Linked Events

• Arillas Wine Festival 2011: September 09, 2011 - September 10, 2011

Author Topic: Arillas Wine Festival 2011 September 9th and 10th  (Read 16051 times)

Offline dimitris

• Administrator
  • Forum Fanatic
  • 尚 尚 尚 尚 尚
    • www.arillas.com
Arillas Wine Festival 2011 September 9th and 10th
« on: July 16, 2011, 03:28:24 PM »
This year it’s going to be on the 9th and the 10th September 2011.

It will be starting in the evening at about 20:00 until late in the night, during this time the people of Arillas will be making the wine according to the traditional way, while the music will be playing and the BBQ will be going on with souvlakis and the wine will be for free for everyone who purchases a carafe which you can fill it up as many times as you wish.

The people of Arillas will be showing the traditional way of wine-making, just like our ancestors used to do it for the last few thousand years.

The wine that we prepared the previous year will be offered for free to our guests.

You need to purchase a carafe for about 3 euros which can filled up as many times as you wish.

Our folklore dancing groups will be dancing many kinds of different traditional dances and in between, the public will be able to join the dance and give it a try.

You can view some pictures here  http://www.arillas.com/wine-festival

A video from a previous Festival follows  

Dimitris Kourkoulos
Brouklis Str 7
Arillas 49081
Corfu Greece
+30 26630 51418
www.arillas.com
Brouklis Taverna
The 10 things you don't know about Arillas

Offline kevin.g

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
Re: Arillas Wine Festival 2011 September 9th and 10th
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2011, 03:32:16 PM »
thanks for posting the dates dimitris,,im sure all who go will enjoy themselves..yammas

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2011, 05:00:20 PM »
If Jen will let me, I'm about to book our flights. I would sleep on the beach if everywhere is full.... And I won't have a job when I get back! The wine festival is superb. Thanks for posting Dimitris.

We have been in Arillas for 5? 6? days and haven't even got past Brouklis to the Marvel or Rainbow. Jen and I are so sorry to anyone we have upset. We are so chilled we must be frozen!!!!

Phil

Offline Ang

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2011, 07:26:31 PM »
Just a few more to wet the whistles- this was in 2006 we had been in the june and by chance were back in the sept for the wine festival.

Offline tonynglenda

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2011, 03:46:48 PM »
We are pleased we will be there this time for this as we've always missed it in the past. Where abouts is it held? Is it it far to walk as Tony struggles now? Or would we be better taking the quad, dont know about returning mind if the wines flowing freely!!!

Offline PPMMAN

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2011, 05:08:07 PM »
This year it’s going to be on the 9th and the 10th September 2011.

It will be starting in the evening at about 20:00 until late in the night, during this time the people of Arillas will be making the wine according to the traditional way, while the music will be playing and the BBQ will be going on with souvlakis and the wine will be for free for everyone who purchases a carafe which you can fill it up as many times as you wish.
The people of Arillas will be showing the traditional way of wine-making, just like our ancestors used to do it for the last few thousand years.

The wine that we prepared the previous year will be offered for free to our guests.

You need to purchase a carafe for about 3 euros which can filled up as many times as you wish.

Our folklore dancing groups will be dancing many kinds of different traditional dances and in between, the public will be able to join the dance and give it a try.

You can view some pictures here  http://www.arillas.com/wine-festival
This will our third Wine Festival in Arillas what magical two , evenings, all the local wine you can drink for 3 Euros !! Come on Jo Phil and Co lets be haveing you LOL
A video from a previous Festival follows  

Offline philantsue

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2011, 05:15:19 PM »
oh im absolutely gutted that we will miss the wine festival :-( are you sure you cant add another wine festival around the 23rd september onwards dimitris?

infact i think you should have a wine festival at least ONCE a week EVERY week from MAY TIL OCTOBER then almost everyone who visits our wonderful ARILLAS will be able to attend this FANTASTIC event.....wow 3 euro for a caraffe hmmmmmmm is there any of our WONDERFUL restaurants of ARILLAS that sells wine for 3 euro a caraffe?? is so please tell me now lol...x

Offline Linsey

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2011, 12:09:24 AM »
We are in Arillas that week and are bringing my parents for their first visit - what a brilliant experience for them it will be. Can't wait!!!!

Offline happynoods

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2011, 10:54:15 PM »
hi dimitri thnx for the post Arillas Wine Festival 2011 September 9th and 10th,myself and my better half arrive on 3rd sept for 1 week looking forward to it , can you reccomend any bars for just chiling and good company and a laugh now and again thanx

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2011, 11:11:32 PM »
Perhaps NEXT year, Dimitris??

We'll be arriving late 30th Sept/early 1st October so sadly will miss it - yet again!

To those who will be able to go - you'll have a FABULOUS time!!

Janis x x

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2011, 11:55:52 PM »
Hi happynoods.
can you reccomend any bars for just chiling and good company and a laugh now and again

Sounds like a definition of the Coconut Bar. We do all three with monotonous regularity in there.

Phil

Offline happynoods

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2011, 10:19:47 AM »
Hi happynoods.
can you reccomend any bars for just chiling and good company and a laugh now and again

Sounds like a definition of the Coconut Bar. We do all three with monotonous regularity in there.

Phil

thanx phil looking forward to it already

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2011, 09:29:34 PM »
Wish we could be there, maybe next year. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline tonynglenda

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2011, 09:37:12 PM »
We'll be there. For the first time it is on while we are there, looking forward to it. We go on Friday, yippee.

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2011, 10:04:04 PM »
Just memories of 2008.

yes, I'm the one who looks, and was, all wined out. Some would not publish the image, but I know me, who I am, and I don't care. The wine festival is so special. Didn't happen last year so I hope it is twice as good this year. DON'T MISS IT!!!!

Phil

Booking.com