
see you ther possibly?

regards
          Paul/Deb5

Offline sue

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2004, 04:52:35 PM »
only 19 days to go. :D
im going to AnnA studios on 24th may.
went last year as well.
sue 8)

Offline Paul/Deb5

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2004, 05:02:01 PM »
Hi Sue
See that you on line the same time ?
Is it really only 19 days to go ? GREAT!!!!!!!  :lol:  Be over at Anna's for drinks on 24th !!

Paul/Deb5 8)

Offline carol

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2004, 05:26:04 PM »
Hi Derek Alison and Gill,If you look at the map of arillas on the first page of arillas.com and scrool to the right you will see that one of the last apartments are arillas bay if you follow that road up the Makris apartments are up that road if you carry on you will come to a junction to the right is tria adelphi and Nikos and if you turn left it takes you back to the village and beach.There is a lovely fish restaurant near to were you are staying.have a great holiday.cx 8)
Im going to become to nanna for the first time in February cx

Offline Mick and Jill

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2004, 11:00:14 PM »
Hi Derek

If you are talking about he large sandy coloured dog from portofino that was Shadow.  He had a fantastic nature and loved the holiday makers.  Unfortunately he was poisoned a year past October when Vicky was expecting George.  There is a photo of Shadow on Dimitris pictures under Beach party.

Last May Spiros son Yannis found a stray Husky so not sure if you mean this dog, he only had it for about a week before it was stolen from the back of the restaurant.  If it was the Husky they called her Bella. You might have seen my husband, daughter and myself walking her along the beach or around the block past Sea Breeze.  it must have looked peculiar a snow dog in such a hot place being walked by my husband who can't be missed due to all his tattoos.  How to lower the tone of Arillas.

Spiros son does have a dog now which is kept tied up at the back of the restaurant as it's not very friendly.  The only other pet they have is a snake!

Sorry for going on abit I get carried away when I talk about anything to do with Arillas.  :lol:

Jill
Jill XXX

Derek1

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2004, 02:15:48 PM »
:D Only 16 days to go  :D Thanks carol i now think i have a pretty good idea of where the Makris apartments are  :)  
The dog i was asking about was Shadow, we were all upset to hear about his death  :cry:  :cry: Mick and Jill said that Shadow had a fantastic nature
( he also had a fantastic appetite  :lol: )  which was an understatement our daughter Gill made a special bond with him because she was missing our own dog ( sheba ) I will have to look out some of the pics of them together & post them Was he poisoned deliberately or was it just an unfortunate accident  :?:  On a happier note we cant wait to come back to
Arillas  :D

Offline Mick and Jill

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2004, 04:10:18 PM »
Hi Derek

The old woman that lives behind Portofino put posion down and it looks like Shadow ate it.  It was very upsetting, as you said his appetite was as big as him.  He was such a friendly giant and liked nothing more than getting into the apartments upstairs and making himself comfy on your bed.  It would be good to see some photos of him, we have a couple like you I just couldn't resist taking pictures of him.

Under 2 weeks to go now.

Best wishes Jill
Jill XXX

Booking.com