Watch out for the Doughnut Man!

Started by justlynn, June 03, 2010, 12:39:20 AM

justlynn

As Dimitris accidentally deleted the previous Doughnut Man thread, we are resurrecting it here.

Beware, beware
The doughnut man
Resist his wares?
I'm sure you can!

His prices are outrageous,
You won't get any change.
And his sense of hygiene
Is really very strange.

He walks along with a basket of wares
On the off-chance anyone dares
To buy food from a guy so unsavoury.
You'd need stupidity and not bravery!

When caught short he relieves
Himself on the beach,
Then wants to sell you
A slice of melon or a peach.
He sells fresh fruit
But he can't pronounce it.
A doughnut may look good
But you must denounce it.

You know me, I don't like to preach
But when relaxing on the beach,
Just ignore the calls of this brute,
Of "Doughnuts!" and "Flesh Fluit!"

Beware, beware
The doughnut man.
Resist his wares?
I'm sure you can!

lynn xx

justphil

kevin.g

Andyroo

Wish I had seen this post before we got stung by him last year, oh well we live and learn and survived to see another day on Arillas beach!

Erja

:D well done Lynn! And good that this topic has been resurrected to warn others.
Life is good ;)

Mick and Jill

Didn't see him last week when we were there.
Jill XXX

GaryS

I wonder if they are the same doughnuts from the first ever post on this thread? Can't be, then they would be rock buns :-)

TONYNEW

LOL GazCaz it wouldnt surprise me at all if they were,probably tinged with green mould and stale urine ewwwwwwww

Maggie

He was in the fruit shop in Kavvadades on Sunday when we were in!!!!
He bought, grapes, watermelon and pears!!!!
I suppose that means that the fruit is fresh!!!!!

Thats all thats fresh tho......

sueinlincs

We were sat last week having a meal at Kostas,& i started telling hubby all the forum stories about 'the doughnut man' .............nearly put him off his food ( we found kostas & brouklis the best food & best atmosphere during our time in Arillas)
must admit we did not bump into him....thank goodness !

sue

GaryS

Maggie

Fresh on Sunday and the next and the next and the next all the way through to October when his grapes have furmented into wine and his doughnuts are used as spare tires for childrens micro scooters.

Sandy x

Can't remember if I've told this tale before but this post reminded me of it....

A few years ago I was chatted up by a Greek man on the north beach. Not one of my finer moments, I have to admit girls, because he was well over 70, toothless and about 5 foot nothing..... However, as a token of his regard for me, when I came out of the sea on one occasion, I found a manky croissant and a bruised peach on my towel and he was grinning broadly at me...

Not sure if I was supposed to eat this gift, but that was out of the question as I wasn't sure where it had been....or even worse, where he had got it from....

Anyway, I was having problems getting rid of him so my way out of such a situation was to go for a very long swim. When I came out this time, he was about 10 yards down the beach chatting to some poor German woman.....and the croissant and peach were now on her towel. He certainly knew how to make a girl feel special....lol
Sandy x

Erja

:D that story started my morning with a laugh :D :D Thank you for sharing!
Life is good ;)

vivian

That made me fair giggle. Loads of Love Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

justlynn

:D  Made me giggle over my coffee too, Sandy!!

We haven't yet seen the doughnut man in Arillas, but did yesterday on San George beach.  I believe he was calling out in German there though!

lynn xx