Author Topic: Another wonderful 2 weeks-( mammoth post)  (Read 5897 times)

Offline tonynglenda

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Super Member {over 100 posts}
Another wonderful 2 weeks-( mammoth post)
« on: June 13, 2010, 10:17:04 PM »
We got back on friday but i've been busy washing ironing and gardening so never had time to post. I'm ready for another holiday. So heres away.
We received a warm welcome as usual from our friends at the akti(no monica as she is in poland doing a yoga course). A few mythos and we were chilled and ready to go. It is so lovely to walk down the street and be greeted like old friends "welcome back", "nice to see you again".
The first night we took 'our seats' in the coconut and were there for 14 nights as usual. We are creatures of habit. Hana, kostas and perry were as lovely as ever. Little akis(perry and marias boy) is like a little cherub, gorgeous.
Next day went for a chat with sharon(marina pool) and met janice and barry. Nice to meet you both.
The weather was improving all the time after a dull start.
Must mention the sea breeze taverna. Yiannis has certainly got it together after a bad year last year. With help from glen it is much improved. The back of the restaurant is opened up and is light and airy with a new roof replacing the old leaky one, and gone are the old horrible toilets.
Following on from other reports we can add that the prices in the bars and restaurants are all exactly the same as last year. The shops may be more expensive for anyone buying groceries but i dont go on holiday to cook or clean. Cigs have gone up but they are still much cheaper than at home.

We hired a quad again and that was the same price as well. Fuel is dearer but you can go for miles on a quad with a full tank.
The exchange rate was 1.19 so that is better than we got at home.
Had a good day out on a boat with mick, jill and calum, skippered by captain dave. Tony has dried out now. Every wave hit him and missed the rest of us. It was good fun.
Met riggers again in the coconut with sue. He's a creature of habit as well. Then met neil, lynn and colin, craig and some others in the rainbow. It is nice when you actually see people you talk to on the forum. Of course mick, jill and calum are old friends now thanks to the forum.
All too soon our holiday was over but on a good note its only 14 weeks til we go back and do it all again. Look forward to seeing all who are there then.
Riggers we've heard about what happened when we left! He's going back in september are you ha ha
Hope everyone who's going this season has a wonderful time and helps the local economy by spending money in the bars and restaurants etc. Enjoy.   

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
Re: Another wonderful 2 weeks-( mammoth post)
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2010, 11:48:51 PM »
Great post glenda! Really sounded like you had a lovely time. And going back so soon... That's just greedy :-)

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2010, 11:53:12 PM »
Glenda I was nearly there with you. Thanks for such an upbeat, North of UK report. Did riggers get naked in the Nut? I'm intrigued. Read something in Mick and Jill's report too. You ratbags obviously had a whale of a time. Our turn soon.....

Phil

Maggie

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2010, 12:15:08 AM »
I saw you both with Mick and Jil in the coconut, but we were with a crowd?? and didn't know your names til I spoke to Eggy. I did recognise Jill & mick, & calum, but you were all together, and , didn't like to interupt. I will next time tho!!!!!!!!!!

Glad you all had a great time ......

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2010, 08:08:01 AM »
Lovely report Glenda & Tony!

I could just see you on 'your seats' in the Nut and the balance in the universe was perfectly aligned for a moment :)

Thank you for sharing!
Life is good ;)

Offline MaryH

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2010, 09:35:29 AM »
Tony and  Glenda what a lovely and positive report - you sound like you had a wonderfull time

Mary :)

Offline tonynglenda

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2010, 10:28:40 AM »
Thanks everyone, I was worried it was a bit long winded. Phil, we'll leave it to riggers to tell the tale. Maggie you should've come over. Everyone is always welcome in geordie corner.

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2010, 12:25:56 PM »
Long winded? My report was in six parts....!!!

Loved meeting you two, though - shame we didn't have much time to talk.
(BTW - you appear in part 4 of Janis and Barry's May Holiday to Arillas)

Looking forward to meeting up with you two again soon

Janis x

Offline ger

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2010, 01:20:19 PM »
sounds like it was good! oh i cant wait now..........spend yesterday sorting out my clothes, toiletries, getting the suitcases ready!!! how sad am i??? ha ha 11 days to go
ger x

Offline Mick and Jill

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2010, 04:02:15 PM »
Phil if you look at my photos on facebook Riggers new friend is in a few of the photos, ha ha never seen a man so frightened but I am saying no more, had a pain in my side with laughing.  Think Riggers may change the date of his holiday next June don't think he will want to be there at the same time as me again ha ha.

Glenda another brill holiday with you and Tony, Dave said he has had the best holiday ever (he has been going for over 20yrs) and can't wait till September so we must be doing something right.  Still doing washing and ironing.  Speak soon X

Jill
Jill XXX

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2010, 09:42:21 PM »
Great report and certainly not too long!
Sandy x

Offline willis

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2010, 10:42:43 PM »
I really enjoyed the evening when there were a few of us in the Coconut discussing the exploits of 'Hot Dave' and his 3:30 visit from 'Amorous Ann' :). My cheeks hurt after that one.
Nick

Offline Mick and Jill

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2010, 11:01:41 PM »
That was hilarious, when he said he was naked when he answered the door that was just the last straw had a pain with laughing ha ha.  Poor Ann, bet it took her a couple of days to recover.
Was a good night ha ha
Jill
Jill XXX

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2010, 11:15:05 PM »
Jill - you MUST introduce us to the Coconut (but not the mozzies at the back!)
We went in once - to take a photo of Ken and Sophie on our last night - and we were on our way back from our last meal of our hols at Brouklis and on our way to Kaloudis quiz night.  We won the breakfast, which helped as we were leaving just after breakfast the next morning!

Janis x

Offline tonynglenda

« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2010, 11:23:33 PM »
You should all get yourselves into geordie corner. Its a scream. We're all totally mad. Think everyone in arillas at the time knew about Daves visitor. Poor bugger thought he was on a promise with another lady.

Booking.com