Author Topic: Moving to Arillas?  (Read 1600 times)

Offline hippopotandmouse

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
Moving to Arillas?
« on: August 15, 2011, 12:31:42 PM »
Well, the Arillas bug well and truely hit us when we came in May...we are returning again on 5th Sept for 10 days, this time to start looking at places to rent as we are planning to move from Wiltshire to the Arillas/San Stefanos area next year. We are 2 forty somethings and a dog, and have decided that the time is now right to go for it. We know it's not easy, especially as we will be trying to earn a living, but we are fully expecting to work long hours 7 days a week from May to October. But trying to earn one in the UK isn't so easy at the mo, so are ready to give it a go. So if there are any forum members that can offer advice, it would be greatly appreciated. Also, if anyone living there would like to meet up for a chat over a few beers in Sept, that would be great. We are planning to arrive next Jan/Feb, so getting to know any residents would be nice, so we don't feel too isolated.....also hubby is a keen darts player, and I've read that there are some others there, of all nationalities! We look forward to receiving any help or advice. Thanks 

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
Re: Moving to Arillas?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2011, 02:13:58 PM »
Wow! I wish I could do that too *deep sigh*

Alas, can't afford it unless my numbers come up in the lottery but I live in hope! :)

Good luck with your plans  hippopotandmouse and let's hope you can make them come true :)
Life is good ;)

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Moving to Arillas?
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2011, 06:00:36 PM »
Hippo n Mousey

Firstly you will be welcomed with open arms by Locals and "ex-pats" alike.
( I hate that term! - ex-pats!?)

And.... A dart player - I'm after a Winter Team , DONCHYERKNOW?

Anyway for advice feel free to send me a private message.

I will not "pull punches" and it's not paradise but it's pretty damm close,

Your intentions to work here, to earn a cent or two, have already shown you are committed to make it all happen.

Stay Well
Negg

Booking.com