Author Topic: Bardis Sun Studios - Thomson (further to Wendy's post)  (Read 10842 times)

Offline willowlark

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
Bardis Sun Studios - Thomson (further to Wendy's post)
« on: June 27, 2005, 01:03:40 PM »
Hi there

We have just returned from another fantastic fortnight at the Bardis Sun Studios.

We were there when Spiros had the 'pulling the plug' Thomson meeting.

We heard whilst there that Wendy had already posted a message on the forum asking Bardis regulars to contact Thomson, and the whole family wanted me to come on and thank Wendy for them.

I called Thomson this morning as I wanted a name to write to.  They wouldn't give me one, surprise surprise!

Here is the address if you do want to write to Thomson with glowing reports re the Studios:

Customer Service Department
Thomson Holidays,
Greater London House,
Hampstead Road,
London NW1 7SD

I will be sending my letter to them this week.

I appreciate all points of view regarding booking direct thereby putting the money in the Corfiot pockets etc, but for me personally I need to book it as a package as we travel from Belfast not the mainland.  We would not save any money booking direct; it would in fact cost us more as we would have four flights, transfers, hotels overnight etc.  As much as we love the place, we have to think of the money unfortunately.

It would appear obvious to me, and other Arillas regulars, that Thomson are pulling the plug as they don't make enough money out of us from the excursions.  They don't want repeat business, they want new visitors who will pay double the local price to go to Corfu town for the evening and will pay double the car hire price.

Any of you have any opinions on this?

Amanda

Offline Mr & Mrs Cafes

I think you are so right
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2005, 09:29:16 PM »
That's exactly it, they don't like it because we do our own thing when we get there and they don't get any money out of us.  Thanks for the message from Poppy & co.  Much appreciated.  I feel so sorry for them as whilst they have a lot of friends who would go there come what may, it's there bread & butter and winter is a long time with no money coming in and so they need to be sure that they are full throughout the season and whilst the pay from Thomson is rubbish, at least they know they are full and hopefully people will use the bar, eat snacks, etc.  I have written to Thomson and I know others have but what it will achieve I am not sure!  Thanks again for the message and hope to see you in Arillas some time.  You do look familiar and I think our paths may have crossed before?  Kind Regards, Wendy.

Offline harold

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2005, 12:18:52 AM »
You are correct,about them not wanting repeat holidaymakers.We have spoken to people who had tried to book with Thomson and had mentioned that they were repeat holidayers to Arillas only to be told that there were no place left.They had to travel with other companies and then they found out  from people they met in Arillas that had never been before that they had no trouble getting the same holiday from the same airport that  they were told was not available.We have never been to Arillas with Thomson so cannot really comment.
Like you Willow we would have a lot of problems going it alone and the money is also an issue.It would cost us as much just for the apartment (then flights on top)as for the whole package,but i have covered this in other post's so will not go on.
Harold,
Theres only one Altrincham FC

Offline db

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2005, 12:30:04 PM »
hey, i sent a wee e mail to thomson a wile back basically lettin them no how much we enjoyed r hol n if they cud give me ne info on whether they are defo pullin the plug. got a letter the other day sayin that they cud not give me ne more info on it as they didnt have ne to give. :roll:  i dunno. the rummer didnt just develope out of thin air. wel im sure wel find out some time.

Offline Rick

Bardis
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2005, 06:15:55 PM »
I understand that far from Thomson pulling the plug on Bardis, Bardis is pulling the plug on Thomson, taking the money from Scandinavian instead.

But let's not let the facts get in the way of a good argument, eh?

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
Bardis
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2005, 07:36:39 PM »
Rick
No one on the Forum argues, just agrees to differ.
( And I'm willing to argue that point ---- Eh? )
Seriously though, if this is right Bardis are going "Scandinavian" does that mean they are getting more per room that British Tour Ops pay?
If your facts are true there must be a good business reason they are moving from Thompsons. So it makes me curious what the cost of a 2 week package at the Bardis costs our Foreign friends. Perhaps they have more money than us Brits. Will more Greek apartment owners follow in the footsteps of Bardis? Will us British Holidaymakers find less and less places to book in Corfu? Food for thought maybe.
Who knows.
Cheers
Negg

Offline Lisa and Steve

• JustLisa
  • Forum Fanatic
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2005, 08:29:26 PM »
From what we have been told,from poppy herself,they are going with a greek company next year kappavita or something similar.The hotel is still with Thomson.

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2005, 10:37:22 PM »
An apartment owner I know who is changing to a 'European' tour operator next year, told me that yes the new tour operator is paying more per room (to him anyway).  Another major factor is the run down in the number of flights from the U.K, whilst other countries are increasing the number of flights.  Hopefully,  for the apartment owners this means more chance of having their rooms filled resulting in extra revenue from drinks & meals.

Eileenx

Offline Rick

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2005, 12:00:55 PM »
The reason any accommodation owners go from one tour operator to another is because they'll get more money; money that is passed on to us!

There is no doubt that UK flights are being reduced and, from what I heard this year, some people in Corfu like to keep many Brits in places like Sidari or Kavos because of our awful reputation.  Having driven through Sidari late on night this year I can see why.

I was surprised at how few Brits were in Arillas this year compared to previous years, although due to the above reason it was no bad thing.

Offline harold

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2005, 01:02:17 PM »
Rick,
the people that go to Arillas are usually fairly well behaved,you do get the odd silly begger though.When we first went to Arillas it was mainly german people with a few British(not BRITS) people as well.The time of the year Sally and i go is the time us more mature people go  :lol: and maybe that is why we do not see the idiots?Let them have Kavos and Sadari,but remember also if the bars were not open and the drink was not being sold to them,then you would see a lot less loutish behavior,so it does take 2 to tango.It does not excuse the idiots though.
Harold,
Theres only one Altrincham FC

Offline Mythos & Mataxa

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2005, 09:42:08 PM »
I completly agree with you Harold where ever you go in the world there are a few BRITISH idiots that spoil the resort for other britons patrons. But in Arillas i haven't found that, i don't know weather it is different in season as we go arond this time of year. :lol:  :lol:
Lets hope they stay away from arillas and stop in Sadari and Kavos, and keep Arrilas an unspioled paradise.

Matt. 8)

Offline frank1622

Bardis Sun Hotel
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2005, 08:25:40 PM »
We have not been to Arillas since last year and would be very interested to be brought "up to speed" on what's going on with Bardis Sun as well as generally in Arillas - we go there on monday 19/09/05!

Offline Lisa and Steve

• JustLisa
  • Forum Fanatic
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2005, 09:09:15 AM »
Poppy told us in August that the studios are going to be with a Greek firm next year called Kapavitta.The hotel is staying the same.As for Arillas,no change there at all.

Offline Mr & Mrs Cafes

Bardis Sun Studios
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2005, 11:03:58 PM »
Just recieved a card from the bardis family, with info on how to book at ther studios for 2006.

Go to www.corfuescape.com

The sight looks ok why dont you go and check it out. see if you recognise a face you know.

Offline Aly

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2005, 06:57:38 PM »
:lol:  HEY Mythos & Mataxa - you are famously famous on that website.

Booking.com