Author Topic: HELP .. Need a Room  (Read 4223 times)

Offline The Walkers

HELP .. Need a Room
« on: June 22, 2011, 08:06:32 PM »
Hi to everyone

We have been coming to Arillas for the last 26 years , it is like our second home .

We have stayed in many places over the years , but now need help with maybe finding a new place to stay :-(

Our son is now in a wheelchair and I am not sure that our usuall accomodation is going to be suitable anymore  :-(   

The thought of not being able to bring our family to Arillas anymore is unthinkable , so I am pleading with you all to come up with a solution for me.

I just need the accomodation to have no steps ( or a small step that can be bumped up ) and a big enough bathroom to transfer someone from a wheelchair onto a shower chair .

Any ideas can you please let me know

Thanks

Lisa

xx

Offline Mick and Jill

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
Re: HELP .. Need a Room
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2011, 08:14:18 PM »
We have taken my mum the last 2 years in her wheelchair, the Marina was great with the elevator but the bathroom would be an issue.  This time we stayed at the Marina pool side apartments, plenty of room, no steps but bathroom again would be an issue.

I'm sure someone on here can help, may even be worth messaging Eggy.

Good luck

Jill x
Jill XXX

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2011, 08:39:14 PM »
May be wrong, but we have a vague memory that Ina's apartments, next to the shop have suitable facilities. Might be worth contacting her to find out. I can always ask her when I'm there on 12th July, and maybe get a picture to send you by Personal Message. Bear in mind, this is a vague memory, but perfectly happy to help in any way I can.

It would be a tragedy if you can't find somewhere suitable. Feel sure that someone on the forum can help you.

Phil

Offline The Walkers

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2011, 08:39:46 PM »
Hi

Thanks for your reply .

We have stayed with George and his family for many years , so the Marina would be be my first choice but as you say may have an issue with the bathroom .

Thanks for suggetsing Eggy I will try to message him

Lisa

Offline The Walkers

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2011, 08:44:06 PM »
Hi Phil

Thanks , I was just speaking of Inna's to my Mum , we have also stayed there in the past, in the front room which was lovely and big , I just cant remember the bathroom layout  and if there are steps to the appartment !!

I will ring Inna and ask , thanks for the offer of taking picis but we are looking to arrive on the 18th July so may be too late .

Dont worry we will find somewhere to stay , even if I have to pack the tent and pitch it on the beach !!!

We've not a missed a year since 1985, and dont plan on starting now

Lisa x

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2011, 08:56:04 PM »
Hi Lisa - I'm no expert on these things, but I reckon that Horizon might be ok for you and your son - there's a ramp to the property and a lift to the rooms.  We've only stayed there once before, but our room had both a double bed and an open room off to the side with a sofa bed.  The bathroom was not huge, but it might be possible to use.
I'll look to see if I've any photos...

Janis x

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2011, 09:33:56 PM »

Well, the first time I've been able to post a photo on here for ages and it just happens to be a bathroom....

This is the bathroom in our room at Horizon.

I'll try and copy photos of our room as well if I can

Janis x

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2011, 10:13:18 PM »

The above photo shows the side room off the main room

and the one below shows the side of the bed and the access to the bathroom

Hope these help!

Janis x

Offline Ang

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2011, 01:01:27 PM »
We stayed at the Thetis twice and from memory their bathrooms were pretty much conventional size as like here in the UK, Ive a feeling the ground floor rooms were reasonably wheelchair friendly but Ive got a nagging feeling that there were some steps.

Horizon was going to be my first recommendation for all the reason Janis has said, but unless some of the rooms have larger bathrooms I think it would be very difficult (know how hard its been when taking my wheelchair bound mother in law to a diabled toilet over here)

Hope you find something
Ang

Booking.com