Author Topic: Manos coach transfers 2010  (Read 6269 times)

Offline swilliams

Manos coach transfers 2010
« on: September 01, 2010, 12:18:01 PM »
Hello,

I've read mixed reviews on coach transfers from Corfu airport to Arillas and wondered what experience of this has been like this year. I am arriving from East Mids on 13th Sept at 15.40 and a friend of mine is arriving from a flight from Glasgow 50 minutes before mine. We wondered whether to get a taxi together, but we'd rather not if the experience this year has been ok.

Has anyone had any experience of this this year?

Cheers,
Sian

Offline Val n Bill

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Manos coach transfers 2010
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2010, 04:05:39 PM »
Book a taxi. although we have never had any trouble in all the years we have visited Corfu, a taxi takes you right to your accommodation and from the airport to Arillas you could be in your room within 40 mins.(less on night transfers) The worst transfer I heard of this year was 4 hours! but there are stories of 5-6 hours in the past. Olympic seem to be the worst.Our Thomson coach took an hour to leave the airport due to the number of flights it was meeting. On the way home it only took 40 mins to get to the airport.
The love affair continues.

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2010, 05:17:25 PM »
We were out in July
Transfer was a bit delayed due to lost luggage (Still in Birmingham)came next day
we then had to get another coach that was a long story
But when we did finaly get under way we did the TOUR
SIDARI, SAN STEF, ARILLAS
Driver not knowing where to go, juat us and two other couples left on after Sidari
had to direct driver to San Steff and then on to Arillas .
the other couples had not been before and would possibly still be going round the Island now.

bit of a lottery transfers
just sit back and enjoy the ride It's all paet of the Holiday

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2010, 05:57:28 PM »
We always do the taxi transfer, having been left in Sidari at 7am, after a night flight and waited an hour by the roadside for the minibus. That was Olympic in 2002 though.

Like John says a bit of a lottery. In Ocober 2007 we were in Arillas at Kaloudis within an hour - the Thomson coach took the Paleokastritsa route rather than Acharavi/Roda/etc.

Noula whose service you can book on here is good, as is Arillas Cars/Anna Studios. They'll never let you down.

Phil

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2010, 06:24:55 PM »
We wondered whether to get a taxi together, but we'd rather not if the experience this year has been ok.

Has anyone had any experience of this this year?

I booked a taxi with San Stefano Travel via this site for both Heidi and I and it has worked like a dream for the past four years.

Everyone who has booked with Olga or Arkokal Travel also have been most happy with the service I have been told.
Life is good ;)

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2010, 06:40:27 PM »
Well said Erja - Olga and Arkokal make four choices, and are just as reliable. How could I miss them out? I HATE making lists....

Phil

Offline swilliams

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2010, 06:46:51 PM »
Thanks all; will book a taxi unless I hear any good experiences of 2010 Manos coach transfers soon.

Offline kevin.g

• ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2010, 08:59:12 PM »
hi swilliams
you can book a taxi through noula for about e55,or you,text or call dimitris or stamatis who have a brand new mercedes taxi,,.,on <0030>6972767803..for about e50...enjoy the views,,,yammas

Offline swilliams

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2010, 12:27:30 PM »
Thank you.

One thing though: I'm not sure if it's a good idea to pre-book a taxi: my friend is arriving on a Glasgow flight 50 mins before my flight from East Mids. If one of our flights is delayed we might as well get the coach transfers because otherwise it will be too expensive for just one of us to get a cab.

Rather than pre-booking a taxi, has anyone just got one from outside of the airport? If so, was it still the same price - around 50 euros? And was there a big queue?

Thanks,
Sian

Offline Paul D

• Forum Fanatic
  • Welsh Arilliac
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2010, 01:36:27 PM »
Hi, Sian.  Not sure about taxis outside the as we`ve never got one ( there`s bound to someone on here with info).
All I can say is that , luckily we`ve never had a problem with Manos coach transfers. Probably jinxed myself for next week, now.

Paul
Arillas - `perfect antidote to life`s stresses and strains`!

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2010, 06:05:36 PM »
The taxis outside the terminal were about 10 euros dearer both times we've used them. Expect that is about normal. Sounds like the coach might be a much cheaper bet for you two. We haven't done Manos transfers, but it was Olympic that was terrible for us. As Paul said, maybe grin and bear it??

Good luck and enjoy your holidays

Phil

Offline mathsboffin

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2010, 06:37:55 PM »
Our transfer on 23 August took just over 2 hours, with 3 drops in Sidari, 2 in San Steph, and one in Arillas (us). 

Going back yesterday, much better, with all pick ups in Arillas (2) and San Stephano (2), an empty coach almost.  There was a full coach from Sidari though!  Transfer took about an hour and a half - coach was driving carefully, with the rain on the road, it was a little slippy.

I would say enjoy the ride and save your 50 euros for a lovely meal at Brouklis!

Sharon
Sharon

Booking.com