Author Topic: Corfu 2010  (Read 23738 times)

Offline TONYNEW

• Arillas 2016
  • Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Dionysos
    • Tonys webshots
Corfu 2010
« on: August 28, 2010, 12:45:47 PM »
Hi Folks just managed to upload around 130 odd pics to webshots
I actually lost 4 days of my hols while in Arillas as i put my back out on the Thursday of the 1st week and ended up in the apartment for the 1st 3 days with Anne nipping to the supermarket for my evenings supply of Mythos a couple of Pizzas and Gyros so the new Pizza place came in handy
We bumped into Erja and Heidi in the coconut before i ended up bed ridden lol then bumped into Jo and family when i was on the mend
Had some great meals in Armourada,Kostas,Vavillass,Sea Breeze,Helens Creperie,Marina and of course Broukliss:-)
Booked a couple of trips Through Olga one on the islands Grand Tour and Corfu Town
unfortunately for me on the Grand Tour i had to get a taxi back from Paleo as my back was in Agony 50 Euro in a taxi but worth it
So heres a few pics on webshots there are more to come and a video of me diving off the pier before i did my back in i just need to get them from my Daughter Carly and her partner Daryl which was their 1st time to Greece let alone Arillas and they both loved every minute of it so it looks like we may have another couple of converts
The only thing i found bad this year was the Mosi's, even with Deet based repellent i was bitten quite badly as was Carly and Anne lucky Daryl didnt even get 1 bite in the whole 2 weeks
Anyway a big thank you to all the locals of Arillas that made our holiday brilliant as usual
All i can say is roll on next year
http://travel.webshots.com/album/578471021HgTnFh

Tony

Offline sharonF

• ARILLIAC
Re: Corfu 2010
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2010, 01:15:53 PM »
Gorgeous pics Tony, sorry about your back! 

Sharon x

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2010, 02:00:55 PM »
Thanks for all of the pics Tony. So full of memories, wish I had bothered more. Glad it was such a good holiday (except for the back...) But you couldn't really fail at Mathraki and in Arillas

Cheers
Phil

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2010, 03:49:58 PM »
What a shame about your back...but a prescription of Mythos, Pizza and Gyros couldn't fail to cure!

Thanks for posting your photos, loved the Achilleon Palace...and all those lovely statues of men....!

(hee, hee Phil...I even spotted one of you there)

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2010, 04:08:01 PM »
I've just looked at all the photo's Tony, and really enjoyed seeing them. I love the photo's of the planes from Kanoni, I must go there sometime on a busy flying day. Glad you had a good time apart from the bad back, and good look on the jobs front.

Offline sharonF

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2010, 04:34:05 PM »

(hee, hee Phil...I even spotted one of you there)

LOL, I'll just my glasses on and have another look :)

Sharon x

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2010, 07:25:27 PM »
Eileen you little minx. My closely guarded secret is out.

Jen just said "you were the one who looked like a cross between Eric Morecombe and an ear trumpet..."

I was there, but not in body....
lmao
Phil

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2010, 07:27:05 PM »
Yes Eileen....I can confirm it's Phil...lol :wink:
Sandy x

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2010, 07:59:32 PM »
You can go off people! No luvvers, you can say what you like, and to quote Dolly Parton, "I will always love you..."

Looking at the statues, it's amazing how small can turn into large given the right stimulation..... But that's for Jen to know and you to wonder about.

If I've still not got the plot I won't be ashamed if you have to explain it.

love to both (and stop ganging up on me...)
Phil

Offline TONYNEW

• Arillas 2016
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Dionysos
    • Tonys webshots
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2010, 10:00:52 AM »
I guess you mean this one Eileen lol

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2010, 11:12:50 AM »
LOL...you are just trying to get me into trouble Tony...I think I'll duck under the parapet for now before Phil sorts me out!!! xxx

Offline Sara

• Forum Fanatic
    • www.villatheia-corfu.com
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2010, 10:41:12 AM »
I've only just found this post Tony. Thanks for the link to your photos - they're great. It looks like you packed plenty into your holiday. What a shame about your back. Of all the places to put your back out, it had to be on holiday in Arillas!!!  Hope you're O.K now.
There will be no stopping Carly & Daryl now that they've experienced Greece & especially Arillas - they'll be back.

Sara..x

Offline TONYNEW

• Arillas 2016
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Dionysos
    • Tonys webshots
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2010, 02:52:47 PM »
They absolutely loved it Sara well apart from the mosis that is Carly was biiten all over as was i using DEET based repellents,ive never known it to be as bad Daryl on the otherhand got not 1 bite Anne got a fair few so gonna have to try another tactic next year what i dont know as they've worked for me in the past
Luckily only a couple went a tad funny 1 on my wrist and 1 on the side of my clock lol so the anti histamine was out and within 24 hours the swelling was going down .
I dunno why but they just love me it must be all the Mythos ans Black Sambuca i supped ;-)
Tony

Offline Geoff

• Corfiotophile
  • Arillas Addict
    • http://www.geoff-and-sue.freehighway.net
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2010, 04:39:21 PM »
Tony - sorry to hear that the Mosies got you despite the fact that you were using DEET. What was the concentration in your spray? You've got me worried now as I always rely on DEET based sprays, and I'm wondering if I should get the 100% flavour despite the fact that this can be a bit harsh on the skin.
Don't know where you get yours from - but you might be interested in this site I have found

http://www.safariquip.co.uk/help-travel-advice/choosing-an-insect-repellent/

as it gives a lot of info about alternatives to DEET. There's one in particular that you may be interested in called Picaridin as it is supposed to be better than DEET ??? Can't vouch for the site though as I have not yet bought anything from them.
Do you think that this Picaridin is strong enough to ward off the sharp sting of the deadly Eileenus Linakisus ;-)

Home is where the heart is - CORFU :-)

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2010, 06:15:18 PM »
lmao Geoff. As you can tell from this thread, I have often been bitten by those (Eileenus Linakisus) creatures, while the mozzies leave me completely alone!!! The symptoms start with a tingling in your ear, which progresses on to a full blown ache as more alcohol is consumed, and your partner gets involved. The final stage is as you dissolve into hysterical laughter and get arrested for breach of the peace....

There is no spray on the market to combat it. But then, I wouldn't buy it if it were. Eileenus Linakisus must be the only complaint you enjoy having.... I certainly do.

Tony mate, if the 50% Deet Jungle Strength didn't work, I will have to wrap Jen up in cling-film next time. But I can tell you that it isn't the Mythos and Black Sambucca or I would just be one very large mosquito bite.... Hope the job issues are working out - you must get back to Arillas in 2011.

Phil

Booking.com