Author Topic: Seafront apartment or studio for two  (Read 9984 times)

Offline PaulnMaria

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Super Member {over 100 posts}
Seafront apartment or studio for two
« on: July 27, 2011, 01:01:18 AM »
Think we'd like to try a studio/apartment on the seafront this year. Looking for somewhere that's got plenty of space with great views. Any suggestions please?

Offline gaye

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Seafront apartment or studio for two
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2011, 01:06:44 AM »
\inas apartments next to her shop are great for views and economy. Not too big though!
gaygo

Offline PaulnMaria

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2011, 01:25:26 AM »
Thanks for the suggestion gaye.

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2011, 02:03:04 AM »
Marinaki. End of :-) Tell you what, I must be mad keep telling people I'll never get a booking again!!

Offline PaulnMaria

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2011, 02:15:07 AM »
Hi Jo
These apartments look nice from outside. Is there plenty of space inside? Don't want to feel too cramped. Heard the Kaloudis village just behind these apartments can have quite loud music. Has this ever been a problem for you? We're looking for somewhere that's fairly peaceful with those lovely sunset views.

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2011, 02:17:58 AM »
If you go for ours (bottom right as you look at it) that has 2 rooms. There is absolutely no noise apart from the lapping waves x

Offline PaulnMaria

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2011, 02:28:57 AM »
Thanks for the info Jo.

Offline PPMMAN

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2011, 12:12:03 PM »
Think we'd like to try a studio/apartment on the seafront this year. Looking for somewhere that's got plenty of space with great views. Any suggestions please?
Hi PaulMaria Marinaki Appts are are at least 6x6 mtrs, pucker shower cubicle, and ! and ! oohh them king size beds and views to die for

Offline Steph ~

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2011, 06:41:47 PM »
We stay in Roula's private apartments at Kaloudis village. They are on the first floor and they have lovely views, being situated behind the Marinaki apartments. They don't suffer from the noise from the bar at Kaloudis any more than upstairs apartments at Marinaki would. The balcony is set back a little so it's sheltered and private.  If you see a photo of Kaloudis village, it's the orangey building with a red tiled roof.

There is a living room, with settee, table, chairs, TV & a full oven,  hob, and fridge/freezer. There 2 bedrooms (1 double, 1 twin) and a large bathroom with shower cubicle. Aircon is included.

To be honest, we've never been troubled by the music at Kaloudis (won't repeat myself here, I posted about it yesterday) but I appreciate music of any kind after 10pm is not everyone's cup of tea.  There are studios at Kaloudis which are quieter available through Thomson - just request a high floor.

Feel free to message if you need more info.

Offline PaulnMaria

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2011, 01:22:42 AM »
Thanks for all the info. Tried contacting Dida about the Marinaki Apartments but alas they are fully booked for our dates. Guess this is not a surprise as they sound lovely!

Offline martin-w

• Forum Fanatic
  • Arillas, my second home!
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2011, 05:34:39 PM »
Hi!
When I was in Arillas in May, I decided to have a 'scout arround' and looked at the appartments behind Gratsela, about 15 mtrs. from the sea front. There are two sizes, smaller for two and the larger for up to four. They are well equipped, with great bathroom/wetroom, and kitchen (larger only) complete with small oven/grill and all the equipment to make and serve simple meals on the provided dining table and chairs.The bedrooms are spacious with rustic look pine furnature, great views of the sunsets from the top floor balcolnies. I would suggest the larger of the appartments if you want lots of room, the cost isn't that much more.
Details are available from Kostas Bardis c/o Gratsela Taverna.
Friend of mine stayed there twice last year and both they and their children loved it! It was their first visit to Arillas and intend to go back again next year.
Yammas,
Martin. 

Offline kevin.g

• ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2011, 10:05:03 PM »
dont 4get the lovely marina hotel,with rooms ,,and opposite behind the poolbar,2bed and 1bed apts ,,yammas............

Offline PaulnMaria

« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2011, 12:08:05 PM »
Thanks for all the suggestions. We've ended up booking the Marvel Hotel. Not on the seafront and hotel not apartment but has a lovely pool, spacious bedrooms with good sized fridge and seaview balconies. Sure we won't be disturbed by noise from the bars either. Looking forward to being back in Arillas in 2 weeks time!

If anyone is interested Angela is offering a great deal on Villa Maria Stamatis. Too late for us but excellent rates offered for peak season dates.

Booking.com