Linked Events

• MARTIN-W BACK HOME IN ARILLAS!: May 07, 2012 - May 27, 2012

Author Topic: Booking all done and dusted!  (Read 10787 times)

Offline martin-w

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Arillas, my second home!
Booking all done and dusted!
« on: January 12, 2012, 02:28:07 PM »
After quite a 'kerfuffle', I have now achieved what I thought was impossible! Booked my flights for three weeks in Arillas on the internet, with Thomas Cook. Most companies, (I usually use Thomson), only let you book one or two weeks, as their computer systems are set that way. I did try to 'modify' the booking system at my local Thomson Shop, but no luck. anyway, at the prices Thomson want this year from Cardiff they 'haven't a chance'! A great shame, as they have served me well for many years.
This year I am traveling from Bristol, got a 'bargain' in the Holiday Event Sale, £230 + seat choice + meal + baggage(20K) = £294. I kept viewing the offer every hour, till they did a final further £20 off, then pounced! Job done! Still couldn't believe it until I printed my e-tickets!
As usual, I will be 'at home' in The Bardis Sun Hotel booking 'independently' with Dorita. Slight increase this year, but quite understandable, considering the higher taxes and the Greek economy.
I am so looking forward to my stay, at last, the 'light' at the end of the tunnel again!
Yammas!
Martin.

Offline Ann K

• Arillas Addict
  • Arillas! Arillas! Arillas!
Re: Booking all done and dusted!
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2012, 02:48:28 PM »
Well Done Martin.  Have been reading your other posts on this and we are having all the same troubles as you.  You would think that it would be so easy to just book the flights you want and the airlines would be happy for the custom.  We are restricted on dates every year due to work restrictions so flying from Norwich is our only realistic option and Thomson is the only one to fly from Norwich and they are really taking the proverbial this year.  But, and don't tell them this, we are going come hell or high water.  Will just have to do a bit of overtime!  And to think that a very popular company is now doing all inclusive holidays only - whatever is happening out there?  But that's another story.

Ann x

Offline martin-w

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2012, 03:39:33 PM »
Hi Ann!
When I was at the Thomson Shop I was told that if there are no 'rivals' for certain destinations form an airport, as with Thomson from Cardiff to Corfu, they 'can charge what they like' because they have a 'captive' clientele. I was also told that they also have another 'captive' group, that don't stay on the Island, but use Corfu Habour as the launch point for cruise liners, the air fare being 'part of the cruise package' so naturally, Thomson 'fill their boots'! The likes of us have no influence in the pricing, as we are a minority.
Anyway, loyalty is now 'out of the window', and 'all inclusive' is not my cup of tea! So good luck, hope all works out for you in the end. Ariilas or bust!

Martin xx

Offline Cheryl2307

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2012, 06:20:16 PM »
Brilliant news, Martin am really pleased you managed to get what you wanted.  Three weeks, jammy so and so!  How many sleeps until you go?
Cheryl O

Offline kevin.g

• ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2012, 08:11:38 PM »
martin
well done yiammas ,

Offline MaryH

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2012, 09:42:04 PM »
Well done Martin - and see you in May us holiday buddies will meet yet again

Love
Mary :)

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2012, 12:50:57 AM »
Well done Martin!

What dates in May?  What dates will you be there also, Mary?

We arrive on 21st May and leave on 4th June

Janis x

Offline adairsl

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2012, 02:42:24 AM »
As you all say the most importurnt to those of us who love Arillas is that we can get there As Someone who rely on package trip(Thomson) as we have no viable private alternative from Glasgow we are still worried if major tour companies are restricting their availability or allowing concerierns about their committment to Arillas.Forgetting about us it cannot be good for the resort which we all must promote
Oliver and Catriona.

Offline martin-w

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2012, 05:03:36 AM »
Hi Janis, Mary!
7th.-28th. May so see you all there. Must have another trip to Efi's!
Yammas,
Martin.

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2012, 07:56:38 AM »
As you all say the most importurnt to those of us who love Arillas is that we can get there As Someone who rely on package trip(Thomson) as we have no viable private alternative from Glasgow we are still worried if major tour companies are restricting their availability or allowing concerierns about their committment to Arillas.Forgetting about us it cannot be good for the resort which we all must promote
Oliver and Catriona.

Hi Oliver and Catriona,

Perhaps you prefer to fly from Glasgow, but are you aware that Ryanair now fly from Prestwick?  I believe there is an introductory offer of free rail travel to Prestwick from anywhere in the UK.

There are some very reasonably priced fares available but the downside is it's a Thursday flight - not so easy to fit in with time off work.

Eileen.

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2012, 07:59:48 AM »
Good job Martin! I am sure you will have as great time as always :)
Life is good ;)

Offline MaryH

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2012, 08:05:35 AM »
Hi Janis
I arrive on 11th May and  leave on 25th May. So will see you for four days. I didn't think I was going to manage it this year, with me changing jobs 3 times in less than a year! But really looking forward to it now and saving hard. I'm also hoping to do a September visit.

Love
Mary xx

Offline Geoff

• Corfiotophile
  • Arillas Addict
    • http://www.geoff-and-sue.freehighway.net
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2012, 10:23:45 AM »
Oliver and Catriona - have you considered Thomas Cook - they do flight only from Glasgow on Mondays, and the times are sensible as well.
Janis - not quite certain of my dates yet, but there is a very strong chance I might just catch you this May!
Home is where the heart is - CORFU :-)

Offline kevin.g

• ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2012, 05:08:46 PM »
dont forget to put your dates on the calender ,,,,yiammas

Nan

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2012, 05:40:03 PM »
Good news all round then. :-)

Prestwick flights sound good but a bit of a trek from North Wales !! BUT I do like trains ??? I wish we could still fly from Liverpool to Corfu (only did it once I think?) Maybe I dreamt it - can't be sure!

I must stop reading these posts Martin and Mary or I could be in serious danger of clicking something I shouldn't. I could be booked in no time at all!

Really glad you got your 3 weeks Martin.

Cheers Nan xx

Keep you posted Phil and Jen xxx

Booking.com