Author Topic: We Arrive Tuesday Morning  (Read 3631 times)

Offline mythos2

We Arrive Tuesday Morning
« on: June 27, 2010, 01:30:53 PM »
This is my first post on this informative forum and we make our first visit to the resort on Tuesday morning.  We're regular Greek Island travellers and as ever, we're looking forward to a hard earned holiday.  The only concerns are about the cost of things this year although the € exchange rate has got better and when looking at the weather forecast it seems more like a chance of rain appears every day.  We were in Paxos last year and had a week of the wet stuff and in Lefkada a few years ago and it was wetter than a bad Manchester winter - not much warmer on some days either.  Past visits to Corfu have seen heatwaves Kassiopi and Sidari.  Am I being a bit pessimistic?  We're both beach bums, love a lunchtime Mythos in an ice cold glass [large] and drink local wine at night with our meal.  Mrs Mythos usually orders the wine and I order the beer.  We're looking forward to sharing our time with Arillas and making friends with any Greek Cats we may find.  We might have to pop over to Sidari as a family member should be there.  So is there a local bus?

Offline John B

• Holiday in Heaven
  • Arillas regular visitor
  • Super Member {over 100 posts}
Re: We Arrive Tuesday Morning
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2010, 01:59:39 PM »
Hi mythos2,

There is no bus from Arillas.

There is a bus stop on the way to St Stephanos, about a 20 mins walk from Arillas.

Have a fantastic time.

John

Offline Samwell

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
  • Yammas!
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2010, 02:07:07 PM »
Welcometo the forum!

I must be breif coz right now ive got a lot of sunbathing to be doing ;) and the footys on later in mirage... but all i can say is that right now it wouldnt want to be any hotter, its gorgeous. A few small clouds but sunny as ever. Theres a storm forecast for tomorrow but i severely doubt itll come!

The beach is small but lovely, the mythos is cold and freshing, the food is top notch and well priced, still! and if u come to where i am right now, dimitris's taverna, he has plenty of cats! Adolphina looks pregnant again :D

Enjoy your stay, enjoy the food, drinks, sun, beach, company of others... everything! Ill no doubt be in the malibu if u want to say hi!

Yammas!

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2010, 02:14:37 PM »
And welcome from us too. You'll love Arillas. Have a wonderful time.

Phil

Offline Sara

• Forum Fanatic
    • www.villatheia-corfu.com
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2010, 03:38:52 PM »
Welcome Mythos2. You're just going to love Arillas & don't worry about the weather too much. If you do have some "wet stuff" it should'nt last long. My favourite weather forecast website is
www.accuweather.com/world-forecast-15day.asp?partner=accuweather&traveler=0&locCode=EUR|GR|GR025|CORFU&metric=1
..... no sign of any rain. [the only website which shows rain is the BBC ??]

Enjoy.

Sara.

Offline katerina

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2010, 12:39:49 AM »
Hi Mythos

I'm sure you'll love Arillas, I was there in May and will be back in September.

You can book a bus trip through Olgas travel which goes to Kassiopi on Tuesday and Thursday. I'm sure you can be dropped off at Sidari (as they go through there) and also be picked up there on the return back to Arillas. It's worth asking anyway :)

Have a great time!

Offline wetty

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2010, 12:41:32 PM »
Hi Mythos,

I can confirm what Katerina says. We booked the Kassiopi trip a couple of years ago, & the bus stopped in Sidari to drop off & pick up.

Wetty

Offline Jersey Bean

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2010, 12:56:27 AM »
There always used to be a Sidari bus trip twice a week and very cheap booked with the travel agent opposite the Coconut.

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2010, 08:53:15 PM »
Welcome Mythos2
We get in on Monday visit no 6
Keep a look out we are at the Rainbow 
say hello if you see us.

SAM, dont forget to turn over every now and then

Booking.com