Author Topic: Return To Arillas  (Read 8841 times)

Offline paul/jackie

Return To Arillas
« on: August 07, 2005, 09:20:49 PM »
Just got back from Arillas we cant believe how many people we met that return here to holiday again year after year, we spent 2wks this being our first visit and stayed at the Arillas Bay Apartments which was fantastic,  :D within a wk of being home we tried to rebook for 2006 but could not get in, frantically we searched for another sea front apartment and got lucky to book in at the Kaloudis Village( ANY COMMENTS ON THESE APARTMENTS MUCH APPRECIATED ) we have strong feelings that Arillas will be getting return visits from us for many years to come. HAPPY HOLIDAYS .  :)   :)

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
You're Back
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2005, 09:43:31 PM »
Glad you enjoyed your holiday. Don't tell too many people though 'cause they'll all want to be there. Kaloudis is on a few forum topics and will give you all you the info you need.
Best Wishes.
Negg

Offline Paul/Deb5

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
Return To Arillas
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2005, 12:44:14 AM »
Hi Paul/ Jackie
  Glad you enjoyed your holiday and nice meeting another forum user, I expect you had many a nice meal and a drink with Yiannis & co ? they are a happy bunch down the Sea Breeze.
THere was no need to rush in to booking as soon as you got back as there is some good deals through the winter, but I do know how you feel,  especially if you want a sea front location which usually go first, hope you got a good deal ?

Paul/Deb5

Offline paul/jackie

Return To Arillas
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2005, 11:07:01 PM »
Hi Paul/Deb yes we had a great time with Yiannis and co the food and hospitality was out of this world  :lol: , we are a little disapointed not to be able to stay at the Arillas Bay apartments in July 2006, but shall make sure we visit for many meals and drinks, we had trouble finding another apartment on the sea front but hope the Kaloudis Village will be just as friendly we manager to book the last availabe apartment what luck hey  :) , we hope by the following summer Yiannis will have his own apartments ready to rent, we can only manage one visit a year at the moment, enloy your return visit and we hope to meet up again next year :D

Offline gaye

• Forum Fanatic
just back from Arillas
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2005, 05:48:10 PM »
Just back (well last Tuesday after a 5 hour delay thru the night !!) from 3rd visit to Arillas. Have visited Corfu a dozen times but we truly love the nw coast, Arillas in particular.

Stayed for the 2nd time at Ina's apartments having stayed at Vavilas once.

Nobody seems to report much on the family-run fish restaurant run by Thomas and his wife but the food there is fabulous.

Anyway, we really want to return to Ina's which we love but I have found the flights quite costly for 2006.

Any suggestions? So far have only managed 800 pounds return with 2 changeovers!

Gaye
gaygo

Offline db

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
Return To Arillas
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2005, 05:55:14 PM »
hey wish restaurant is that,is it up the back road past bardis sun,i remember passin a big house covered in red flowers,it looked like a family run retaurant.we only found it on the last nite so never got to try it,.i wonder is it the one ur talkin bout. :?

Offline db

Return To Arillas
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2005, 06:23:23 PM »
gaye i was lookin up flights for the start of sep from manchester n the cheapest for 2 adults for 2 weeks was 368. that is only the flights.did not no wat date ya wer thinkin of so tried from th 2nd of sep i think,

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
Return To Arillas
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2005, 06:27:59 PM »
Hello Gaye,

Have you tried www.xl.com ?  When you do your seach type 'greece' into the special offer box and you will get a further discount. :D

Good luck,

Eileenx

Offline Aly

• Arillas Addict
Return To Arillas
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2005, 06:44:39 PM »
I went to the fish restaurant run by Thomas (with lovely apartments just opposite), and have to say, had THEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE most fab meal there. We had a starter each, then a platter of fish including prawns and 3/4 types of other fish, cooked in olive oil, lemon and herbs with potatoes, beers and wine .... 17 euros. Now how exceptional is that?

Fantastic

Offline Aly

• Arillas Addict
Re: just back from Arillas
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2005, 06:49:50 PM »
We must have been on the same 'horrendous' flight Gaye, me too on that one  :cry: , it took a few days to recover the trying to sleep on a floor routine in the airport.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
Thomas's
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2005, 07:59:01 PM »
This fish Taverna sounds good.We'll give it a go in Oct.
Negg

Offline bobandjoyce

• http://www.essential-opportunity.co.uk
Return To Arillas
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2005, 11:09:05 PM »
Hi
we booked our flights through xl.com and got a really good deal.
we also discovered a good holiday insurance deal with a company called www.optionsinsurance.co.uk (much cheaper than the post office and us being Scottish.......tight fisted u'no!!)
It leaves that little bit extra to spend in Arillas - that's my excuse  8)

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
Excel
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2005, 11:32:12 PM »
A good piece of info this xl.com. Looking at next June and flying from Bristol it looks like we can get flights for £194 each. ( For 16 days )
Megg

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
xl
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2005, 11:33:33 PM »
Ref Previous message. I meant Negg not "Megg" - Do I look like a Megg?

Offline db

Return To Arillas
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2005, 11:16:15 AM »
gaye those flights i was telllin ya about work out £140 each so for the 2 of u ,in total it is £365 or sumthin.ne way just to let ya no it was on the thomson web site.the dates wer 1st sep 2006 until 16th sep 2006   :D  :D

Booking.com