Author Topic: Horizon Hotel 2010  (Read 11863 times)

Offline TerryW

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Horizon Hotel 2010
« on: September 16, 2010, 05:34:58 PM »
The Horizon was better than ever this year. The breakfast was wonderful, with eggs, bacon and sausage, added to the choice of food. Mary is a really good cook and a highlight was her homemade fig, pear, apple or strawberry marmalade and everything except the strawberries were grown at her house.

Helen loved her daily dish of fresh fruit, yoghurt and honey.

We all thought the meals were excellent with the Stamna being the favourite

The cheese, sauce, beef and the fresh vegetables were lovely and worth having just to see Spiros turn the plate over.

As usual the homemade deserts were delicious, the cheesecake, baklava,  the chocolate brownie, and the Chocolate Souffle (mmmmmm Lindypops)

Offline TONYNEW

• Arillas 2016
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Dionysos
    • Tonys webshots
Re: Horizon Hotel 2010
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2010, 05:47:21 PM »
Well it certainly looks good Terry i bet you licked the plate afterwards too lol
Tony

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2010, 05:58:45 PM »
Terry that's cruel of you....teasing us with all that delish food!

The chocolate souffle is absolute yum!  I ordered it twice in July :-)

Eileen.xx

Offline Ang

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2010, 08:38:16 PM »
Ah!! well that's where we will be again in october, may do breakfast a bit more this time of year but that said maybe less choice but no worries as long as im there is enough
Ang

Offline BeckyB

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2010, 08:46:32 PM »

Yum! Yum! Yum! YUM!!
Oh boy, that looks seriously good Terry and I don't even have a particularly sweet tooth. I think you might have converted me :-)

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2010, 08:21:20 AM »
Mmmmm...fooood.... :)
Life is good ;)

Offline sharonF

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2010, 01:16:54 PM »
Just imagine Homer Simpson drooling when he sees a doughnut ............... that's what I look like now :D

Sharon x

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2010, 08:13:09 PM »
Looks wonderful, Terry! We'll be there in 10 days (can't wait!) We've had lunch at Horizon many times (I adore the home made burgers - won't eat burgers at home!!)
and we've had many evening meals there also. We've never been disappointed with the food (or anything else, for that matter)
Oh - and I love Horizon's freshly made fruit juice with an assortment of fruits. At 5 euros a go it's a bit pricey, but still, when on holiday....

Thanks for posting

Janis x

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2010, 09:24:02 PM »
Hi Janis,

When we were there the Horizon had a music night on a Thursday. The singer was called Christos and he was really good. He sang many different types of songs but I loved his versions of Nothing Else Matters and Dust In The Wind. I hope he is there again next year

Also there is a new waiter called Dimitris and he is good fun. His mum is Rula, Marino's and Mary's sister. He also does a couple of songs. and is quite good for an eighteen year old.
I tried to video a few songs but it was too dark and there was a lot of background noise.

I promised Dimitris I would put a song on YouTube so here is one by him and one by Christos. They were a lot better than than the videos show.

Christos singing Nothing Else Matters

Dimitris singing "Hero" as by Enrique Iglesias

I did try to turn Dimitris into a Rock Star

http://sendables.jibjab.com/view/8vvtCBu8GEqm6syE

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2010, 10:26:46 PM »
He also does a couple of songs. and is quite good for an eighteen year old.

Terry...when I was over in July I couldn't help but notice that Dimitris has not a bad bod for an eighteen year old either....of course I'm only going by what my daughter and her friend told me...... ;-)

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2010, 11:50:32 PM »
when I was over in July I couldn't help but notice that Dimitris has not a bad bod for an eighteen year old either

I told Nikos that I think he has a young pretender to his female admirers fame. I also told Dimitris, when he did his Elvis song, that he could do with a bit of hose pipe down his trousers. :-(

One night I was pulling his leg because he always had his hands in his pockets and told him what Confucious said about that. Later his mum, Rula was at the bar and I told her about his hands in pockets. The next day he came in and his pockets had been sewn up :-).

Offline Lindypops

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2010, 01:52:37 AM »
I`m here Terry re food, and it looks so nice.
Lindypops.

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2010, 02:22:43 AM »
We did three Black Russians on the Horizon Upstairs towards the end of our July visit home. Dimitris seriously impressed us with his manners and his genuine care for us. We were in romantic mode, just wallowing in the reality of hearing the sea crashing in and watching our Arillas unfold in front of us. (Oh all right then, we were p****d.) But we were able to spend a couple of hours without intrusion, just doing our own thing. He was the perfect host. As for bodies and voices, we'll leave you to worry about all that. We certainly didn't on a night we still remember now.

Loved the YouTubes Terry.

Phil

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2010, 02:35:58 AM »
After "Friday night is curry night" round at my daughter Rachel's tonight (we also had a vinyl evening) we came back home to the pc and watched Terry's (and others) Arillas videos to get us in the mood...
Barry's gone up to bed, singing the sirtaki song (la, la etc..) and I'm on the forum for a very short while

Getting REALLY excited about Arillas and Horizon now..

Joan and John (who came back last week) are coming round for dinner tomorrow night so we'll get to hear all about their fortnight in heaven

Janis x

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2010, 01:57:13 PM »
As we were having a pre-diinner drink one nigh,t I found I was looking this reflection

Booking.com