Author Topic: Taxi Share 30 May 2011  (Read 3796 times)

Offline jane and matt

Taxi Share 30 May 2011
« on: May 04, 2011, 09:17:44 PM »
We land in Corfu at @ 2.10 am on Tuesday 31 May 2011 from Gatwick anyone fancy sharing a taxi to Arillas?!

Jane and Matt :)

Sooooooooo excited cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline JHS

Re: Taxi Share 30 May 2011
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2011, 05:58:10 PM »
Would have been happy to share a taxi but we don't arrive from Gatwick until 2.50.  Are you booking a taxi or just picking one up at the airport?  Am happy to PM you with my phone (mobile) number in case you are delayed (God forbid) - or we are early (yes please!!!)

Offline jane and matt

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2011, 10:17:10 PM »
Hi

Thanks for your reply we were planning to book a cab in advance but do you know how much just getting a cab at the airport costs. Happy to share if you are early or we are delayed but will just want to get to appartment ASAP that time of the morning !!!!.

Jane and Matt

Offline harold

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2011, 12:20:12 AM »
Last time we got a Taxi from the Airport it was 50 Euro that was about 3 years ago.Make sure you agree the price first. There are price guilds in the airport(wall mounted )just check on there also.
Harold,
Theres only one Altrincham FC

Offline JHS

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2011, 11:55:30 AM »
I absolutely understand that - I really wouldn't want to wait 40 minutes for someone else to arrive  The chances are that if you are late - we would probably be late too.  Even worse would be if you were on time and we were late - that would be really frustrating.

We are planning to book a taxi too so it's probably best just to go ahead and do our own thing.

I have never found much difference in price between booking and picking one up at the airport - last Sept it cost 55 euros to pick one up at the airport.  On ONE occasion when we had booked one - we had to wait about an hour for it to arrive -
THAT was frustrating.

Enjoy your holiday!

Offline jane and matt

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2011, 10:52:23 PM »
Hi

Thanks for your replies we will go ahead and book a taxi anyway sounds like it will be quicker that hoping one is available at the airport. enjoy your holiday and lets hope our flights are on time !!

jane and matt

Booking.com